Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was OO totally deluded or ... 10:05 - Oct 5 with 904 viewsKOSBowlCut

.. has this team got a sniff of the Play Offs about it? Has certainly got the spirit and togetherness of a side that could push on - probably lacking a goalscorer and one or two additions but is it that ludicrous? Win a couple of games and you're then back to within a reasonable distance from the P/O's. We're only 11 games in and I've always said if by game 35 you are within 6 points of the play offs you have a shout. We're currently 13 away.

I say this as well on the teams who are actually up there - Boro, Charton, Wolves .. have any impressed you!!

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 10:10 - Oct 5 with 900 viewsBigbrother

Avoiding relegation is the first step and we haven't won two games on the bounce for a long time! We're not yet good enough to form anything like a play off winning side, however I do feel we are better than 23rd. We're still a long way behind others - like someone said in another thread I didn't realise how far behind we are - if we can get to Xmas with a little cushion between ourselves and the bottom 3 that has to be considered Progress!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 10:35 - Oct 5 with 887 views1953Original

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 10:10 - Oct 5 by Bigbrother

Avoiding relegation is the first step and we haven't won two games on the bounce for a long time! We're not yet good enough to form anything like a play off winning side, however I do feel we are better than 23rd. We're still a long way behind others - like someone said in another thread I didn't realise how far behind we are - if we can get to Xmas with a little cushion between ourselves and the bottom 3 that has to be considered Progress!

It's fine margins, a bit of luck, taking your chances and hoping the referee likes you in this league.

For the first 10 games we had nine of the above!!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 16:06 - Oct 6 with 794 viewssteve_g

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 10:35 - Oct 5 by 1953Original

It's fine margins, a bit of luck, taking your chances and hoping the referee likes you in this league.

For the first 10 games we had nine of the above!!

Who knows what a good pre-season could have done!!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 16:25 - Oct 6 with 777 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

Of course this team is nowhere near good enough for the play-offs. Desperately short of quality and creativity in midfield and reliability in both defence and goalscoring.

There seems to be an excellent team spirit which is a start, but we don't have what the likes of Derby, Forest, Ipswich and Norwich have. The only glimmer is that beyond those four the rest of the league is also desperately short of quality, and is the worst Championship bunch for many a year. But it's only a glimmer, and that rubbish currently pushing for play-off spots is already 14 or 15 points ahead of us.

But we've only won one, let's not get carried away.
Was OO totally deluded or ... on 08:06 - Oct 7 with 684 viewsWizaard

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 16:25 - Oct 6 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

Of course this team is nowhere near good enough for the play-offs. Desperately short of quality and creativity in midfield and reliability in both defence and goalscoring.

There seems to be an excellent team spirit which is a start, but we don't have what the likes of Derby, Forest, Ipswich and Norwich have. The only glimmer is that beyond those four the rest of the league is also desperately short of quality, and is the worst Championship bunch for many a year. But it's only a glimmer, and that rubbish currently pushing for play-off spots is already 14 or 15 points ahead of us.

Before the season started, I had a tenner on us finishing in the Top Half at 66/1. I'd take that
Was OO totally deluded or ... on 08:09 - Oct 7 with 684 viewsCurryman

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 16:25 - Oct 6 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

I would like to see us score more than one goal before making any predicitions about where we will end up. Currently we seem to still be a little vulnerable at the back even though we have had three clean sheets out of our last six.

It would be interesting to see how the team reacted if we could go two up., would they go fo rmore or then sit back and invite the oposition onto them?

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 08:18 - Oct 7 with 679 viewsWizaard

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 08:09 - Oct 7 by Curryman

I would like to see us score more than one goal before making any predicitions about where we will end up. Currently we seem to still be a little vulnerable at the back even though we have had three clean sheets out of our last six.

It would be interesting to see how the team reacted if we could go two up., would they go fo rmore or then sit back and invite the oposition onto them?

Given the position we're in, when we have had a lead (which hasn't been often), we've gone deeper and deeper and looked poorer for it. All comes down to confidence.

When we play a higher line, the midfield and forwards are in synch and we look so much better as a unit, both offensively and defensively.
Was OO totally deluded or ... on 08:32 - Oct 7 with 672 viewsTwelveAngryMen

I actually think defensively we've been ok if on occasions we have ridden our luck ie v Brighton
The problem is elsewhere You don't win football matches unless you create and score goals
That's been our problem for a long time now
Quality generally costs and until we do we aren't going anywhere near the play offs

#footballfirst

Login to get fewer ads

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 11:53 - Oct 7 with 642 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 08:32 - Oct 7 by TwelveAngryMen

I actually think defensively we've been ok if on occasions we have ridden our luck ie v Brighton
The problem is elsewhere You don't win football matches unless you create and score goals
That's been our problem for a long time now
Quality generally costs and until we do we aren't going anywhere near the play offs

I'd agree with most posters on this thread that we are not showing the quality needed to mount a play-off push at the moment. I still think the immediate target has to be 21st, and then see where we go from there.

Having said all that, in 2006/07 we took just eight points from our first eleven games and were in the bottom four of L1. I think when Reading last went up to the PL they were near the bottom until November or so and then went on a very long winning run. So it can happen.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 12:06 - Oct 7 with 636 viewsLytham_FY8

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 11:53 - Oct 7 by basilrobbiereborn

I'd agree with most posters on this thread that we are not showing the quality needed to mount a play-off push at the moment. I still think the immediate target has to be 21st, and then see where we go from there.

Having said all that, in 2006/07 we took just eight points from our first eleven games and were in the bottom four of L1. I think when Reading last went up to the PL they were near the bottom until November or so and then went on a very long winning run. So it can happen.

Reading spent money in the 2011 January transfer window though.

Imagine, a team improves by spending money, who'd have thought it?

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 12:23 - Oct 7 with 619 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 12:06 - Oct 7 by Lytham_FY8

Reading spent money in the 2011 January transfer window though.

Imagine, a team improves by spending money, who'd have thought it?

I think Reading's improvement started well before January, actually.

Cardiff have spent a lot of money too. Any views on them?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 18:59 - Oct 7 with 544 viewsdanny1953

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 12:23 - Oct 7 by basilrobbiereborn

I know Leicester and QPR were absolute rubbish last season.

Teams who receive parachute payments have an unfair advantage - Karl Oyston 2008?

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 19:06 - Oct 7 with 541 viewsWizaard

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 18:59 - Oct 7 by danny1953

I know Leicester and QPR were absolute rubbish last season.

Talk me through Burnley's investment since Dyche took over
Was OO totally deluded or ... on 08:41 - Oct 8 with 500 viewsPlumbs

Was OO totally deluded or ... on 12:23 - Oct 7 by basilrobbiereborn

Readings rise that season has been well documented elsewhere (under Brian McD at the time) but they had quality from their previous stay in the PL,and were heavily backed by Madjeski who had also brought in fresh investment.

A similar rise up the table CAN happen but just wishing it to be so doesnt hold water,where proper planning and a heavily backed manager/coach is the key.

Thats not of course to say that spending for the sake of it is required,but wise spending gets you in the places you want to be

*Brian McD tried the same players at Leeds last season and failed miserably-just putting the club further into debt

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024