Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Wizaard 17:43 - Oct 15 with 1844 viewsbloomfieldoracle

Wiz,

You say in a post below that you spent 20 mins talking about the training ground at the recent BSA meeting with Karl. What was said? Was there the even the tiniest sliver of encouragement that anything will ever happen?
FAO Wizaard on 21:25 - Oct 15 with 1809 viewsbloomfieldoracle

Your silence speaks volumes Wiz
FAO Wizaard on 14:25 - Oct 16 with 1753 views20togo

FAO Wizaard on 21:25 - Oct 15 by bloomfieldoracle

Your silence speaks volumes Wiz

Don't think Wiz is ever deliberately silent. Think your comment is unjustified.

Wiz has said on the other forum that he had no guarantees that the TG would happen - or words to that effect anyway. Oystoncan always spin a good story about the progress etc but as I've said I won't believe there's any progress until the diggers move in.

Now I wasn't at the meeting but it appears some of the issues discussed re TG were commercially sensitive. Now Ican't say for certain but my guess is this all has to do with land purchases or something of that nature.
FAO Wizaard on 14:38 - Oct 16 with 1745 viewsHarryHorse

FAO Wizaard on 14:25 - Oct 16 by 20togo

Don't think Wiz is ever deliberately silent. Think your comment is unjustified.

Wiz has said on the other forum that he had no guarantees that the TG would happen - or words to that effect anyway. Oystoncan always spin a good story about the progress etc but as I've said I won't believe there's any progress until the diggers move in.

Now I wasn't at the meeting but it appears some of the issues discussed re TG were commercially sensitive. Now Ican't say for certain but my guess is this all has to do with land purchases or something of that nature.

I would not be at all surprised to hear a training ground announcement within a week or two . Its probably just about the only thing that might get some of the fans back on side as far as the O's are concerned .Believe it only when I see it though
FAO Wizaard on 15:37 - Oct 16 with 1730 viewshertfordseasider

FAO Wizaard on 14:38 - Oct 16 by HarryHorse

I would not be at all surprised to hear a training ground announcement within a week or two . Its probably just about the only thing that might get some of the fans back on side as far as the O's are concerned .Believe it only when I see it though

I don't think we will Harry. This commercially sensitive thing has been used more than once and nothing has happened for years. No other clubs seem to have these problems, certainly not repeatedly and certainly not over years.
My guess is that it is more to do with cost and use of land, I mean surely the only way we will get a training ground is if there is other build going on, that will be the real reason anything will get done? The TG, if it happens, will not be the key ingredient. I have no inside info on that, just my own feelings, I hope they prove me wrong, but the length of time it has taken is a travesty.
FAO Wizaard on 15:38 - Oct 16 with 1727 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO Wizaard on 15:37 - Oct 16 by hertfordseasider

I don't think we will Harry. This commercially sensitive thing has been used more than once and nothing has happened for years. No other clubs seem to have these problems, certainly not repeatedly and certainly not over years.
My guess is that it is more to do with cost and use of land, I mean surely the only way we will get a training ground is if there is other build going on, that will be the real reason anything will get done? The TG, if it happens, will not be the key ingredient. I have no inside info on that, just my own feelings, I hope they prove me wrong, but the length of time it has taken is a travesty.

I tend to think that Pete may be right about the training ground. It's very frustrating for the football fan. Common sense, probably, to the businessman.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

FAO Wizaard on 16:04 - Oct 16 with 1717 views20togo

FAO Wizaard on 15:38 - Oct 16 by basilrobbiereborn

I tend to think that Pete may be right about the training ground. It's very frustrating for the football fan. Common sense, probably, to the businessman.

"I tend to think that Pete may be right about the training ground"

Thanks Robbie, I think I may be right as well.
FAO Wizaard on 16:06 - Oct 16 with 1716 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO Wizaard on 16:04 - Oct 16 by 20togo

"I tend to think that Pete may be right about the training ground"

Thanks Robbie, I think I may be right as well.

Sorry 20s. It's just that you being right about something is the norm, and therefore not worthy of specific comment.

FAO Wizaard on 16:16 - Oct 16 with 1710 views20togo

FAO Wizaard on 16:06 - Oct 16 by basilrobbiereborn

Sorry 20s. It's just that you being right about something is the norm, and therefore not worthy of specific comment.

Oooops, that might upset Hetford.
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Wizaard on 16:33 - Oct 16 with 1693 viewshertfordseasider

FAO Wizaard on 16:16 - Oct 16 by 20togo

Oooops, that might upset Hetford.

FAO Wizaard on 18:05 - Oct 16 with 1669 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO Wizaard on 16:33 - Oct 16 by hertfordseasider

Arf Arf.

FAO Wizaard on 20:24 - Oct 16 with 1629 viewsbollieboy

FAO Wizaard on 18:05 - Oct 16 by basilrobbiereborn

Arf Arf.

Nah, you're wrong 20's.

<this should generate some action on this site>
FAO Wizaard on 20:38 - Oct 16 with 1620 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FAO Wizaard on 20:24 - Oct 16 by bollieboy

Nah, you're wrong 20's.

