Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where has the nastiness come from? 21:33 - Oct 1 with 1145 viewsHappy_Satsuma

I don't understand why it's gone from fan v owner to fan v fan. When did we start to turn on our own. I won't be there on the 53rd minute on Friday because the appalling threats by some of our fans means I'll be sat at home watching on the TV. Embarrassed to be a Seasider.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Where has the nastiness come from? on 21:46 - Oct 1 with 1125 viewsArchibaldKnox

It's just a schism. Just like any other hardcore religious dispute.
You know, Sunni vs Shia, Catholic vs Protestant, Atheists FC vs God's XI.... etc.

It will pass with time, death and birth.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 21:47]
Where has the nastiness come from? on 21:55 - Oct 1 with 1109 viewsBISONS

Its best you're not there if you didn't intend on supporting the protest.

Its supporters like you that give the Oystons carte blanche to destroy Blackpools football club. They're doing right before dormant supporters eyes.

Oystons need removing along with any of their supporters, people need to think long and very very hard about picking the right side for the future.
Where has the nastiness come from? on 21:57 - Oct 1 with 1101 viewsstu

Just for clarity Bisons, what's the definition on an Oyston supporter, someone who wants to stay in his seat and watch his team.

Tangerine is the new black

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:02 - Oct 1 with 1084 viewsHarryHorse

Where has the nastiness come from? on 21:46 - Oct 1 by ArchibaldKnox

It's just a schism. Just like any other hardcore religious dispute.
You know, Sunni vs Shia, Catholic vs Protestant, Atheists FC vs God's XI.... etc.

It will pass with time, death and birth.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 21:47]

That's very good Archie
Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:06 - Oct 1 with 1076 viewsBISONS

Where has the nastiness come from? on 21:57 - Oct 1 by stu

Just for clarity Bisons, what's the definition on an Oyston supporter, someone who wants to stay in his seat and watch his team.

Stu, quite simply, yes!

Ive supported Blackpool for 33 years and forgoing 37 minutes to protest against our grotesque owners is a very easy thing for me to do. People who have BFC in their heart, like me, will walk out. Those who don't will be the individuals who remain.

You support the Oystons then remain in your seat, its your choice, but your choice will plain for all to see.
Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:15 - Oct 1 with 1060 viewssteve_g

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:06 - Oct 1 by BISONS

Stu, quite simply, yes!

Ive supported Blackpool for 33 years and forgoing 37 minutes to protest against our grotesque owners is a very easy thing for me to do. People who have BFC in their heart, like me, will walk out. Those who don't will be the individuals who remain.

You support the Oystons then remain in your seat, its your choice, but your choice will plain for all to see.

BISONS - you tell me how getting up out of my seat and walking out of the stadium will remove Karl Oyston and I'll do it.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:16 - Oct 1 with 1057 viewsstu

Will it fcuk remove him.

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:22 - Oct 1 with 1047 viewsArchibaldKnox

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:16 - Oct 1 by stu

Will it fcuk remove him.

Well, something is certain...

NOT getting out of your seat will definitely NOT have any effect on anyone, inc the Oystons.
Login to get fewer ads

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:25 - Oct 1 with 1040 viewsstu

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:22 - Oct 1 by ArchibaldKnox

Well, something is certain...

NOT getting out of your seat will definitely NOT have any effect on anyone, inc the Oystons.

I think it may have an effect on my team. I'll be staying with my 82 year old Dad

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:33 - Oct 1 with 1024 viewsjosuah98

Bison I think the O's were given carte Blanche by the fans when they gave in to self greed and bought the two year season ticket, out of interest did you give in to greed?

Where has the nastiness come from? on 23:04 - Oct 1 with 991 viewsBISONS

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:33 - Oct 1 by josuah98

Bison I think the O's were given carte Blanche by the fans when they gave in to self greed and bought the two year season ticket, out of interest did you give in to greed?

Josh, no I didn't.

Steve G and Stu, its a protest against the Oystons stewardship and fans like you two deserve the crap that's being served up.

