Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is me signing off ..... 21:52 - Oct 27 with 1413 viewsBringBelekonBack

I think today has been another reminder that there's more important things in life than Blackpool FC. My lovely wife, daughters, grandchildren, job, friends, health .. all of these things are more important than BFC.

Thanks Blackpool for a fabulous 30 years - I've lived out some of my favourite memories with you, met some brilliant people who will be life long friends, had some amazing but often very messy away trips and enjoyed countless match days with you.

But you have cheated on me, you've made me false promises, you've gone behind my back, you've embarrassed yourself and you've embarrassed me. I think the time has come for us to go our separate ways - I can no longer have you in my life.

Goodbye good friend - maybe we'll meet again another day but now is the time to say so long.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 21:53]
This is me signing off ..... on 21:54 - Oct 27 with 1402 viewsAVFTTConvert

That actually struck a very real chord with me and kind of feel the same way. I'll give BFC another go but there's only so many times you can get smacked in the face without needing to walk away.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

This is me signing off ..... on 21:58 - Oct 27 with 1383 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Hmmmm. I think my football club has served me more faithfully than 99% of the people I've come across in all walks of life. But each to their own.

I don't want to make light of your obviously heartfelt post, but ducking out after thirty years? I thought you'd complete your probationary period first.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

This is me signing off ..... on 21:59 - Oct 27 with 1377 viewsBigbrother

There's another post called 'Nobody cares anymore' further down the board and I said on that I just don't feel the same way toward this football club that I did. Karl Oyston has killed the dream for us all.

Nice post though.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

This is me signing off ..... on 22:01 - Oct 27 with 1368 viewsVMcB

This is me signing off ..... on 21:59 - Oct 27 by Bigbrother

There's another post called 'Nobody cares anymore' further down the board and I said on that I just don't feel the same way toward this football club that I did. Karl Oyston has killed the dream for us all.

Nice post though.

Big Brother - if KO went would you go back? It's the man you hate not the football club......I think you would.....
This is me signing off ..... on 22:02 - Oct 27 with 1365 viewsHarryHorse

This is me signing off ..... on 21:58 - Oct 27 by basilrobbiereborn

Hmmmm. I think my football club has served me more faithfully than 99% of the people I've come across in all walks of life. But each to their own.

I don't want to make light of your obviously heartfelt post, but ducking out after thirty years? I thought you'd complete your probationary period first.

We weren't all born to serve you you know Robbie

Edit to add : that is a very sad op
[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 22:03]
This is me signing off ..... on 22:03 - Oct 27 with 1356 viewsVMcB

This is me signing off ..... on 22:02 - Oct 27 by HarryHorse

We weren't all born to serve you you know Robbie

Edit to add : that is a very sad op
[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 22:03]

LOL Harry!!
This is me signing off ..... on 23:14 - Oct 27 with 1231 viewsTrashcan_Man

I feel exactly the same way.

There's something horribly squalid about the owners, the way they conduct business and the way they treat both their employees and their customers, us the fans. This was the very last straw for me. I can just about cope with incompetence if it's roots are well meaning but everything about the administration of this football club in the last two/three seasons has brought me no joy whatsoever. It's brought the owners, already ridiculously wealthy men, more cash to lavish on their seedy hobbies and I feel duped, an utter mug.

Owen's an old man. His legacy could have been the grateful support of the town. There might have been statues, named stands. What's the legacy going to be now? He'll be reviled as a charlatan who couldn't contain his rapacious greed when he smelt the chance of making even more money and his idiot son seen as not only out of his depth but a fork tongued spewer of untruths with a vindictive streak for pursuing those he thinks speak out against him.

I was a Riga Believer but the way he's been shafted so spectacularly along with those of us who signed up for ST's on false promises means I'm going to flounce off and find something productive to do with my Saturdays from now on and I might get some work done during the week instead of reading bloody message boards.

Good luck guys - I think you'll need it.
This is me signing off ..... on 00:10 - Oct 28 with 1204 viewsArchibaldKnox

This is me signing off ..... on 23:14 - Oct 27 by Trashcan_Man

I feel exactly the same way.

There's something horribly squalid about the owners, the way they conduct business and the way they treat both their employees and their customers, us the fans. This was the very last straw for me. I can just about cope with incompetence if it's roots are well meaning but everything about the administration of this football club in the last two/three seasons has brought me no joy whatsoever. It's brought the owners, already ridiculously wealthy men, more cash to lavish on their seedy hobbies and I feel duped, an utter mug.

Owen's an old man. His legacy could have been the grateful support of the town. There might have been statues, named stands. What's the legacy going to be now? He'll be reviled as a charlatan who couldn't contain his rapacious greed when he smelt the chance of making even more money and his idiot son seen as not only out of his depth but a fork tongued spewer of untruths with a vindictive streak for pursuing those he thinks speak out against him.

I was a Riga Believer but the way he's been shafted so spectacularly along with those of us who signed up for ST's on false promises means I'm going to flounce off and find something productive to do with my Saturdays from now on and I might get some work done during the week instead of reading bloody message boards.

Good luck guys - I think you'll need it.

Squalid... the best single word description.
Login to get fewer ads

This is me signing off ..... on 00:45 - Oct 28 with 1191 viewsseasider13

SEASEASEASIDERS, WERE ONLY WARMING UP, WERE ONLY WARMING UP, ...........................WERE ONLY WARMING UP,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024