Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads 10:19 - Oct 26 with 1716 viewsperchrockjack

fOLKS.

Time is the same but you ll have to put your foot down on the motorway network and just haven travelled M5 and M6 THERE ARE LOT OF ROADWORKS in Midlands WITH 45/50/60 limits. Also some in StaffS.

a483 is a drive requiring a clear head especially in the dark but the roads will be quiet..

I always say if you live Bridgend and east take motorway network..

Also note Wallasey tunnel sometimes closes at night and you have to use the old Birkenhead tunnel then go A41.

so, come up through Wales and return M62 M6 .. Drive safe..

NB coming off the M62 AS YOU REACH Liverpool there is a dual carriageway that has a 30 mph camera. It catches thousands. ITS EDGE LANE.. be careful

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 10:53 - Oct 26 with 1697 viewsmark555

If I was returning at 10pm it would be the motorway every time for me, going up it would depend on the time of day, the motorway is a nightmare from Birmingham to Stoke around peak times.

The motorway gives you more options for stopping for a coffee as well.
Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 11:22 - Oct 26 with 1678 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

Another note about the motorways - average speed cameras are out in full working force, keep a very close eye on the speed limit as it varies frequently and has been seen to go down to 40mph - easy to get caught out!
Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 11:57 - Oct 26 with 1661 viewsWxmJax

From Swansea, motorway/dual carriageway up to Hirwaun roundabout on A465. Then left on to A4059 past Penderyn and over Brecon Beacons (watch out for sheep on road). Then past Brecon, Builth, Llandrindod fairly quickly. The 27 miles between Llandrindod and Newtown has some windy bends and Newtown can be a pain with all the traffic lights but after this it's fairly quick again between here and Oswestry. Soon after Oswestry, just south of Wrexham, it's dual carriageway / motorway A483/A55/M53 all the way to the 'pool. Quite a few fast food/coffee shops/supermarkets/petrol stations next to the road on route with Tesco Welshpool and McDonalds near Chirk (Oswestry) being the only 24 hour food places en route. Should take no more than 4 hours.

Sat Nav will tell you to go through Ammanford/Llandovery A40/A483 but I avoid this as I find this road dangerous (and slower) than the above route ( even from Gorseinon).

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:37 - Oct 26 with 1597 viewsbuilthjack

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 11:57 - Oct 26 by WxmJax

From Swansea, motorway/dual carriageway up to Hirwaun roundabout on A465. Then left on to A4059 past Penderyn and over Brecon Beacons (watch out for sheep on road). Then past Brecon, Builth, Llandrindod fairly quickly. The 27 miles between Llandrindod and Newtown has some windy bends and Newtown can be a pain with all the traffic lights but after this it's fairly quick again between here and Oswestry. Soon after Oswestry, just south of Wrexham, it's dual carriageway / motorway A483/A55/M53 all the way to the 'pool. Quite a few fast food/coffee shops/supermarkets/petrol stations next to the road on route with Tesco Welshpool and McDonalds near Chirk (Oswestry) being the only 24 hour food places en route. Should take no more than 4 hours.

Sat Nav will tell you to go through Ammanford/Llandovery A40/A483 but I avoid this as I find this road dangerous (and slower) than the above route ( even from Gorseinon).

Swansea,Cross Hands, Llandeilo, Llandovery, Beulah, Newbridge, Rhayader, Newtown, Welshpool, Oswestry, then dual carriageway to Liverpool. Easy route, the only delay at all may be a few minutes through Newtown.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:43 - Oct 26 with 1586 viewsDDCH

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:37 - Oct 26 by builthjack

Swansea,Cross Hands, Llandeilo, Llandovery, Beulah, Newbridge, Rhayader, Newtown, Welshpool, Oswestry, then dual carriageway to Liverpool. Easy route, the only delay at all may be a few minutes through Newtown.

Agree with the pair of you if at peak time, but since they built that Tesco in Newtown it can be a real bottle neck. Lost half hour there last time I came back that way heading North to South.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:45 - Oct 26 with 1584 viewsLeonisGod

train for me and my lad. Makes it more like a 'proper' day out lol. Reading about the road closures and roadworks, I'm glad I chose the train. We even get 2 half days to take in some 'culture'. Any suggestions how to keep a 6 year old happy in L'pool centre for a few hours perch?
Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:46 - Oct 26 with 1584 viewsbuilthjack

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:43 - Oct 26 by DDCH

Agree with the pair of you if at peak time, but since they built that Tesco in Newtown it can be a real bottle neck. Lost half hour there last time I came back that way heading North to South.