Stay in your seat and show your backing to the owners, in fact break out the clap sticks whilst you're at it!
Where has the nastiness come from? on 23:32 - Oct 1 with 977 viewsArchibaldKnox

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:25 - Oct 1 by stu

I think it may have an effect on my team. I'll be staying with my 82 year old Dad

Well, Stu, I will raise your 82 year old Dad. My 85 year old Dad will be sat next to me. And he's a bit dodgy on his pins these days, needs the walking stick. But he will be doing the 53rd minute protest. I hope. Depends upon how aggressive the stewards are going to be, really.
Where has the nastiness come from? on 08:20 - Oct 2 with 925 viewsBFC_Tim

Where has the nastiness come from? on 23:32 - Oct 1 by ArchibaldKnox

Well, Stu, I will raise your 82 year old Dad. My 85 year old Dad will be sat next to me. And he's a bit dodgy on his pins these days, needs the walking stick. But he will be doing the 53rd minute protest. I hope. Depends upon how aggressive the stewards are going to be, really.

The character who came up with this idea Koudo on the other site is now getting alsorts of stick. Pop your head above the parapet and this is what happens. Never liked this idea from the start - the black balloons would have made much more of an impact alone and not created this fan vs fan nastiness.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Where has the nastiness come from? on 09:12 - Oct 2 with 908 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Is he really ?

Only by a small minority

For me everyone needs to make their own call on this

Personally I believe a groundswell of support of the initiative is crucially important

It's a statement of fans concerns and if a majority don't support it will send a clear message that we aren't as concerned and give our owners the proverbial green light to continue with current policies

Individuals should reflect on that tomorrow night

Either way UTMP

#footballfirst

Where has the nastiness come from? on 09:18 - Oct 2 with 904 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

Satsuma, I think you have some kind of answer to your o/p from the responses. Pathetic keyboard warrior bullying by wums from the bad old days of the previous AVFTT board and non-sequiturs like being an Oyston supporter if you don't make a protest on Friday.

It got to this stage because against all expectations, including our own until we stuffed Forest so convincingly, we got to the Premier League. Until then we were fed a diet of "punching above our weight in the Championship" by our rookie manager and his Blackburn side-kick, and most believed it because of the failure to build more than two sides of the ground. Having achieved the impossible dream there was an explosion of new message board users, many of whom were happy to delude themselves that we were suddenly an elite club and have screamed like hell since we were relegated and failed to get back against West Ham.

The failures of the Chairman and owners are blatantly apparent for all to see, and should be highlighted whenever possible. But true supporters will support their team in whatever way they see fit, be it walking out during the game to attempt to make a point or remaining to support the players for the whole duration. Criticising, bullying and threatening fellow fans with retribution after the game if they don't do what others want them to do is truly childish and pathetic. With such posts I share your embarrassment. It's noticeable that these threats are all coming one way.
Where has the nastiness come from? on 09:21 - Oct 2 with 900 viewsstraightatthewall

Where has the nastiness come from? on 09:12 - Oct 2 by TwelveAngryMen

Is he really ?

Only by a small minority

For me everyone needs to make their own call on this

Personally I believe a groundswell of support of the initiative is crucially important

It's a statement of fans concerns and if a majority don't support it will send a clear message that we aren't as concerned and give our owners the proverbial green light to continue with current policies

Individuals should reflect on that tomorrow night

Either way UTMP

It's as simple as asking yourself 2 very basic questions.

1) Am I happy with the current situation?

2) Have the owners done all they can to prevent it?

If you think the answer is 'No' to both and you're still not prepared to sacrifice less than half a game as a show of solidarity and unity against the mismanagement of our club, then it's a sad state of affairs for me.

Each to their own, but as the club slowly goes back to where it came from those who choose to do nothing are forfeiting any right to sympathy from me for what follows. And that doesn't mean threats of violence from other supporters - which are clearly unwelcome, totally out of order and not to be condone in any way shape or form - it means the inevitable poor offerings on the field, the dwindling crowds and the lost generation - again - of kids who have no motivation to visit their local football league side. Unless they live in Fleetwood of course.....

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Where has the nastiness come from? on 09:56 - Oct 2 with 883 viewsLytham_FY8

Where has the nastiness come from? on 09:21 - Oct 2 by straightatthewall

It's as simple as asking yourself 2 very basic questions.

