Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. 12:29 - Sep 22 with 980 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

…. over the way in which the team travelled to Brighton at the weekend. Granted, it might have been easier to fly to Gatwick, but these days train travel to London is quick and relatively easy, and I'm sure that the players could manage the four or five stops on the Victoria line without too many problems. Who knows, it might give them all a much needed insight into what their travelling support do every other week in order to follow them.

Having said that, I wouldn't advocate a pre-match warm up that involves the amount of beer some of the reprobates from South Shore got through on Saturday lunch-time.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 12:48 - Sep 22 with 962 viewsWizaard

As you say, we got on a train in Doncaster at 8.32 and were in Brighton station before 12.00 despite having a tube diversion via Victoria station and then actually catching the train from London Bridge.

Not the longest journey we'll make this season by any stretch of the imagination.

Those who travelled by coach (which was their other option) would have been far greater inconvenienced as the Highways Agency is determined to make every inch of the motorway network average speed camera controlled at 50mph.
I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 13:01 - Sep 22 with 946 viewsThames

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 12:48 - Sep 22 by Wizaard

As you say, we got on a train in Doncaster at 8.32 and were in Brighton station before 12.00 despite having a tube diversion via Victoria station and then actually catching the train from London Bridge.

Not the longest journey we'll make this season by any stretch of the imagination.

Those who travelled by coach (which was their other option) would have been far greater inconvenienced as the Highways Agency is determined to make every inch of the motorway network average speed camera controlled at 50mph.

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 13:12 - Sep 22 with 933 viewsFountain

Train is the best way, no doubt about that, but it does need to be booked in advance.

It's not as if we haven't travelled on that particular train before- we have so there's no element of a change in routine instigated late by the Manager, just the normal 12.58 from Preston arr 14.13.

Irony is had they booked it in June, or when the TV fixtures came out they would have been able to buy cheaper tickets and reserve a whole carriage.

slap me on the patio

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 15:55 - Sep 22 with 853 viewsTwoPhillips

They're footballers not royalty! Makes me alugh when they complain about having to wash their kits .. surprised they don't want someone to wipe their backsides whilst they're at it!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 15:57 - Sep 22 with 852 viewsbfccarpetfitter

Do the players and management get the train from preston,because the players coach passed me on the m55 friday morning around 10.30.

I am about as welcome as a fart in an astronaughts suit.

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 16:46 - Sep 22 with 827 viewsWizaard

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 15:57 - Sep 22 by bfccarpetfitter

Do the players and management get the train from preston,because the players coach passed me on the m55 friday morning around 10.30.

Getting on at Preston saves a change, so probably was them.

Have to agree with Fountain that advance booking is the way to go. We booked as soon as tickets went on sale and got there and back on Saturday for £48. Potentially it could go tits up if we're chosen for TV, but what's the chances of that?
I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 17:39 - Sep 22 with 804 viewsstraightatthewall

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 16:46 - Sep 22 by Wizaard

Getting on at Preston saves a change, so probably was them.

Have to agree with Fountain that advance booking is the way to go. We booked as soon as tickets went on sale and got there and back on Saturday for £48. Potentially it could go tits up if we're chosen for TV, but what's the chances of that?

It's all well and good, but last time I checked you lot weren't preparing to compete physically against other professional athletes for close on 100 mins the next day.

Seriously, I used to play football with a hangover. So does that mean it's ok for them to do it?

As always, the basic details underline the broader problem, with is a staggering lack of professionalism from the club. As Mr Fowler put it. There's simply no respect.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 17:52 - Sep 22 with 795 viewsFountain

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 15:57 - Sep 22 by bfccarpetfitter

If they were on the M55 at 10.30 then it's clear that the 1.00 was the one they were aiming for .... a light lunch and team brief somewhere before they arrived at the station.

Which makes it worse that we didn't know the 'mistake' until last minute.

You know Appleton said we were run day to day. HE WAS WRONG. Hour to hour in nearer the mark.

slap me on the patio

Login to get fewer ads

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 18:15 - Sep 22 with 783 viewshertfordseasider

I wonder how other Championship clubs sort out their travel arrangements? I don't think you can compare a professional, championship football club with a bunch of pi55ed up Billy Bumblers!!
I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 18:41 - Sep 22 with 764 viewsOldSkool

Baz & Wiz still just don't get it, do they?
The club can do NO wrong.
Brainwashed by the O's
I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 20:50 - Sep 22 with 719 viewswe_are_Superior

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 18:41 - Sep 22 by OldSkool

Baz & Wiz still just don't get it, do they?
The club can do NO wrong.
Brainwashed by the O's

Would the result have been any different? Somehow think not however it's interesting that League Two Bury are flying their players to Exeter. Comes down to would it have changed the result? Probably not. However on the other hand, when you have Robbie Fowler saying the Chairman has no respect for the players, where's the incentive for them to do well for the club?

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 09:01 - Sep 23 with 664 viewswespens

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 20:50 - Sep 22 by we_are_Superior

Would the result have been any different? Somehow think not however it's interesting that League Two Bury are flying their players to Exeter. Comes down to would it have changed the result? Probably not. However on the other hand, when you have Robbie Fowler saying the Chairman has no respect for the players, where's the incentive for them to do well for the club?

I genuinely think the years of shambolic treatment of players - washing kit, no hot water, training facilities, wage deals, summer payments etc etc is finally starting to take it's toll. Players talk and no one seems to have a good word to say about us - why we've brought in so many foreigners!

Don't expect a queue of decent PL loan signings because the fact is most would sooner sit and take a wage than slum it at Blackpool!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 09:29 - Sep 23 with 659 viewsseasider81

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 15:55 - Sep 22 by TwoPhillips

They're footballers not royalty! Makes me alugh when they complain about having to wash their kits .. surprised they don't want someone to wipe their backsides whilst they're at it!

Deary me. Do you not think we need to move on with the times though? I can just imagine players thinking, "I'll sign for Blackpool as I don't mind washing my own kit and training at a building site"
I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 09:47 - Sep 23 with 654 viewsWizaard

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 09:29 - Sep 23 by seasider81

Deary me. Do you not think we need to move on with the times though? I can just imagine players thinking, "I'll sign for Blackpool as I don't mind washing my own kit and training at a building site"

Do people really think we should fly to all away games?

What's wrong with train travel?

I'd like someone to explain why going on a train is bad for professional athletes.
I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 09:58 - Sep 23 with 648 viewsMephistopheles

Sounds like it was the best route though personally I haven't a clue if that's true! I also agree that flying everywhere isn't necessarily the answer. Some places are just an arse to get to and that's it.

What frustrated me though is yet another incident that alludes to the p**s poor management of a supposedly professional football club. To have the manager in the press yet again having to bring this up is utterly embarrassing and a sad indictment it would seem at where the priorities lie within the club.

Tinpot we remain
I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 10:07 - Sep 23 with 641 viewsTangent

I'm not really getting all this faux outrage….. on 09:47 - Sep 23 by Wizaard

Do people really think we should fly to all away games?

What's wrong with train travel?

I'd like someone to explain why going on a train is bad for professional athletes.

The method of travel isn't the point, what is however is the lack of professionalism that constantly rises to the surface when Blackpool Football club are involved. The club has had time since the fixtures and TV rights were announced to arrange "proper" travel arrangements for the manager and the team. In not doing so just highlights how the club is run by incompetents on a day to day basis.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 10:10]

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024