Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so, where are we really? 13:25 - Sep 11 with 5029 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I doubt anyone would argue with the assertion that the period since the end of last season has been as dismaying, and as surreal, as any that most of us will remember for supporters of Blackpool FC.

The black farce shows no sign of ending soon either, if the events - or nonevents - of this week are anything to go by. All you can say at the end of it is that the manager remains as stubborn as ever, and the chairman as seemingly impotent and indecisive as he has ever been in all his time at the club.

People are naturally upset and angry about all this. We all want the club to do well, and I've got into hot water in the past for saying that I want the chairman to succeed. My argument is that as all of us who follow the club have a vested interest in him doing that aspect of his job well.

The pity of it is , is that there are some things about his stewardship that I DO like. His refusal to pay agents who often do more to obstruct deals than promote them is admirable. His unwillingness to spend large amounts of money on transfer fees when other ways of recruiting are available is, to my mind, eminently sensible.

There is, however, a big "but". The inability or unwillingness to communicate with supporters has reached a truly baffling pitch now ; this week I've heard two strong rumours about new managers set to arrive at the club, only for nothing to happen - and no explanation to be forthcoming.

It is this last saga that has most disappointed me. Quite apart from the obvious risk of being guilty of constructive dismissal, openly touting for a new man whilst the current one is in situ is unprofessional and discourteous to an extraordinary degree. None of us know for certain what has caused the relationship between KO and JR to deteriorate to such a level ; but the truth is that only they can do something about it, and do something they must if we are to get away from the foot of the table and out of the mess we are in.

This becomes all the more important when you consider that the season has barely started and it is still well within our grasp to catch up to others in the bottom half. Two home wins in the next few days would go a long way to getting us back in contention, and we can only hope that two weeks of fitness work will help the players to deliver them. But it needs a common focus from everyone from the chairman down on winning football matches against what will be confident opponents.

Procrastination is often said to be the thief of time. It will also rob us of a status we waited 29 long years to get back if the people at the top of the club don't start pulling in the same direction now. And as the chairman, I think the onus is with KO to decide NOW whether JR is part of the team or not, and be clear with us all one way or the other.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2014 15:44]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

so, where are we really? on 08:06 - Sep 12 with 885 viewsThames

so, where are we really? on 23:38 - Sep 11 by basilrobbiereborn

Thames

when you're on a rolling contract, you want to get paid off, if and when the time does come to go. So walking of your own accord isn't really a great option, financially speaking.

I don't blame him in the slightest.

Robbie, I asked the question with the consideration that he has not outwardly changed his behaviour at all since his first week at the club

Are you inferring he has wanted to be paid off since the moment he arrived?
so, where are we really? on 08:36 - Sep 12 with 878 viewsjanegallagher

Would love to know what Oyston did promise Riga at his interview.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

so, where are we really? on 08:51 - Sep 12 with 874 viewsbfcpete

so, where are we really? on 01:47 - Sep 12 by seasider13

Good OP robbie, i agree with most of it,

The in house bickering has to stop, this is heading for our third fallow season and we cant keep blaming the manager, its time for CEO to take a long hard look at his policys.

Without some V.B. type input we are failling as a Club in most departments.

If JR goes (very likely) then KO will be on manager number 7 in just 2 years. That speaks volumes about KO and the current spat with Riga is really just the tip of the iceberg.
I too have wished that JR had communicated more but I suspect he has been advised not to as it would inevitably stray into the issues around the broken promises / lack of support from KO / growing dispute with KO. That has not stopped KO mouthing off some absolute nonsense in the media and acting in a way that a lawyer for JR would have field day in relation to compensation claims.
And the depressing thing is that if KO appoints another manager the whole cycle will repeat itself again fairly quickly. KO is the problem and it is a pity that OO does not realise that and do somthing about it.
so, where are we really? on 09:12 - Sep 12 with 868 viewsLytham_FY8

Don't be suprised if Joffrey is 'moved on'.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

so, where are we really? on 10:25 - Sep 12 with 843 viewsvoyeur

Don't forget that there is always fault on both sides, and KO is doing his best to get the club back on track and fighting to stay in this division.

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

so, where are we really? on 11:58 - Sep 12 with 821 viewsstraightatthewall

Thames,

that's the key point and the one that destroys any type of argument that says Riga is a willing party in the creation of the farce.

He's reacted to what has been put in front of him, but that's about self preservation, which is totally different. To put any sort of emphasis on Riga in this is to imply that he arrived at the club and immediately started to want a pay off. Which is beyond comprehension in anyones world. He certainly didn't seem to alienate his good friend Bart de Roover, who worked for 3 months unpaid. I suspect BDR would have been a little less complimentary had his mate got him over, worked him for 3 months for nowt, all in the cause of JR getting 12 months moola.

