Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOD 50 yrs 00:14 - Aug 25 with 1727 viewsfuture_is_tangerine

This goal started me watching the Pool. Sends shivers down my spine every time I watch it.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 0:16]
MOD 50 yrs on 01:47 - Aug 25 with 1708 viewsseasider13

I was there for that game, i had a reem view of the goal as well, me and my mate were fed up dodging bricks and beer monster Geordies on the Kop, so we scampered into the West Paddock just in time for Micky Walsh to score the goal of the season.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

MOD 50 yrs on 09:23 - Aug 25 with 1686 viewsthebigone

MOD 50 yrs on 01:47 - Aug 25 by seasider13

I was there for that game, i had a reem view of the goal as well, me and my mate were fed up dodging bricks and beer monster Geordies on the Kop, so we scampered into the West Paddock just in time for Micky Walsh to score the goal of the season.

Youngsters today will never know that excitement and anticipation of waiting for MOTD and seeing our goals. Wonderful memories.

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

MOD 50 yrs on 19:13 - Aug 25 with 1658 viewsbottle

MOD 50 yrs on 09:23 - Aug 25 by thebigone

Youngsters today will never know that excitement and anticipation of waiting for MOTD and seeing our goals. Wonderful memories.

I was scared off from my usual Kop place into the south that day as well - according to folklore there were about 20,000 of us in that end and on telly that night!

Genuine question though, can anyone remember who the black armbands were in memory of that day?
MOD 50 yrs on 18:25 - Aug 26 with 1611 viewsjosuah98

I was in the south, but still don't think it was anywhere near worthy of a goal of the season, think their wasn't many games to choose from on the telly so it won by default. Would always go with the back heal by the ghost as my favorite all time goal

MOD 50 yrs on 21:45 - Aug 26 with 1595 viewstimbertops

Up in the South Stand right behind that shot. What a feeling! Great goal and in the context of the game even sweeter.

(Pitch looks similar to the cow patch a couple of years ago!)

Always look on the SEASIDE of life!

MOD 50 yrs on 20:10 - Aug 27 with 1564 viewsWizaard

Was also in the South paddock to the left of the goal as I was looking at it, just by the hospital radio commentary booth over the tunnel.
MOD 50 yrs on 09:21 - Aug 28 with 1547 viewsvoyeur

Geordies?!!!

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024