Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston 22:26 - Sep 8 with 5283 viewsWindyMiller

Interesting that MacSeasider on Fansonline said he thought this board was pro-Oyston. Clearly more have stayed on the old board but am wondering if the feeling this is a Pro-Oyston board is putting some off. Have read enough negative comments about the O's to know they're fair game on here but does anyone else think it smacks if being an Oystonite site?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2014 22:26]

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 09:57 - Sep 10 with 1027 viewsvoyeur

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 08:15 - Sep 10 by 20togo

"I will personally jump on anything that is anti-Riga, no qualms whatsoever."

And I will do the same with BSA. Get used to it.

I'completely used to it thanks. What you are not factoring in is that the majority of us see Riga as being heroically standing up to Oyston, and BSA as protecting Oyston in a limp wristed cowardly manner.

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:29 - Sep 10 with 1015 views20togo

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 09:57 - Sep 10 by voyeur

I'completely used to it thanks. What you are not factoring in is that the majority of us see Riga as being heroically standing up to Oyston, and BSA as protecting Oyston in a limp wristed cowardly manner.

Good point.

I'll look at it this way. You're basing everything on a person you've never met or spoken to whereas I've met Glenn and know him pretty well.

Think that gives me a strong advantage. Think that makes you pretty absurd with your cowardly comments. In fact it makes you the coward.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:33 - Sep 10 with 1009 viewsvoyeur

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:29 - Sep 10 by 20togo

Good point.

I'll look at it this way. You're basing everything on a person you've never met or spoken to whereas I've met Glenn and know him pretty well.

Think that gives me a strong advantage. Think that makes you pretty absurd with your cowardly comments. In fact it makes you the coward.

It's bsa that is the problem, it's not about one person, who I have spoken to by the way. He is the man in charge though, and his leadership isopen to question. I am not alone am I?

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:42 - Sep 10 with 1006 viewsMephistopheles

I'm really struggling to see how Riga can be judged, apportioned any blame etc. after all we've been through with this same Chairman.

Countless managers, players, staff, contractors all with issues and murky endings to their tenures and yet we can still ask the question of other's actions?? I'm stunned!
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:51 - Sep 10 with 1005 viewsstraightatthewall

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:42 - Sep 10 by Mephistopheles

I'm really struggling to see how Riga can be judged, apportioned any blame etc. after all we've been through with this same Chairman.

Countless managers, players, staff, contractors all with issues and murky endings to their tenures and yet we can still ask the question of other's actions?? I'm stunned!

Completely agree Meph.

Unless Riga starts a game with 9 players and adopts a 0-0-9 formation then he'll get my backing, because it's absurd to ask a manager to adopt a 'normal' approach when everything around him is abnormal.

The other board is aggresively anti-Oyston. I agree. But that's possibly because there is only one important issue at the club right now and that is the complete and deliberate mis-management of the club by Karl and Owen Oyston. So on that basis, why shouldn't EVERYONE be agressively anti-Oyston? I want the best for my football club and they are showing that they are the polar opposite of that. I have to be anti them until they show me through actions NOT WORDS that they are putting football first in a real and obvious way.

That doesn't have to mean we're winning trophies or battling for promotion to the Premier League, but it does mean decisions are made that are well thought through and with the aim of the club growing and progressing in the short, mid and long term. A club where the only ambition is to stay exactly where it is, is dead in the water. As we're finding out right now.

If you're not against them in every way then you perpetuate the status quo and faciliate (albeit unwittingly) the decline of the club. None of us want that. Do we?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 18:53 - Sep 10 with 978 views20togo

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:42 - Sep 10 by Mephistopheles

Meph

Just to make it clear, I'm not attaching any blame to Riga.

I'm simply saying the Oystons are the problem. Not BSA, not the fans not BST.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 09:13 - Sep 11 with 953 viewsbig_bloomers

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 18:53 - Sep 10 by 20togo

Meph

Extraordinary the blame some people have attached on BSA, BST, Gazette, Will Watt, Radio Lancashire - even a post on the old board blaming BRR! Some fans do need to get some perspective!