In answer to the OP, we're desperately in the mire. The brown stuff. The cape of no hope without a boat.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

so, where are we really? on 12:08 - Sep 12 with 819 viewsWizaard

so, where are we really? on 11:58 - Sep 12 by straightatthewall

Thames,

that's the key point and the one that destroys any type of argument that says Riga is a willing party in the creation of the farce.

He's reacted to what has been put in front of him, but that's about self preservation, which is totally different. To put any sort of emphasis on Riga in this is to imply that he arrived at the club and immediately started to want a pay off. Which is beyond comprehension in anyones world. He certainly didn't seem to alienate his good friend Bart de Roover, who worked for 3 months unpaid. I suspect BDR would have been a little less complimentary had his mate got him over, worked him for 3 months for nowt, all in the cause of JR getting 12 months moola.

In answer to the OP, we're desperately in the mire. The brown stuff. The cape of no hope without a boat.

I don't think that anyone is saying Riga is a party to anything. However, he's now at the stage where it doesn't pay, literally, to walk away, and no-one blames him for sticking around awaiting the sack.
so, where are we really? on 13:46 - Sep 12 with 799 viewsstraightatthewall

so, where are we really? on 12:08 - Sep 12 by Wizaard

I don't think that anyone is saying Riga is a party to anything. However, he's now at the stage where it doesn't pay, literally, to walk away, and no-one blames him for sticking around awaiting the sack.

Wiz,

people have questioned Riga. We all know he's sticking around for himself. I don't blame him. What I cannot let happen, is for the issue to become about Riga rather than about Karl. Hence why I'm a rather boring poster these days rather than the irresistable force I once was......

Login to get fewer ads

so, where are we really? on 14:29 - Sep 12 with 790 viewsPoolman

so, where are we really? on 13:46 - Sep 12 by straightatthewall

Wiz,

people have questioned Riga. We all know he's sticking around for himself. I don't blame him. What I cannot let happen, is for the issue to become about Riga rather than about Karl. Hence why I'm a rather boring poster these days rather than the irresistable force I once was......

"What I cannot let happen, is for the issue to become about Riga rather than about Karl."

All Riga can do is win games with the squad he's assembled and tomorrow would be a good start.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

so, where are we really? on 14:35 - Sep 12 with 787 views20togo

Wiz,

"Hence why I'm a rather boring poster these days rather than the irresistable force I once was...... "

Nail on head straiters.
so, where are we really? on 18:50 - Sep 12 with 758 viewsWizaard

Wiz,

It is about Oyston but the bottom line is he's going nowhere whereas Riga is on borrowed time.
so, where are we really? on 19:11 - Sep 12 with 752 viewsGrayth

"The reason I picked out communications is that I think the lack of it - or the contradictory nature of it - is what causes most anger."

If he was to communicate with any honesty, he'd say "I am aiming to extract every penny I possibly can from this football club." His biggest fault isn't a lack of communication. Everything he says and does is to the detriment of the club. It's wrong.
so, where are we really? on 02:47 - Sep 13 with 707 viewsdaveclayt

Communication! Ha!

You really are so utterly gullible. It's embarrassing beyond words. Just admit you're wrong. A lot of us were at one time. It's fine.
so, where are we really? on 07:43 - Sep 13 with 694 viewsstraightatthewall

so, where are we really? on 14:35 - Sep 12 by 20togo

"Hence why I'm a rather boring poster these days rather than the irresistable force I once was...... "

Nail on head straiters.

20's,

the difference between us, is that i can accept that remark, rather than spending the next day and a half denying it.....

so, where are we really? on 08:23 - Sep 13 with 692 views20togo

so, where are we really? on 07:43 - Sep 13 by straightatthewall

20's,

the difference between us, is that i can accept that remark, rather than spending the next day and a half denying it.....

Being assumptive there methinks.

Anyway you can say that straiters but it's not the only difference is it? It's not even the big difference is it?

So wnat exactly do you want me to deny? That I defend my son and BSA against the abuse and criticism that comes his and their way? Why would I deny that?
so, where are we really? on 08:37 - Sep 13 with 662 viewsLytham_FY8

Both boards, brilliant, there should be a 20s sub section where you can just argue with yourself.

Away you go again......

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

so, where are we really? on 08:47 - Sep 13 with 658 views20togo

so, where are we really? on 08:37 - Sep 13 by Lytham_FY8

Both boards, brilliant, there should be a 20s sub section where you can just argue with yourself.

Away you go again......

nah, it's straiters that has multiple usernames.

I just stand my corner Lytham, always have done always will do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024