Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Black 09:25 - Aug 28 with 5423 viewshoof_hearted

Magic mind bender still on holiday, is he?
Steve Black on 09:29 - Aug 28 with 3660 viewsMytch_QPR

He's locked up in his tower working on some new potions:

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Steve Black on 09:47 - Aug 28 with 3613 viewshoof_hearted

Maybe he's being saved for the special games. Best not to water down his magic on the Crapital Bunkup or whatever it's called this season.
Steve Black on 10:01 - Aug 28 with 3568 viewsBasingstokeR

He was on the pitch at the very end of the Spurs game putting an arm round Barton and Traore.
Steve Black on 10:03 - Aug 28 with 3554 viewsSpiritofGregory

Steve Black - what a load of crap.
Steve Black on 10:09 - Aug 28 with 3543 viewsPommyhoop

Steve Black on 10:03 - Aug 28 by SpiritofGregory

Steve Black - what a load of crap.

Love the subtlety SOG

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Steve Black on 10:16 - Aug 28 with 3529 viewsWestbourneR

The idiotic wittering for most pre-season by posters on this board about how Steve Black was going to 'get the payers head' straight drove me up the wall. I remember some simpleton even saying he'd sort out Adel! Now that is a laugh.

Never been a bigger load of rubbish that sports psychology.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Steve Black on 10:58 - Aug 28 with 3452 viewsToast_R

He's been replaced by Eileen.
Steve Black on 11:06 - Aug 28 with 3428 viewsPhildo

Steve Black on 10:58 - Aug 28 by Toast_R

He's been replaced by Eileen.

At least she could organise a piss up in a drewery
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Black on 11:07 - Aug 28 with 3426 viewsTacticalR

Steve Black on 09:29 - Aug 28 by Mytch_QPR

He's locked up in his tower working on some new potions:

Or perhaps waiting at the top of Saruman's tower for some passing eagles to rescue him? There are many dark forces at work in the Premiership.

Air hostess clique

Steve Black on 11:09 - Aug 28 with 3413 viewsoddball

hocus pocus fiddle dee do, boil redknapps head and use it as glue.
Steve Black on 11:12 - Aug 28 with 3401 viewsHayesender

Remember back in 87 we were top of the first division.

We then brought in a sports phycologist for QED and promptly went on a losing run

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Steve Black on 11:16 - Aug 28 with 3386 viewsTonto

remember last year, when we were on a losing run and brought in Steve Black, then the team galvenised itself and won the playoffs?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Steve Black on 11:17 - Aug 28 with 3378 viewsTacticalR

It looks as though our kaizen is out of alignment with our karma, so some fine-tuning might be needed.

Air hostess clique

Steve Black on 11:19 - Aug 28 with 3369 viewsLadbrokeGrover

Steve Black on 10:16 - Aug 28 by WestbourneR

The idiotic wittering for most pre-season by posters on this board about how Steve Black was going to 'get the payers head' straight drove me up the wall. I remember some simpleton even saying he'd sort out Adel! Now that is a laugh.

Never been a bigger load of rubbish that sports psychology.

"Never been a bigger load of rubbish that sports psychology."

Try telling that to the GB track cycling team and SKY cycling team. Years of total domination in the sport with a lot of the credit going to sports psychologists.

Football players unfortunately would have to turn their thoughts away from what Bentley to buy next in order to absorb and utilize the very effective skills sports psychologists can provide.
Steve Black on 11:23 - Aug 28 with 3361 viewsMytch_QPR

Steve Black on 11:17 - Aug 28 by TacticalR

It looks as though our kaizen is out of alignment with our karma, so some fine-tuning might be needed.

Ying and Yang are incoming (although Ying is only a loan deal and Yang is suspended for the first few games)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Steve Black on 11:31 - Aug 28 with 3338 viewsSpiritofGregory

Steve Black on 11:16 - Aug 28 by Tonto

remember last year, when we were on a losing run and brought in Steve Black, then the team galvenised itself and won the playoffs?

I think that had more to do with Austin coming back from Injury.
Steve Black on 11:38 - Aug 28 with 3322 viewsSpiritofGregory

Steve Black on 11:19 - Aug 28 by LadbrokeGrover

Try telling that to the GB track cycling team and SKY cycling team. Years of total domination in the sport with a lot of the credit going to sports psychologists.

