Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fine margins 00:38 - Sep 28 with 530 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

another frustrating day, one when a lot of good, solid work was undone by a combination of bad luck and extra quality from the opposition.

I thought the first half was a bit of a non-event really ; neither side looked in much trouble, but equally neither really looked like scoring either. The second half was faster, more direct and neither side defended with complete composure. Our goal came from some incisive passing and movement and who knows what would have happened but for Daniels' aberration. A pity, because he played really well.

With twelve minutes to go I was thinking this was going to be another step forward. But then bang bang, a cruel goal immediately followed by an excellent one stemming from Lundstram's aberration. Did they deserve it? I didn't think so. They are top, which shows this isn't a good league. But equally, we are where we deserve to be too - the spirit is willing, but we keep coming up short.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

fine margins on 01:25 - Sep 28 with 509 viewsOsbourne

I thought we could of easily had the 3 points today.

I think we are close to pulling in some points.

Could we win at Middlesbrough?

Friday, Cardiff at home is going to be very lively. I definitely fancy us for 3 points under the lights.

Lets see where we are Friday night. Could we have 8 points by then? I think we could.
fine margins on 08:27 - Sep 28 with 469 viewsseasider81

fine margins on 01:25 - Sep 28 by Osbourne

I thought we could of easily had the 3 points today.

I think we are close to pulling in some points.

Could we win at Middlesbrough?

Friday, Cardiff at home is going to be very lively. I definitely fancy us for 3 points under the lights.

Lets see where we are Friday night. Could we have 8 points by then? I think we could.

They had the better chances and the better players on the pitch. They had a second gear and we couldn't deal with it. Our team is full of League One players and there is no way we will get out of this mess without reinforcements.

I am not sure how anyone can see it any different.
fine margins on 09:55 - Sep 28 with 426 viewsMrTangerineMan

81 - agree with nearly all you say apart from the League 1 players - we would struggle in League 1 with this squad. We kept ourselves in the game (just) until we scored - then we went to pieces as Norwich went up a gear and showed the real lack of quality we have. Some people must wear very thick tangerine tinted specs IMHO

League 1 next season.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 11:07]
fine margins on 10:17 - Sep 28 with 420 viewsHarryHorse

fine margins on 08:27 - Sep 28 by seasider81

They had the better chances and the better players on the pitch. They had a second gear and we couldn't deal with it. Our team is full of League One players and there is no way we will get out of this mess without reinforcements.

Very difficult to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.That's 3 games on the trot I've watched in their entirety online and its certainly better on the eye than the admittedly very few games I saw last season .We provided credible opposition for about an hour or so but it was one way traffic after that . Daniels did look good I agree and was unlucky for the goals but best get used to that , when you are at the bottom these things seem to happen more as we all know.Not much by way of goal threat in terms of chances created , if we do get one I hope Miller takes it , he's desperately in need of a goal
fine margins on 10:21 - Sep 28 with 415 viewshertfordseasider

fine margins on 08:27 - Sep 28 by seasider81

Spot on 81, they never got out of second gear, we were revving the bowlocks off of 6th gear. The players gave their all again, they can't be criticised for that, the problem is we would struggle in league 1 at the moment, we lack quality and we lack players for key positions.

We played okay but we are just not good enough. I am not even sure we will win a game this season, not if we don't add quality players, and there is nothing to suggest that is going to happen.

It is a disgusting state of affairs, the heart is being ripped out of the club. It is a very sad thing to watch unfurl.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024