1) Am I happy with the current situation?

2) Have the owners done all they can to prevent it?

If you think the answer is 'No' to both and you're still not prepared to sacrifice less than half a game as a show of solidarity and unity against the mismanagement of our club, then it's a sad state of affairs for me.

Each to their own, but as the club slowly goes back to where it came from those who choose to do nothing are forfeiting any right to sympathy from me for what follows. And that doesn't mean threats of violence from other supporters - which are clearly unwelcome, totally out of order and not to be condone in any way shape or form - it means the inevitable poor offerings on the field, the dwindling crowds and the lost generation - again - of kids who have no motivation to visit their local football league side. Unless they live in Fleetwood of course.....

' from the bad old days of the previous AVFTT board'

CURRENT board.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:36 - Oct 4 with 711 viewsbrassedoff

Where has the nastiness come from? on 09:56 - Oct 2 by Lytham_FY8

' from the bad old days of the previous AVFTT board'

CURRENT board.

Hannibal - enjoyed reading your post and am thankful none of the fans gave me any abuse for staying seated although it did appear a bit of a ramshackle departure! When we're United there's no better fans, when we're divided we turn in to a group of people I can't identify with.

Have had so many good times with Blackpool fans I just hope we can get back to those days.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Where has the nastiness come from? on 10:08 - Oct 5 with 684 viewsBigbrother

Where has the nastiness come from? on 22:36 - Oct 4 by brassedoff

Hannibal - enjoyed reading your post and am thankful none of the fans gave me any abuse for staying seated although it did appear a bit of a ramshackle departure! When we're United there's no better fans, when we're divided we turn in to a group of people I can't identify with.

Have had so many good times with Blackpool fans I just hope we can get back to those days.

Interesting someone should mention the old board - funny isn't it how this arguably started as the D&G vs Veinbulgers competition and then over the years has got more and more nasty. What started out as a bit of fun has sadly become the unsavoury face of Blackpool FC today.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Where has the nastiness come from? on 13:17 - Oct 6 with 635 viewsArchibaldKnox

Where has the nastiness come from? on 10:08 - Oct 5 by Bigbrother

Interesting someone should mention the old board - funny isn't it how this arguably started as the D&G vs Veinbulgers competition and then over the years has got more and more nasty. What started out as a bit of fun has sadly become the unsavoury face of Blackpool FC today.

Divisive owners, imho.
Where has the nastiness come from? on 13:49 - Oct 6 with 616 viewsOdinsRaven

I have to agree with the OP

The vile nastiness and attempted bullying on 53 minutes was horrific. All these people wanted to do was demonstrate against the owners and they were subjected to taunting by scum in the pro Oyston boxes and some of the mushrooms in the stands. I had the misfortune to be in the West and experienced first hand the vile bullying by those too deluded to see or understand the protests as they could not see beyond their own importance.

So yes the OP is correct but the guilty were not those actually demonstrating... This club is certainly going to end up with the owners it deserves...
Where has the nastiness come from? on 12:22 - Oct 7 with 528 viewsWizaard

Where has the nastiness come from? on 13:49 - Oct 6 by OdinsRaven

I have to agree with the OP

The vile nastiness and attempted bullying on 53 minutes was horrific. All these people wanted to do was demonstrate against the owners and they were subjected to taunting by scum in the pro Oyston boxes and some of the mushrooms in the stands. I had the misfortune to be in the West and experienced first hand the vile bullying by those too deluded to see or understand the protests as they could not see beyond their own importance.

So yes the OP is correct but the guilty were not those actually demonstrating... This club is certainly going to end up with the owners it deserves...

It really doesn't matter who is abusing who. The point is, when the fans turn on each other for whatever reason, it completely misses the point, as neither 'side' can do anything about the source of the problem.

For what it's worth, I don't think there is any fan who thinks the Oystons are doing all they could. The problem is, any sign of even wanting to converse constructively is seen as @rselicking by some.

It's the 'if you're not completely against, you're with them' stance.

Life is far more nuanced than that but some are seemingly incapable of grasping that fact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024