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:09 - Sep 11 with 949 viewsMephistopheles

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 18:53 - Sep 10 by 20togo

Meph

20s I didn't have your post in mind
Login to get fewer ads

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 11:54 - Sep 11 with 937 viewsWizaard

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 10:09 - Sep 11 by Mephistopheles

20s I didn't have your post in mind

In the mono channel that is the other board, if it's not about Karl, it's shouted down. That's unhealthy, IMO.

Re Riga, of course he's having to deal with a ridiculous situation, all of the Chairman's doing.

What I've said is that I think he missed an opportunity to deal with a real football issue we have in terms of how he wants us to play. That's for him to set, not his meagre staff.

The problem is that people have completely forgotten there's a football team at the heart of all this and made it completely into a political situation whereby Riga is infallible and Karl evil personified.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 13:22 - Sep 11 with 920 viewsvoyeur

"...whereby Riga is infallible and Karl evil personified."

Actually though, Wiz, that;'s not far from the truth is it? The words infallible and evil need modifying a bit, but not by very much.

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 13:54 - Sep 11 with 917 views20togo

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 13:22 - Sep 11 by voyeur

"...whereby Riga is infallible and Karl evil personified."

Actually though, Wiz, that;'s not far from the truth is it? The words infallible and evil need modifying a bit, but not by very much.

a serious question with no agenda and I have no idea as to the true situation.

Why did Riga not stay at Charlton? It made no sense for him to either leave or for Charlton to let him go?
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 14:37 - Sep 11 with 912 viewsvoyeur

Serious question. Is this the beginning of your defence of BSA's defence of Oyston sacking Riga?

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 16:13 - Sep 11 with 903 viewsLytham_FY8

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 13:54 - Sep 11 by 20togo

a serious question with no agenda and I have no idea as to the true situation.

Why did Riga not stay at Charlton? It made no sense for him to either leave or for Charlton to let him go?

It's been explained over and over and over again, he fell out with the chairman because he wanted to use it as a feeder club, same as Powell did.

This is classic 2+2=5

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 16:38 - Sep 11 with 897 viewsWizaard

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 16:13 - Sep 11 by Lytham_FY8

It's been explained over and over and over again, he fell out with the chairman because he wanted to use it as a feeder club, same as Powell did.

This is classic 2+2=5

Just to clarify my position on this.

Karl has utterly failed to support a new manager who seemingly is well placed to actually progress the football club. I like the way he gets the team to play. There is no defence of anything Karl has done this summer.

However, in my opinion, Riga missed a trick by going home for a week. The fortnight was our opportunity to get the strategic side right, soemthing that we've not been able to do. For that reason, he's not above criticism for that aspect.

That isn't a defence of Karl, it's looking at what Riga might have done differently.

In an ideal world, he would remain, get his players in and we'd be OK. In the real world, for reasons we don't fully know, he and Oyston are completely at odds, and the only way forward is for him to leave.

For that reason, I can understand Oyston seeking to get another man lined up, as one failing in the past has been nothing in place when the end has come for previous incumbents. Obviously, it's ethically poor, but equally, we're in enough doo doo without not having a man lined up as and when Riga goes.

Oyston will have half an eye on Riga resigning as a result of his machinations, but it seems to me that Riga has seen through that and is fully aware that he's better off (financially and in terms of moral high ground) sitting tight.

Oyston will find someone willing to take on the job, and Riga will be fired.

Unpalatable, but that's what will happen. If anyone thinks protesting will drive them out, I really think they're under-estimating Karl's capacity for sticking this out. He'll be taking the view that a few wins will see everything right, rightly or wrongly.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:23 - Sep 11 with 882 views20togo

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 16:13 - Sep 11 by Lytham_FY8

This is classic 2+2=5

Lytham

I thought hed said that the English Championship was a stronger league that the one he was comparing it to and that the feeder club should be the other way round. ie theoverseas club should be the feeder club for Charlton.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:41 - Sep 11 with 841 viewsstraightatthewall

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 16:38 - Sep 11 by Wizaard

Just to clarify my position on this.

