Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony 15:44 - Oct 13 with 2632 viewsctnfootball

http://ctnfootball.com/2014/10/13/can-swansea-afford-to-lose-wilfried-bony/

Hi guys, used to be a poster on here a while back but seems my login details have changed. I've just written an article about Bony and the transfer speculation surrounding him. Would love to know your thoughts on the matter.

Gareth
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 15:54 - Oct 13 with 2610 viewsQuakerJack

Going nowhere until at the earliest the summer, by which time we will be prepared so that if he goes a suitable replacement will be brought in.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 15:55 - Oct 13 with 2606 viewsLohengrin

Dutch international?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 16:05 - Oct 13 with 2560 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The answer is obviously no - not just for this season, but the foreseeable future.

The drop off from Bony to Gomis is more obvious than any other position on the squad.

And I'm getting tired of people measuring Bony by how many goals he has scored so far this season. Yes, typically that is the most important thing a striker does, but Bony is a notable exception because he sets up other players much better than the typical striker.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 16:05 - Oct 13 with 2557 viewsnantywatcher

YES.
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 16:19 - Oct 13 with 2505 viewsctnfootball

Dutch international lol. Whoops, edited. Apologies
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 16:20 - Oct 13 with 2502 viewsctnfootball

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 16:05 - Oct 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

The answer is obviously no - not just for this season, but the foreseeable future.

The drop off from Bony to Gomis is more obvious than any other position on the squad.

And I'm getting tired of people measuring Bony by how many goals he has scored so far this season. Yes, typically that is the most important thing a striker does, but Bony is a notable exception because he sets up other players much better than the typical striker.

I did delve into why he's useful in other areas too!
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 22:46 - Oct 13 with 2260 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea can afford lose any player, Michu, Bony, you name them. Thats the way it is. No player makes a team, this is a club not a players church of worship. Like everyone when he wants to go he can, and if we want him to go, likewise. Thats the way it is.

As for transfer speculation ?

Only in the minds it seems of those who care.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 00:38 - Oct 14 with 2187 viewsctnfootball

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 22:46 - Oct 13 by ScoobyWho

Swansea can afford lose any player, Michu, Bony, you name them. Thats the way it is. No player makes a team, this is a club not a players church of worship. Like everyone when he wants to go he can, and if we want him to go, likewise. Thats the way it is.

As for transfer speculation ?

Only in the minds it seems of those who care.

Agree to an extent but he'd be a hard void to fill. He's a superb player
Login to get fewer ads

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 07:57 - Oct 14 with 2115 viewsjacksinceever

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 15:54 - Oct 13 by QuakerJack

Going nowhere until at the earliest the summer, by which time we will be prepared so that if he goes a suitable replacement will be brought in.

What suitable replacement? Genuine goalscorers are as rare as ... well .... genuine goalscorers.
The answer you were looking for is "No, we cannot afford to lose him
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 09:16 - Oct 14 with 2068 viewsJohnw102

Also worth his place for defending at set pieces.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 14:06 - Oct 14 with 1930 viewsdantheswansman

Nobody is irreplaceable ! Thats just something critics like to spout but its a crock of crap .
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 15:02 - Oct 14 with 1877 viewssully49

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 14:06 - Oct 14 by dantheswansman

Nobody is irreplaceable ! Thats just something critics like to spout but its a crock of crap .

Tell that to Liverpool regarding Swarez. As to loosing Bony we would certainly miss his presence on the pitch and boy can he jump. I would prefer him and Gomis playing in a 4-4-2 formation when at the Liberty, away is a different proposition all together play in a 4-5-1 formation.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 04:28 - Oct 15 with 1750 viewsGlyn1

This is probably his second and final season with us, because he deserves to move to a team that plays Champions League football.

I have to believe that our team is bigger than any particular individual within it (Michu, Bony or whoever) but eventually we will get relegated, just because every team outside the top teams will eventually get relegated which is why most of the Championship teams have played in the Premier League.

It may be contradictory but that's one reason why I want us to build a bigger stadium - so that we'd have at least something to show for the time that we were in the Premier League. I'd hate to think that the money had been squandered on players' wages, share dividends and anything else that didn't leave something permanent behind.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2014 4:29]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 05:13 - Oct 15 with 1727 viewsdameedna

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 04:28 - Oct 15 by Glyn1

This is probably his second and final season with us, because he deserves to move to a team that plays Champions League football.

I have to believe that our team is bigger than any particular individual within it (Michu, Bony or whoever) but eventually we will get relegated, just because every team outside the top teams will eventually get relegated which is why most of the Championship teams have played in the Premier League.

It may be contradictory but that's one reason why I want us to build a bigger stadium - so that we'd have at least something to show for the time that we were in the Premier League. I'd hate to think that the money had been squandered on players' wages, share dividends and anything else that didn't leave something permanent behind.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2014 4:29]

A half full stadium could be worth less than a full stadium if we are relegated
I always thought the East Stand was a sad part of our history
We should have paid our players much more for what they achieved
Maybe that would have given us another season or 2 at the top, who knows
I would like to see another 2 or 3 quality players in to keep us up and injury sustainable
_ Defensive Mid (Diame/Tiote) and a Full Back
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 22:57 - Oct 15 with 1632 viewsScoobyWho

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 15:02 - Oct 14 by sully49

Tell that to Liverpool regarding Swarez. As to loosing Bony we would certainly miss his presence on the pitch and boy can he jump. I would prefer him and Gomis playing in a 4-4-2 formation when at the Liberty, away is a different proposition all together play in a 4-5-1 formation.

We miss every payer until we replace him.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 00:32 - Oct 16 with 1576 viewssully49

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 22:57 - Oct 15 by ScoobyWho

We miss every payer until we replace him.

I agree 100%

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 00:41 - Oct 16 with 1574 viewsJethroJack

Don't want Wilf to go....but neither did I want Michu to go....then along came Siggy (again)

And so it goes on..........
[Post edited 16 Oct 2014 0:42]
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 13:25 - Oct 16 with 1490 viewsSpratty

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 07:57 - Oct 14 by jacksinceever

What suitable replacement? Genuine goalscorers are as rare as ... well .... genuine goalscorers.
The answer you were looking for is "No, we cannot afford to lose him

Neither can we afford not to give our other excellent prospect a fair go to fit into the team and prove himself, given we are lucky enough to have 2 top dollar (certainly for us) strikers.

Bony is fantastic for us but with much more opportunity even at PL level than Gomis (and full European game time to help integrate) Bony had only scored one PL goal at this stage last year and was much less mobile than Gomis. Difficult to balance performance with fitting in a new striker, but a balance has to be found.
Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 13:27 - Oct 16 with 1488 viewsdantheswansman

Can Swansea afford to lose Wilfried Bony on 15:02 - Oct 14 by sully49

Why ? ? they will be just fine . need time for team to gel and it be buisness as usual. lose a great player you just knuckle down and get on with it .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024