Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good/Bad way to treat players 23:43 - Sep 26 with 312 viewssteve_g

Just wondering what everyone thinks of this way of paying players. Personally I think until a player proves his worth and can justify a more permanent deal I agree with Karl Oyston. I realise those are words that you never thought you'd read on a Blackpool FC forum but I think he's got this spot on.

Mirror reporting Ranger on £150 a week and £2k appearance money and goals bonus (bet Karl loved the fact he missed that pen!)

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Good/Bad way to treat players on 23:48 - Sep 26 with 310 viewshertfordseasider

How many other Championship players at other clubs are on deals like this?

If it is true, and it may well not be, but if it were it tells you a lot about is recruitment skills and the standard of players we get. Is it actually possible for us to do a normal deal, like other clubs do? If it is true I think it explains exactly why we are in the position we find ourselves in now.
Good/Bad way to treat players on 23:59 - Sep 26 with 304 viewsbarbatus_gero

Good/Bad way to treat players on 23:48 - Sep 26 by hertfordseasider

How many other Championship players at other clubs are on deals like this?

If it is true, and it may well not be, but if it were it tells you a lot about is recruitment skills and the standard of players we get. Is it actually possible for us to do a normal deal, like other clubs do? If it is true I think it explains exactly why we are in the position we find ourselves in now.

If reporting is true then the deal for Ranger is a win ,win deal. He has a chequered past that doesn't merit a huge risky commitment from any club but the rewards are reasonable if he knuckles down and produces the goods. If he does well he will be able to command a much higher salary at the end of his contract. Pool have given him a platform and got a potential bargain with minimal outlay/risk.
Good/Bad way to treat players on 00:39 - Sep 27 with 293 viewsbfcpete

Good/Bad way to treat players on 23:59 - Sep 26 by barbatus_gero

If reporting is true then the deal for Ranger is a win ,win deal. He has a chequered past that doesn't merit a huge risky commitment from any club but the rewards are reasonable if he knuckles down and produces the goods. If he does well he will be able to command a much higher salary at the end of his contract. Pool have given him a platform and got a potential bargain with minimal outlay/risk.

This is interesting and not so straight forward.
Taking account of the fact that he was in a 'last chance saloon' as a player then his total package (say about £100k) is probably about right. And I was told by a football agent yesterday that the average total pay for a player in the 2 divisions below the championship (from where he came) is quite a bit less than that. Clearly, many other championship clubs will pay much more than that but they are ones that are overpaying and are part of the massive debt of championship clubs
Good/Bad way to treat players on 07:09 - Sep 27 with 275 viewsOsbourne

Good/Bad way to treat players on 00:39 - Sep 27 by bfcpete

This is interesting and not so straight forward.
Taking account of the fact that he was in a 'last chance saloon' as a player then his total package (say about £100k) is probably about right. And I was told by a football agent yesterday that the average total pay for a player in the 2 divisions below the championship (from where he came) is quite a bit less than that. Clearly, many other championship clubs will pay much more than that but they are ones that are overpaying and are part of the massive debt of championship clubs

If this is the case, it is going to be great for 'Team Spirit.'

Scenarios :
1. Ranger not in starting line up - He is losing money. Ranger sulks on the bench.
2. Ranger comes on as sub, but on less money - No motivation.
3. Ranger keeps on shooting, but doesn't pass (shades of Tom Ince). Ranger gets paid for every goal he scores. No wonder he snatched the ball off Peter Clarke who was the chosen penalty taker against Watford (Ranger missed!). Guess what Ranger wanted his bonus!

If this is how Karl is running things, then I bet it is "All for one and one for all" in the dressing room!

Football dressing rooms are difficult places at the best of times, if Karl is playing them all off against each other then he is a fool. ..... Karl's a fool!

I wonder what Peter Clarke said to Ranger after he had missed the penalty which he wasn't suppose to of taken. I know what I would of said to Ranger if I had been Clarke. Taking a leaf out of the same book, what did Jose Riga say to Ranger? What a joke.

They are all mercenaries, set them up like this Karl and we are going down, down, down
Good/Bad way to treat players on 09:42 - Sep 27 with 267 viewsWindyMiller

Good/Bad way to treat players on 07:09 - Sep 27 by Osbourne

If this is the case, it is going to be great for 'Team Spirit.'

Scenarios :
1. Ranger not in starting line up - He is losing money. Ranger sulks on the bench.
2. Ranger comes on as sub, but on less money - No motivation.
3. Ranger keeps on shooting, but doesn't pass (shades of Tom Ince). Ranger gets paid for every goal he scores. No wonder he snatched the ball off Peter Clarke who was the chosen penalty taker against Watford (Ranger missed!). Guess what Ranger wanted his bonus!

If this is how Karl is running things, then I bet it is "All for one and one for all" in the dressing room!

Football dressing rooms are difficult places at the best of times, if Karl is playing them all off against each other then he is a fool. ..... Karl's a fool!

I wonder what Peter Clarke said to Ranger after he had missed the penalty which he wasn't suppose to of taken. I know what I would of said to Ranger if I had been Clarke. Taking a leaf out of the same book, what did Jose Riga say to Ranger? What a joke.

They are all mercenaries, set them up like this Karl and we are going down, down, down

I think in Ranger's case this was the right deal for both parties - long term as a club it wouldn't attract the players we need. If we would've done this with Chopra he might not have been so inclined as to lie on a hotel bed for a month!

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024