Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. 08:14 - Sep 4 with 1372 viewslifelong

Okay, he says a few c.nts here and there and he tells some to f.ck off, but so does Nev on the Call Centre.

The site needs good moderators and Darran is the man, he should be re-instated as soon as possible, in my humble opinion.
The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 08:33 - Sep 4 with 1350 viewsMrSwerve

He probably is still a mod under the 'support' user...anything to stop people moaning about seeing his username next to the moderators section. Not that I care either way mind, I thought he was fine. All of the ex-mods can probably log in as support.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 8:35]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 08:38 - Sep 4 with 1331 viewsTheFranchise

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 08:33 - Sep 4 by MrSwerve

He probably is still a mod under the 'support' user...anything to stop people moaning about seeing his username next to the moderators section. Not that I care either way mind, I thought he was fine. All of the ex-mods can probably log in as support.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 8:35]

"Support" is a network moderator, they support all fansnetwork forums. It'snot someone local to this site.
The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 08:39 - Sep 4 with 1327 viewsWarwickHunt

F*ck him.
The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 08:43 - Sep 4 with 1313 viewsmonmouth

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 08:39 - Sep 4 by WarwickHunt

F*ck him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 08:58 - Sep 4 with 1279 viewsMrSwerve

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 08:38 - Sep 4 by TheFranchise

"Support" is a network moderator, they support all fansnetwork forums. It'snot someone local to this site.

Fair enough.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 09:16 - Sep 4 with 1243 viewsperchrockjack

no , we need people to post abuse for the sake of it..

chrsiy should be the owner ,chief mod and janitor of this site

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 09:39 - Sep 4 with 1207 viewsShaky

Failing that maybe MCFCLenny and that other Citeh fan could be persuaded to come back and build on their somewhat brief but nevertheless highly successful initial stint.

Certainly nobody could really argue they set the gold standard for supporters of the hands off laissez faire school of moderation like me.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 09:55 - Sep 4 with 1182 viewsItchySphincter

He should have never been made to feel like he had to step down by the bullies. What are we left with now? The subtle trolls causing havoc with no one to clean up the mess. They should have stuck to the rules but no. I hope they're happy now.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:06 - Sep 4 with 1156 viewsperchrockjack

If you have people on here feeling they can post anything they want then you have trouble ,real trouble.

There s a reason why sites like these have terms and reason why mods ensure they stick to them.

This is not a threat PS , ITS HOW IT IS and we need to take a step back from this and get back to basics and that means EVERYONE showing some self -respect and dignity.

We seen no commitment from any protagonists yet to keep this principle so IMO a simple...........post that again and you re banned for good would do for me..

It would have saved all this had this been done midseason last year when this was happened.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:15 - Sep 4 with 1137 viewsCatullus

Maybe the mods need to be anonymous? They can post under their user names but mod powers are under a generic name (I.E Mod 1) with any complaints directed to Phil.

At least then mods can use their powers without anything turning personal. Downside being Mr Sumbler has to keep more of an eye on the site and possibly deal with more complaints.
Unless he nominated a chief Mod who was only responsible for moderating the mods and not the site!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:19 - Sep 4 with 1123 viewsmagicdaps10

Darren is a entertaining poster but surely not someone who should be a mod.

Dont think you can tolerate having a moderator swearing and especially the usual f**k him comment, not acceptable from any poster especially a mod.

I think he will be happy as time moves on that he is no longer a mod and other posters will be happy................leave it as it is i say.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:21 - Sep 4 with 1116 viewsBaker

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 09:55 - Sep 4 by ItchySphincter

He should have never been made to feel like he had to step down by the bullies. What are we left with now? The subtle trolls causing havoc with no one to clean up the mess. They should have stuck to the rules but no. I hope they're happy now.

No one to clean up the mess

F*ck me, it'll probably be the best thing that's happened to this forum. There's so many established characters on here there's no reason why it can't be self-regulated.

ie. act the twát - and you get pulled by your peers for it. Anything libellous/racist - report it.

You just get one bloke lurking & popping in every now & then to mop up the spam and the reported stuff.

Can't see the need for a bloke with a sh*t taste in music that suffers with tourette's, rubbing people up the wrong way personally.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:31 - Sep 4 with 1092 viewsItchySphincter

Yeah, um, I wasn't being entirely serious. I thought Darran and the others did a pretty tidy job though. The last thing we need is saddos going around critiquing grammar or writing essays when a couple of lines will do. Plus, his style coupled with that of ECB or Winston always stimulates entertaining debate, unless you're precious of course.