Football players unfortunately would have to turn their thoughts away from what Bentley to buy next in order to absorb and utilize the very effective skills sports psychologists can provide.

Doesn't work on wealthy pampered footballers. Try telling a footballer that he is doing something wrong when 50k is going to be deposited into his bank account every week for 3/4 years, he has no mortgage and is set for life.
Steve Black on 11:45 - Aug 28 with 3312 viewsToast_R

Steve Black on 11:19 - Aug 28 by LadbrokeGrover

It's all just in the mind....
Steve Black on 11:59 - Aug 28 with 3279 viewsTacticalR

Steve Black on 11:38 - Aug 28 by SpiritofGregory

Doesn't work on wealthy pampered footballers. Try telling a footballer that he is doing something wrong when 50k is going to be deposited into his bank account every week for 3/4 years, he has no mortgage and is set for life.

Although Hoddle is supposed to have fallen out with Beckham when Hoddle said 'That's not how you take a free kick son', someone needs to say to Barton 'That's not how you take a corner son'.

Air hostess clique

Steve Black on 12:08 - Aug 28 with 3249 viewsLadbrokeGrover

Steve Black on 11:45 - Aug 28 by Toast_R

It's all just in the mind....

Nope, but (sport psychology) history will tell you that those small margins can make a/the difference.

Fu@k knows what Steve Blacks background/credentials are but I think there is a little more to it than just mumbo-jumbo....
Steve Black on 12:17 - Aug 28 with 3217 viewsWestbourneR

Cycling and football are not comparable.

We win and we lose irrespective of Steve Black.

When we were promoted under Warnock, as champions, he wasn't at the club.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Steve Black on 12:28 - Aug 28 with 3193 viewsMytch_QPR

Steve Black on 12:08 - Aug 28 by LadbrokeGrover

Nope, but (sport psychology) history will tell you that those small margins can make a/the difference.

Fu@k knows what Steve Blacks background/credentials are but I think there is a little more to it than just mumbo-jumbo....

Yes, putting aside the jovial comments, I think focus and team work are vital at this level.

Working in sales, I regularly have to 'pitch' for work. If I have a bad run, it's sometimes difficult to see where the next sale is coming from. You lose confidence and your mindset becomes negative before you even start. It's a hard cycle to break sometimes, and it includes being self-critical to find out what could have been done better.

Sure, a lot of this comes from analysing the last game with the coaching staff and working one to one with players, but having your head straight and being totally focused and confident will help enormously. Fine margins, and all that.

I know someone will probably pipe up now and ask why we haven't won yet...

The bottom line is that I think we're still having our pre-season and seeing what formation works best. Based on the Kaizen principle, a goal would be a start (a clean sheet would be even better).

Steve Black on 12:40 - Aug 28 with 3161 viewsLadbrokeGrover

Steve Black on 12:17 - Aug 28 by WestbourneR

Cycling and football are not comparable.

We win and we lose irrespective of Steve Black.

When we were promoted under Warnock, as champions, he wasn't at the club.

I think they are comparable within this discussion. They are both competitive sports using top athletes in their professions (SWP excluded).

I'm not saying this Steve Black fella is all he's cracked up to be by Joey and Harry. All I'm saying is there is prof that sports psychologists can improve performances in top level sport.

Just saying....
Steve Black on 13:06 - Aug 28 with 3108 viewsTacticalR

When he was interviewed in June, everyone agreed he was wonderful...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/35255/qprs-secret-j

Air hostess clique

Steve Black on 13:20 - Aug 28 with 3068 viewsSpiritofGregory

Steve Black on 12:40 - Aug 28 by LadbrokeGrover

I think they are comparable within this discussion. They are both competitive sports using top athletes in their professions (SWP excluded).

I'm not saying this Steve Black fella is all he's cracked up to be by Joey and Harry. All I'm saying is there is prof that sports psychologists can improve performances in top level sport.

Just saying....

They are not because our players are guaranteed huge sums of money even when they don't perform.

Take SWP for instance even though he has been shit for years, he will probably be offered a lucrative contract in the American League.

In football players are pampered and are wealthy from an early age without even playing for a top club. In other sports individuals have to find sponsors, have a job to finance their career etc to stand a chance of competing in sports with less openings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024