Might get you banned at any rate.

FAO Wizaard on 20:40 - Oct 16 with 1620 viewscrewcut

In Karl's mind his synopsis of the Premier league ascendancy is the same now as it was then. We got there with this training ground and therefore we can do it again. Simple logic.
FAO Wizaard on 20:40 - Oct 16 with 1620 viewsterminallytangerine

FAO Wizaard on 20:24 - Oct 16 by bollieboy

Nah, you're wrong 20's.

Sadly I wasn't there either but would be surprised if there was some conspiracy of silence plotted by the evil BSA stewards.

I guess it was the usual promise of jam tomorrow but until the bulldozers start moving we will all just have to live in hope.

(Enjoying your spirited defence on another forum 20s btw.)
FAO Wizaard on 22:08 - Oct 16 with 1606 viewsWizaard

FAO Wizaard on 20:40 - Oct 16 by terminallytangerine

Sadly I wasn't there either but would be surprised if there was some conspiracy of silence plotted by the evil BSA stewards.

I guess it was the usual promise of jam tomorrow but until the bulldozers start moving we will all just have to live in hope.

(Enjoying your spirited defence on another forum 20s btw.)

After a few days doing other stuff, I've only just noticed this,

What was said was around the potential for the airport closure making it more likely that developments will be sooner than they might have been.

To cut a long story short, Balfour Beatty who own the airport, are in negotiations to sell the club the additional land they need to expand the training ground. The intention is to build the new facilities to the West of the property, allowing some shelter from the prevailing wind. The new bit will include an indoor training pitch, changing rooms and medical facilities etc. There is also an intention to build more pitches including an artificial one.

The plans are developed and will be lodged once the land is purchased.

As always, no timeframe, but far more likely to go through than the Lytham Hall plans.
FAO Wizaard on 22:35 - Oct 16 with 1596 viewsterminallytangerine

FAO Wizaard on 22:08 - Oct 16 by Wizaard

What was said was around the potential for the airport closure making it more likely that developments will be sooner than they might have been.

To cut a long story short, Balfour Beatty who own the airport, are in negotiations to sell the club the additional land they need to expand the training ground. The intention is to build the new facilities to the West of the property, allowing some shelter from the prevailing wind. The new bit will include an indoor training pitch, changing rooms and medical facilities etc. There is also an intention to build more pitches including an artificial one.

As always, no timeframe, but far more likely to go through than the Lytham Hall plans.

Thanks. Wizard Wizard.
FAO Wizaard on 13:08 - Oct 17 with 1575 viewsbloomfieldoracle

Cheers Wiz
FAO Wizaard on 21:00 - Oct 17 with 1532 viewspickering_hat_trick

Thanks for sharing the info Wiz but it should be in the public domain ,what I dont get why is it all of a sudden its a goer because the airport is now closing and there is potential to buy land from Balfour Beatty.So what happened to the proposals from the last meet when the AVFTT 9 were involved ?.Sorry I just cant believe anything Mr Oyston says anymore ,this has been going on for over 10 years when the training was first muted as being antiquated and not fit for purpose.
FAO Wizaard on 23:56 - Oct 17 with 1510 viewsWizaard

FAO Wizaard on 21:00 - Oct 17 by pickering_hat_trick

Thanks for sharing the info Wiz but it should be in the public domain ,what I dont get why is it all of a sudden its a goer because the airport is now closing and there is potential to buy land from Balfour Beatty.So what happened to the proposals from the last meet when the AVFTT 9 were involved ?.Sorry I just cant believe anything Mr Oyston says anymore ,this has been going on for over 10 years when the training was first muted as being antiquated and not fit for purpose.

The side issue of Lytham Hall has distracted attention for far too long. Now the focus is back on the more feasible Squires Gate, hopefully we'll see more progress.

PS The sale of the airport land isn't dependant on the closure of the airport.
FAO Wizaard on 10:09 - Oct 18 with 1485 viewsFountain

FAO Wizaard on 23:56 - Oct 17 by Wizaard

The side issue of Lytham Hall has distracted attention for far too long. Now the focus is back on the more feasible Squires Gate, hopefully we'll see more progress.

PS The sale of the airport land isn't dependant on the closure of the airport.

Wizz, thanks for that information and I'm sure it's appreciated by all fans.

The side issue of Lytham Hall was OO's ego versus the practical future of the Hall and yes it has distracted far too long. But as I said some years back the training ground on the LH location would never EVER happen despite potential promises by OO to 'Government' bodies.

Another, slightly off thread question this raises is regarding 6the O's tenure. It was quite feasible that SG land could be sold for development to an O company at knock down price. Then again if you are to sell the Club it is far more valuable with the training ground land in place AND the ready to go plans to make it , err, more up to date. In laymans terms buying the land for £1m, spending 30k on the plans ets could net them £3m on the sale price. I know KO has said they are there for the long term but that encourages me as his record of saying things that happen is, well, not the best.

slap me on the patio

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024