Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More knee-jerk reaction 16:18 - Oct 8 with 1016 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I see Scunny have binned Wilcox. I can just about see the logic in making an early decision, but the injury-ravaged squad he was working with isn't going to be any less injury ravaged for whoever comes in.

It seems especially hard on a bloke who took them on a 28 game unbeaten run and was voted L2 Manager of the Year last season.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

More knee-jerk reaction on 18:16 - Oct 8 with 958 viewsOneDaveBamber

Looking at it from the outside-in, that may well seem to be the case. However...

A friend of mine is a regular at Glanford Park (and on the road) and even in the midst of their run last season and post-promotion, Wilcox was getting criticism. The way they were playing was apparently dire and only due to the awful league they were playing in were they still picking up points. He felt that when moving up a division, the manager's failings would be woefully exposed and so it has proven.
More knee-jerk reaction on 18:28 - Oct 8 with 949 viewsPNENIL

Knee jerk and very harsh I think.
They dramatically improved when he came in and they owe him a lot. As you say they have a lot of injuries and they sold Sam Winnall in the summer who was the league's top scorer.
Im sure Wilcox will get a job somewhere else and maybe Scunny think they are bigger than they are acting like this.
More knee-jerk reaction on 20:31 - Oct 8 with 890 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

More knee-jerk reaction on 18:16 - Oct 8 by OneDaveBamber

Looking at it from the outside-in, that may well seem to be the case. However...

A friend of mine is a regular at Glanford Park (and on the road) and even in the midst of their run last season and post-promotion, Wilcox was getting criticism. The way they were playing was apparently dire and only due to the awful league they were playing in were they still picking up points. He felt that when moving up a division, the manager's failings would be woefully exposed and so it has proven.

Interesting points ODB - we never see it the same way as those on the inside, do we?

I take their point about style of play, but if the man was delivering wins and draws ONLY for over half a season, he deserves some slack, surely.

More knee-jerk reaction on 20:43 - Oct 8 with 882 viewsseasider12000

the shelf life of a football league manager isn't very long nowadays. Look at Watford 4th manager this year isn't it? nearly as bad as us.
More knee-jerk reaction on 08:56 - Oct 9 with 814 viewssteve_g

More knee-jerk reaction on 20:43 - Oct 8 by seasider12000

the shelf life of a football league manager isn't very long nowadays. Look at Watford 4th manager this year isn't it? nearly as bad as us.

Wonder where KO's reputation stands now with managers? The Chairman who once stood by his managers through thick and thin now looks for a replacement behind their backs! He'd need to get on with and hope Riga stays a couple of seasons to get any sort of credibility back.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

More knee-jerk reaction on 16:49 - Oct 13 with 672 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

More knee-jerk reaction on 20:43 - Oct 8 by seasider12000

Rob Edwards gone now at Tranmere. That one doesn't surprise me in one sense, but five months is not long to stamp your imprimatur on a football club.

More knee-jerk reaction on 21:49 - Oct 13 with 590 viewsPlumbs

More knee-jerk reaction on 16:49 - Oct 13 by basilrobbiereborn

Rob Edwards gone now at Tranmere. That one doesn't surprise me in one sense, but five months is not long to stamp your imprimatur on a football club.

Funnily enough he's been potted for playing too much football which is a strange comment from their chairman. Never really recovered from appointing John Barnes.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

More knee-jerk reaction on 08:52 - Oct 14 with 550 viewsHappy_Satsuma

More knee-jerk reaction on 21:49 - Oct 13 by Plumbs

Funnily enough he's been potted for playing too much football which is a strange comment from their chairman. Never really recovered from appointing John Barnes.

Least our Chairman gives managers a chance to flourish and bears in mind how popular he is with the fans before making any rash decisions 😳

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024