They have altered the timing on the lights recently. It's a lot better, only a few minutes wait at most. I usually get through no probs.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:48 - Oct 26 with 1578 viewsDDCH

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:46 - Oct 26 by builthjack

They have altered the timing on the lights recently. It's a lot better, only a few minutes wait at most. I usually get through no probs.

That's good to know. People were shooting off into that little industrial estate past morrisons. I am sure there must be a shortcut there but didn't have the bottle to go look on the chance I put myself at the back of the queue again. It was a right pain in the arse

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 19:20 - Oct 26 with 1547 viewsbuilthjack

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:48 - Oct 26 by DDCH

That's good to know. People were shooting off into that little industrial estate past morrisons. I am sure there must be a shortcut there but didn't have the bottle to go look on the chance I put myself at the back of the queue again. It was a right pain in the arse

Yes, go up that road about 2 miles, then along a country lane signposted Dolfor for about 3 miles. But you need to know it or you soon get lost.

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 19:47 - Oct 26 with 1519 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 18:45 - Oct 26 by LeonisGod

train for me and my lad. Makes it more like a 'proper' day out lol. Reading about the road closures and roadworks, I'm glad I chose the train. We even get 2 half days to take in some 'culture'. Any suggestions how to keep a 6 year old happy in L'pool centre for a few hours perch?

There's quite a few things to do… obviously there is loads of shopping like the lego shop, entertainer etc. but there is also the Liverpool wheel which can be good (if a bit expensive). The boats and stuff down by the docks can be interesting, though not really a patch on the marina if I'm honest. As far as museums go the museum of liverpool is good for kids, though if you after just a bit of fun there is the indoor crazy golf down by liverpool one. This is fun for kids, and tbh I've enjoyed myself there too! Not sure if the christmas market is being set up soon too.
Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 20:06 - Oct 26 with 1511 viewsJackFish

Builth - Rhayader - Newtown is a much better road than going through Llandod, probably doesn't work out any quicker but much nicer to drive on.
Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 20:29 - Oct 26 with 1491 viewsLeonisGod

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 19:47 - Oct 26 by Tycoch_Tyrant

There's quite a few things to do… obviously there is loads of shopping like the lego shop, entertainer etc. but there is also the Liverpool wheel which can be good (if a bit expensive). The boats and stuff down by the docks can be interesting, though not really a patch on the marina if I'm honest. As far as museums go the museum of liverpool is good for kids, though if you after just a bit of fun there is the indoor crazy golf down by liverpool one. This is fun for kids, and tbh I've enjoyed myself there too! Not sure if the christmas market is being set up soon too.

Cheers, guess it will depend on the weather, but sounds like a few options there. Just Liverpool One will probably blow his socks off. He's only used to lil ol Swansea.
Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 21:18 - Oct 26 with 1469 viewsWxmJax

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 19:20 - Oct 26 by builthjack

Yes, go up that road about 2 miles, then along a country lane signposted Dolfor for about 3 miles. But you need to know it or you soon get lost.

Coming up Norf' I turn off right half way around the bend at Dolfor (not signposted) pass the pub and then take the first left a couple of hundred yds further on (oppoosite a house). I believe it's called Upper Dolfor road, brings me out by the first/last set of traffic lights by the bridge in Newtown. I'll try the Beulah/Llandeilo road once more but I still don't think it will be as quick/safe as going over The Beacons. Found the A483 to be in a bad way from Cross Hands a couple of years ago. Will be pleased to be proven wrong though, anything to cut the journey time down.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Liverpool..motorway or trunk roads on 23:11 - Oct 26 with 1435 viewsperchrockjack

Loads for kids to do.

All the museums are great.

The walker art gallery is very big and always has stuff for kids at half term ..

The Ferris wheel is worth it too although not cheap, if it's clear you see snowdonia .

Slavery museum is where I would take them..

Check to see if town hall is open to public. It's castle St and it has a gold dome. Inside is staggering..
If you see the bhs store ,near the law courts, look up and you ll see rococo, the best coffee shop uou ll see

Xmas fairs and skating rink will, sadly be in late November..
Liverpool 1 is mainly upmarket shops but also reasonable chain stores ..
No matter what some say, it's a great city and the culture is something to behold..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024