Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
having seen the reaction…. 01:06 - Oct 30 with 2682 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

… to our new manager from certain quarters, I feel I have to ask - if the Oystons go nowhere, how many managers will some people refuse to get behind?

It could be come the first of the Great Obstinacy Wars…….

Serious point though, at what point do we all decide to just be pragmatic and support whoever we've got?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

having seen the reaction…. on 01:54 - Oct 30 with 2277 viewsterminallytangerine

I think despite the sabre rattling most people at the game will support Clark on Saturday.

It's not his fault that Riga was sacked and the need to win games should trump the political war until we are in a much safer position IMHO.
having seen the reaction…. on 02:57 - Oct 30 with 2256 viewsseasider13

I will give the bloke a chance, but as i stated on another thread, this appointment is hardly inspiring.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

having seen the reaction…. on 08:16 - Oct 30 with 2196 viewsOld_Laytonian

having seen the reaction…. on 02:57 - Oct 30 by seasider13

I will give the bloke a chance, but as i stated on another thread, this appointment is hardly inspiring.

It's Oyston who needs to support the Manager
having seen the reaction…. on 08:28 - Oct 30 with 2182 viewsFountain

having seen the reaction…. on 08:16 - Oct 30 by Old_Laytonian

It's Oyston who needs to support the Manager

What OL says.

On face value 99% of fans would choose Riga over Clark, so if he does back Clark it's a kick in the teeth for both Riga and the fans.

Clark won't get a welcome nor any particular support from me other than through the team. He'll have to earn that.

slap me on the patio

having seen the reaction…. on 08:32 - Oct 30 with 2178 viewsCurryman

having seen the reaction…. on 08:28 - Oct 30 by Fountain

What OL says.

On face value 99% of fans would choose Riga over Clark, so if he does back Clark it's a kick in the teeth for both Riga and the fans.

Clark won't get a welcome nor any particular support from me other than through the team. He'll have to earn that.

Well said Fountain, I will give hime a polite clap for taking on the poisoned chalice, but as for respect and support he will need to earn it.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

having seen the reaction…. on 08:48 - Oct 30 with 2164 viewsFountain

having seen the reaction…. on 08:32 - Oct 30 by Curryman

Well said Fountain, I will give hime a polite clap for taking on the poisoned chalice, but as for respect and support he will need to earn it.

The situation reminds me very much of when Jimmy Meadows took over from Allan Brown in that the manager was never wanted and perceived to be inferior to what had gone before.

Normally when you sack a manager and a new one comes in it marks the start of a new era and that comes with renewed hope (not expectation) and a freshness that the fans can latch on to, but in the case of Meadows and Clark that hope doesn't exist because on-field, we have been crushed by one family.

slap me on the patio

having seen the reaction…. on 08:52 - Oct 30 with 2157 viewstangerine_boots

having seen the reaction…. on 08:48 - Oct 30 by Fountain

The situation reminds me very much of when Jimmy Meadows took over from Allan Brown in that the manager was never wanted and perceived to be inferior to what had gone before.

Normally when you sack a manager and a new one comes in it marks the start of a new era and that comes with renewed hope (not expectation) and a freshness that the fans can latch on to, but in the case of Meadows and Clark that hope doesn't exist because on-field, we have been crushed by one family.

Nothing from us- won't be there.
having seen the reaction…. on 09:00 - Oct 30 with 2155 viewsSouthshorepool

having seen the reaction…. on 08:52 - Oct 30 by tangerine_boots

Nothing from us- won't be there.

He'll get no reaction from me either way.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Login to get fewer ads

having seen the reaction…. on 09:13 - Oct 30 with 2140 viewsTejas

The reaction Clark gets will be somewhat muted, but I don't believe it will be as hostile as some are suggesting. The continuity and strength of that support will depend on results as always. It may get interesting if we go a goal down on Saturday but I think most people can distinguish between supporting the team and supporting the Chairman.
having seen the reaction…. on 09:27 - Oct 30 with 2130 viewswe_are_Superior

having seen the reaction…. on 09:13 - Oct 30 by Tejas

The reaction Clark gets will be somewhat muted, but I don't believe it will be as hostile as some are suggesting. The continuity and strength of that support will depend on results as always. It may get interesting if we go a goal down on Saturday but I think most people can distinguish between supporting the team and supporting the Chairman.

Of course if Clark wins a few games early doors the dissenters will be saying Riga was rubbish and should never have been appointed

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

having seen the reaction…. on 09:30 - Oct 30 with 2129 viewsHarryHorse

having seen the reaction…. on 09:27 - Oct 30 by we_are_Superior

Of course if Clark wins a few games early doors the dissenters will be saying Riga was rubbish and should never have been appointed

If he wins a few games he'll get support I should think .If he loses a few he won't . But I suspect a lot of people won't be there to offer support or not anyway .
having seen the reaction…. on 09:39 - Oct 30 with 2121 viewsHertsseasider

having seen the reaction…. on 09:30 - Oct 30 by HarryHorse

If he wins a few games he'll get support I should think .If he loses a few he won't . But I suspect a lot of people won't be there to offer support or not anyway .

