Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end 18:57 - Sep 13 with 758 views1953Original

If Karl and Riga end up shaking hands putting the disastrous start to the relationship behind them and agree to move forward then I feel all action against the O's (including the demo at Cardiff should end). Today proved that once behind the team and the manager that the fans can still be the 12th man. Karl's actions shouldn't be forgotten but should be forgiven and let's all move on under Riga and see what we can achieve.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 19:32 - Sep 13 with 730 viewssteve_g

Can't see this getting the most Popular Post of the Week competition - indeed if you were on the old site you'd be burnt at the stake. Crucial thing for me now is how KO and Riga approach the next few days. I would like nothing more than the two of them to come out having agreed a way forward, putting a plan in place for the club and talking about bringing in the 2 or 3 players that we need.

IF that happens then all our energies should be challenged in to following the side. If by the time we get to the Cardiff game we've a couple of wins under our belt I see little point in doing anything other than supporting the team. The O's will always be unpopular - they were when Ollie was in charge - the important thing, for me, is to make sure we get out of trouble, build on what we have and make sure we never return to these dark days again.

With KO in charge that is unlikely but I hope he appreciated from the way fans supported Riga today that the one thing he has got is appointing a manager the majority of fans are behind.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 19:39 - Sep 13 with 724 viewsWindyMiller

If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 19:32 - Sep 13 by steve_g

Can't see this getting the most Popular Post of the Week competition - indeed if you were on the old site you'd be burnt at the stake. Crucial thing for me now is how KO and Riga approach the next few days. I would like nothing more than the two of them to come out having agreed a way forward, putting a plan in place for the club and talking about bringing in the 2 or 3 players that we need.

IF that happens then all our energies should be challenged in to following the side. If by the time we get to the Cardiff game we've a couple of wins under our belt I see little point in doing anything other than supporting the team. The O's will always be unpopular - they were when Ollie was in charge - the important thing, for me, is to make sure we get out of trouble, build on what we have and make sure we never return to these dark days again.

With KO in charge that is unlikely but I hope he appreciated from the way fans supported Riga today that the one thing he has got is appointing a manager the majority of fans are behind.

The O's will always be the O's - a leopard never changes it's spots. You can but hope that Riga is feeding him a large slice of humble pie at some point this weekend. There'll never be a trust or confidence there which sadly means long term it's not a relationship, in my opinion, can last.

Whether they kiss and make up remains to be seen but as with any sport it's a results business and the ill feeling towards the O's may be slightly less than it was with a point today (of course all that can change in the next 72 hours).

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 19:50 - Sep 13 with 714 viewsBigbrother

I think if you ask the majority of people what they want it's to enjoy a game on a Saturday afternoon and the politics etc are the last thing they need or want.

My hope is that KO will one day realise that he has gone too far - and his antics of the last few months have been reprehensible - even if Riga was to get us in to the Play Offs I think he's lost a huge section of support for ever and they all demonstrate that by never returning. Hostilities in the ground are one thing but the silent majority never returning is the real story.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 19:52 - Sep 13 with 713 viewshackneyseasider

If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 19:39 - Sep 13 by WindyMiller

The O's will always be the O's - a leopard never changes it's spots. You can but hope that Riga is feeding him a large slice of humble pie at some point this weekend. There'll never be a trust or confidence there which sadly means long term it's not a relationship, in my opinion, can last.

Whether they kiss and make up remains to be seen but as with any sport it's a results business and the ill feeling towards the O's may be slightly less than it was with a point today (of course all that can change in the next 72 hours).

Never forgiven. KOKO is clueless, hopeless and through his avarice and incompetence has held us back for the last 3 years and has completely undermined this seasons preparations. He can't get anything right and needs to go.

Riga, on the other hand, has impressed me this week and the team , such that it is, is behind him. so are the fans.
If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 20:01 - Sep 13 with 698 viewsTejas

Karl Oyston will need to do a little bit more than that to be honest. He needs to back Riga properly, as we thought he was going to! And he needs to show some interest in the long term infrastructure of the club. I can only see the hold up to the development of the training ground as pig headed stubbornness, bordering on spite. The real joke is that for the vast majority of fans (he will never satisfy some) he wouldn't need to do much at all. The fact that he's not prepared to bend one inch speaks volumes. It would be nice to see an end to all this angst - but I think he's taken it to a new level with his recent behaviours and the more it goes on the more he will have to do to repair things. Which we all know is highly unlikely!
If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 20:14 - Sep 13 with 685 viewsclarkestattoo

If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 20:01 - Sep 13 by Tejas

Karl Oyston will need to do a little bit more than that to be honest. He needs to back Riga properly, as we thought he was going to! And he needs to show some interest in the long term infrastructure of the club. I can only see the hold up to the development of the training ground as pig headed stubbornness, bordering on spite. The real joke is that for the vast majority of fans (he will never satisfy some) he wouldn't need to do much at all. The fact that he's not prepared to bend one inch speaks volumes. It would be nice to see an end to all this angst - but I think he's taken it to a new level with his recent behaviours and the more it goes on the more he will have to do to repair things. Which we all know is highly unlikely!

I would agree that Karl needs to go but he won't and so I am turning my emotions in to a positive rather than a negative and supporting Riga in whichever way I can - from chanting to having his name put on my shirt when I'm next at the ground. If KO gets rid then I think that's me done with this club. He is our one hope of moving forward.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 20:20 - Sep 13 with 681 viewsTwoPhillips

I think the majority will never forget how bad KOKO has been during the last few months - from selling McGahey, to the 8 man squad, to not talking to Riga, to sending threatening letters to fans, to a media black out, to taking the piss out of Riga's assistant - he has made himself a laughing stock and the sooner he goes the better.

THAT SAID today was a good combination of Anti O chants and supporting Riga chants - I'd like Tuesday to be all about supporting Riga and the team and as today a massive Oyston Out at the end.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

If Riga stays then hostilities to the O's should end on 08:25 - Sep 14 with 373 viewswespens

Many have made their mind up about KO and that will never change. All you can hope is that he starts making decisions for the club rather than his own narrow minded agenda.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024