Karl has utterly failed to support a new manager who seemingly is well placed to actually progress the football club. I like the way he gets the team to play. There is no defence of anything Karl has done this summer.

However, in my opinion, Riga missed a trick by going home for a week. The fortnight was our opportunity to get the strategic side right, soemthing that we've not been able to do. For that reason, he's not above criticism for that aspect.

That isn't a defence of Karl, it's looking at what Riga might have done differently.

In an ideal world, he would remain, get his players in and we'd be OK. In the real world, for reasons we don't fully know, he and Oyston are completely at odds, and the only way forward is for him to leave.

For that reason, I can understand Oyston seeking to get another man lined up, as one failing in the past has been nothing in place when the end has come for previous incumbents. Obviously, it's ethically poor, but equally, we're in enough doo doo without not having a man lined up as and when Riga goes.

Oyston will have half an eye on Riga resigning as a result of his machinations, but it seems to me that Riga has seen through that and is fully aware that he's better off (financially and in terms of moral high ground) sitting tight.

Oyston will find someone willing to take on the job, and Riga will be fired.

Unpalatable, but that's what will happen. If anyone thinks protesting will drive them out, I really think they're under-estimating Karl's capacity for sticking this out. He'll be taking the view that a few wins will see everything right, rightly or wrongly.

Wiz,

by the same token, had we won even 2 out of the 6 games and Riga had gone on holiday it wouldn't have caused the remotest hint of interest or comment. It's a total none story and one that needs to be ignored at all costs.

You're talking about getting the strategic side right, but forgetting the obvious issue of the personnel being a complete dogs breakfast of a squad that truly is made up of flotsam and jetsam. If a chef has been asked to make beef wellington and is given a dog turd, plastic and a cats tongue as ingredients, then its time to say 'i'm not making it with that.' The manager can't do his job until the chairman does his. It's THAT simple and anything that deviates from that equation or suggests there's another way is false and damaging to the long term state of the club.

I know you'll never be able to do this, but for the moment the football IS secondary. That's a hard thing to accept, but unfortunately its true. Trying to focus on it and muddle through when there's no serious attempt to do the same by those who are tasked with making the club better is a foolish undertaking I'm afraid.

UTMP

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 21:01 - Sep 11 with 834 viewsWizaard

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:41 - Sep 11 by straightatthewall

Wiz,

by the same token, had we won even 2 out of the 6 games and Riga had gone on holiday it wouldn't have caused the remotest hint of interest or comment. It's a total none story and one that needs to be ignored at all costs.

You're talking about getting the strategic side right, but forgetting the obvious issue of the personnel being a complete dogs breakfast of a squad that truly is made up of flotsam and jetsam. If a chef has been asked to make beef wellington and is given a dog turd, plastic and a cats tongue as ingredients, then its time to say 'i'm not making it with that.' The manager can't do his job until the chairman does his. It's THAT simple and anything that deviates from that equation or suggests there's another way is false and damaging to the long term state of the club.

I know you'll never be able to do this, but for the moment the football IS secondary. That's a hard thing to accept, but unfortunately its true. Trying to focus on it and muddle through when there's no serious attempt to do the same by those who are tasked with making the club better is a foolish undertaking I'm afraid.

UTMP

And that's why I made it clear that Oyston has utterly failed to support his manager, from the moment he appointed him.

I don't agree that the football is secondary. Without that, there is nothing.

Managers, players even Chairmen come and go, but while there is a team to support, people will turn out to watch and invest time, money and emotion into an intangible concept. That's why we all think we know what's best and get so fraught about it all.

Having said that, for me the politics need to stop between three and five on Saturday as that's the most important thing.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 21:09 - Sep 11 with 828 viewsstraightatthewall

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 21:01 - Sep 11 by Wizaard

And that's why I made it clear that Oyston has utterly failed to support his manager, from the moment he appointed him.