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:36 - Sep 4 with 1081 viewsBaker

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:31 - Sep 4 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, um, I wasn't being entirely serious. I thought Darran and the others did a pretty tidy job though. The last thing we need is saddos going around critiquing grammar or writing essays when a couple of lines will do. Plus, his style coupled with that of ECB or Winston always stimulates entertaining debate, unless you're precious of course.

They did to be fair, but darran's just too opinionated to be a mod imo.

I do like him as a poster but don't tell him I told you that.

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:44 - Sep 4 with 1065 views_

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:36 - Sep 4 by Baker

They did to be fair, but darran's just too opinionated to be a mod imo.

I do like him as a poster but don't tell him I told you that.

Darran doesn't need to be a Mod, he's completely the wrong character for the job. The other 3, in my opinion were and still are perfect.

You can't have someone who enjoys humiliating newcomers and foreign support or even someone destroying threads with comments like eff him. Also, the constant drivel between him, Jackfath and Oldjack for example are the more concerning worries for this site.

Most of the issues that people are complaining about stem down from moderation like this. It makes posters feel they can act in exactly the same manner.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:46 - Sep 4 with 1060 viewsBaker

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:44 - Sep 4 by _

Darran doesn't need to be a Mod, he's completely the wrong character for the job. The other 3, in my opinion were and still are perfect.

You can't have someone who enjoys humiliating newcomers and foreign support or even someone destroying threads with comments like eff him. Also, the constant drivel between him, Jackfath and Oldjack for example are the more concerning worries for this site.

Most of the issues that people are complaining about stem down from moderation like this. It makes posters feel they can act in exactly the same manner.

Difficult to disagree with any of that.

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:46 - Sep 4 with 1058 viewsC_jack

The funniest part of all this, is that it all started with Darran creating a thread 'laughing at agenda boys'

and now it's the biggest agenda boy of all who got his comeuppance.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 10:46]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 11:01 - Sep 4 with 1028 viewsItchySphincter

Surely it's just a ruse.

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 11:16 - Sep 4 with 1012 viewsCatullus

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 10:44 - Sep 4 by _

I going to agree with you!!

Maybe the self regulating idea is close. After all, myself and T2C had a spat, we abused the feck out of each other and then just carried on.

And to avoid this becoming a love in, T2C, you are an ass licking, donkey sh@gging excuse for a human being

PS, smiley included for those who are like me and don't always understand when someone is being/not being serious!!
PPS, I'm not...........being serious that is.
PPS, Darran, man up you giant Pussy
PPPS, see PS about the last smiley!!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 11:27 - Sep 4 with 993 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

The guy in my opinion has always come across as a d!ck who had more enjoyment raising his profile on a football message board (pretty pathetic to begin with) than actually adding anything constructive to topics or even starting any football related posts.

To coin his hysterical catchphrase "Fu*k him"

Poll: What would you rather see.....

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 11:37 - Sep 4 with 975 viewsCaptain_Sham

Is someone going to start a " get rid of Darran if hes is brought back" thread? Best to get going early. And then someone can do a " bring back Darran again, if he's got rid of, after he was brought back " thread. And so on.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 11:41]

Its just a ride.

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 11:43 - Sep 4 with 954 viewsCatullus

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 11:37 - Sep 4 by Captain_Sham

Is someone going to start a " get rid of Darran if hes is brought back" thread? Best to get going early. And then someone can do a " bring back Darran again, if he's got rid of, after he was brought back " thread. And so on.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 11:41]

Leave it out, leave it out (say in a mockney accent) Darrans awright nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean know what I mean!!

I like Darran, but as a poster. freed from the shackles of modship Darran can spread his wings and abuse all and sundry (within the rules obviously) and I hope he does, otherwise, f(_)ck him!!!!

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 12:01 - Sep 4 with 925 views_

The 'Bring Back Darran as Mod' thread. on 11:16 - Sep 4 by Catullus

I going to agree with you!!

Maybe the self regulating idea is close. After all, myself and T2C had a spat, we abused the feck out of each other and then just carried on.

And to avoid this becoming a love in, T2C, you are an ass licking, donkey sh@gging excuse for a human being

PS, smiley included for those who are like me and don't always understand when someone is being/not being serious!!
PPS, I'm not...........being serious that is.
PPS, Darran, man up you giant Pussy
PPPS, see PS about the last smiley!!

Love ya too man ;-)

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024