Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone Girl 12:20 - Oct 9 with 1093 viewsPegojack

Morning all, your resident film critic here.

Went to see 'Gone Girl' last night, the film adaptation of Gillian Flynn's best selling crime novel, a psychological thriller I guess you could call it. Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike star.

I read the book last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, was curious to see if they could pull off the film version of such a convoluted novel, but I have to say, yes they did! A long watch at about 2hours 30 minutes but I never lost interest. Well recommended, and nice norks on the main character's illicit girlfriend.

Herefordjack official rating - 8/10.

PS Rosamund Pike was excellent, and really showed what a versatile actress she is. I saw her starring in 'What We Did on our Holidays' last week, a totally different role which she also carried off well. Good film, lots of laughs, Herefordjack official rating - 7/10.
Gone Girl on 13:00 - Oct 9 with 1048 viewsmonmouth

I found both main characters so unsympathetic in the book that I would have been content for both to die horrible deaths. Did they manage to make either more likeable in the fillum?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gone Girl on 13:06 - Oct 9 with 1041 viewsPegojack

Gone Girl on 13:00 - Oct 9 by monmouth

I found both main characters so unsympathetic in the book that I would have been content for both to die horrible deaths. Did they manage to make either more likeable in the fillum?

Good point! Well, the female lead is a psychopathic schemer and murderer, so not a lot of sympathy for her!
I suspect the answer to the Ben Affleck character might rest with what gender you are. I thought he came across as OK, but I expect many women in the audience were thinking "you cheated on your wife, you deserved everything you got!".
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 13:07]
Gone Girl on 13:29 - Oct 9 with 1002 viewsdickythorpe

Cant wait for the sequel!!
Gone Girl on 17:09 - Oct 9 with 925 viewsFag_Ash_Will

Gone Girl on 13:06 - Oct 9 by Pegojack

Good point! Well, the female lead is a psychopathic schemer and murderer, so not a lot of sympathy for her!
I suspect the answer to the Ben Affleck character might rest with what gender you are. I thought he came across as OK, but I expect many women in the audience were thinking "you cheated on your wife, you deserved everything you got!".
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 13:07]

He pops his knob out during this doesn't he?
How did that go down with the female audience?
Basing it on girth, length etc. what marks out of ten would you give it?
Gone Girl on 18:01 - Oct 9 with 891 viewsSpratty

9/10 and the film was very good too I thought - OP covers it well IMHO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024