I don't agree that the football is secondary. Without that, there is nothing.

Managers, players even Chairmen come and go, but while there is a team to support, people will turn out to watch and invest time, money and emotion into an intangible concept. That's why we all think we know what's best and get so fraught about it all.

Having said that, for me the politics need to stop between three and five on Saturday as that's the most important thing.

The politics can't stop, because it's now 'bigger than the club'. It's the single biggest factor in how the football will go. Willing it to be better, willing the players to play better and willing the manager to work miracles are just the straws at which the desperate clutch.

And believe me, I don't want it to be like this. I'm not revelling in the fact that I've pretty much got everything right about how this would turn out from the start. It all stinks. It's disgusting and leaves me bitter, angry and consumed by frustration that we can't remove the cancer and get back to concentrating on football.

The absurdity of this whole thing, is the fact that a manager can't be judged remotely on anything, because we all know that to try and quantify his achievements is a pointless task. Oh, to be able to slag off a manager without ever thinking 'yeah, but.....'

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 12:06 - Sep 12 with 788 viewsWizaard

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 21:09 - Sep 11 by straightatthewall

The politics can't stop, because it's now 'bigger than the club'. It's the single biggest factor in how the football will go. Willing it to be better, willing the players to play better and willing the manager to work miracles are just the straws at which the desperate clutch.

And believe me, I don't want it to be like this. I'm not revelling in the fact that I've pretty much got everything right about how this would turn out from the start. It all stinks. It's disgusting and leaves me bitter, angry and consumed by frustration that we can't remove the cancer and get back to concentrating on football.

The absurdity of this whole thing, is the fact that a manager can't be judged remotely on anything, because we all know that to try and quantify his achievements is a pointless task. Oh, to be able to slag off a manager without ever thinking 'yeah, but.....'

From Riga's perspective, and indeed, his replacement are on a hiding to nothing, and yet at the same time, they can;t lose because everyone in football knows they'll be completely hamstrung by the Chairman. As such, they've got a free pass. Fail, and it's expected. Succeed and they've done it in spite of the Chairman.

Win, win as far as the CV goes.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:16 - Sep 26 with 751 views1953Original

I have begun increasingly despondent over the anti-O posts on the other site - there must be other fans like me who are not keen on the O's but just really are interested in the football?!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:20 - Sep 26 with 745 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm sure you're not alone Original. Come and have a seat in Sanity Corner.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:23 - Sep 26 with 741 viewsWizaard

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:16 - Sep 26 by 1953Original

I have begun increasingly despondent over the anti-O posts on the other site - there must be other fans like me who are not keen on the O's but just really are interested in the football?!

Think that covers the vast majority of those who go to games, to be honest.
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:28 - Sep 26 with 738 viewsOsbourne

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:16 - Sep 26 by 1953Original

Karl

Make of that what you will.

Why not more posters on here?
Ans : The Sun newspaper sells about 6 million copies per day. Proper newspapers sell well less than a million, some well well less. 6 million men want to look at a pair of tits!

This site is the 'Rolls Royce' site. Why the traffic is light sometimes I just cannot understand. Change, that is the problem. More will be over soon. Where is Spider? He has gone back to wind the other site up again!!
Old site This site!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 19:29]
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:32 - Sep 26 with 716 viewshertfordseasider

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 19:28 - Sep 26 by Osbourne

Karl

Make of that what you will.

Why not more posters on here?
Ans : The Sun newspaper sells about 6 million copies per day. Proper newspapers sell well less than a million, some well well less. 6 million men want to look at a pair of tits!

This site is the 'Rolls Royce' site. Why the traffic is light sometimes I just cannot understand. Change, that is the problem. More will be over soon. Where is Spider? He has gone back to wind the other site up again!!
Old site This site!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2014 19:29]

Not again!!!
Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:37 - Sep 26 with 711 viewsOsbourne

Do you think this message board is pro-Oyston on 20:32 - Sep 26 by hertfordseasider

Not again!!!

At least you are having a look, hertfordseasider!!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024