What SSP said

"Schools Out London"

having seen the reaction…. on 09:50 - Oct 30 with 2106 viewsLytham_FY8

having seen the reaction…. on 09:39 - Oct 30 by Hertsseasider

What SSP said

'at what point do we all decide to just be pragmatic and support whoever we've got? '

Around the same time you decide pragmatism is the way forward and support your fellow fans instead of taking increasingly bizzare pot shots?

Deal?
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 9:50]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

having seen the reaction…. on 10:12 - Oct 30 with 2081 viewsThames

having seen the reaction…. on 09:50 - Oct 30 by Lytham_FY8

'at what point do we all decide to just be pragmatic and support whoever we've got? '

Around the same time you decide pragmatism is the way forward and support your fellow fans instead of taking increasingly bizzare pot shots?

Deal?
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 9:50]

Some people weren't too excited when Ollie got the job and criticised him as being a media whore!

This appointment is hardly inspiring.

We backed Riga - where did that get us?

He needs backing by the one man who ultimately controls our destiny. There is no precedent to suggest that will happen.
having seen the reaction…. on 10:48 - Oct 30 with 2060 viewsMephistopheles

having seen the reaction…. on 10:12 - Oct 30 by Thames

Some people weren't too excited when Ollie got the job and criticised him as being a media whore!

This appointment is hardly inspiring.

We backed Riga - where did that get us?

He needs backing by the one man who ultimately controls our destiny. There is no precedent to suggest that will happen.

Can I just point out that it is different now to when Holloway was appointed? Or at least we are all so much more wiser with the way things have been handled recently and should be in doubt what the common denominator for all the ridiculousness emanating from the club on a daily basis is.

5 managers in two years since Holloway departed and the influence of Belokon ebbed away. FIVE managers all promised to be backed, all suffering the same shortcomings of the Chairman despite promising otherwise, despite a huge windfall etc. £25m of that huge windfall transferred OUTSIDE of the club into non-football interests whilst Riga had to prepare for a season in the CHAMPIONSHIP with 6 professionals and very little support as per the above.

Clark is just another employee in the game furthering his career(!) and as such can’t be blamed for taking the job — someone was always going to take it after all — but knowing the above, knowing how the Chairman will behave versus what he says/promises, how can any of us expect the new guy to do anything other than damage limitation with woefully limited resources.

Heart surgery with garden shears.
having seen the reaction…. on 10:54 - Oct 30 with 2054 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

having seen the reaction…. on 08:48 - Oct 30 by Fountain

That's an interesting analogy Founts.

I think the point made by some that the new manager needs support from the chairman is seen as a given by everyone - I implied as much in that epic piece of prose I wrote yesterday. For the purposes of this thread, I was more interested in what people saw as our role.

having seen the reaction…. on 11:11 - Oct 30 with 2041 viewsTHEMISSINGLINK

having seen the reaction…. on 10:54 - Oct 30 by basilrobbiereborn

That's an interesting analogy Founts.

I think the point made by some that the new manager needs support from the chairman is seen as a given by everyone - I implied as much in that epic piece of prose I wrote yesterday. For the purposes of this thread, I was more interested in what people saw as our role.

our role in all this, is somehow(and I personally have no answers) rid this club of the cancer that is the Oystons. Clark will get no support from me until(as Founts rightly points out) he has earnt it. is that a good enough answer O obstinate one.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 11:11]
having seen the reaction…. on 11:42 - Oct 30 with 2018 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

having seen the reaction…. on 11:11 - Oct 30 by THEMISSINGLINK

our role in all this, is somehow(and I personally have no answers) rid this club of the cancer that is the Oystons. Clark will get no support from me until(as Founts rightly points out) he has earnt it. is that a good enough answer O obstinate one.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 11:11]

TML

I'm not obstinate. Just tragically misunderstood.

having seen the reaction…. on 11:55 - Oct 30 with 1998 viewstde74

The problem is that the well has been poisoned irreparably. I can only see two possible outcomes:

The standard of football and resulting attendances drop to mid-eighties levels. I recall when I first wanted to go and watch 'joke club' BFC that the reaction from many in the town was one of scorn, derision and a degree of resentfulness - I think this will become the norm again.

The Oystons sell up and we get a clean slate. I think this is, in the short term, very unlikely to happen.

Unlike some, I don't however have a personal axe to grind with the 3,500 who are prepared to accept the days out with their mates on the beer supporting BFC, warts and all. That's all that will remain when this is all said and done.

Of course I'm discounting Ollie-lightning striking twice - that's about as likely as I am of winning the lottery.
having seen the reaction…. on 12:37 - Oct 30 with 1951 viewsThe_Ghost

having seen the reaction…. on 09:30 - Oct 30 by HarryHorse

"If he wins a few games he'll get support I should think .If he loses a few he won't "

If he wins a few games, I hope he follows it up by turning water into wine, feeds the 3,500...etc etc
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 12:38]
having seen the reaction…. on 13:47 - Oct 30 with 1888 viewswespens

having seen the reaction…. on 12:37 - Oct 30 by The_Ghost

"If he wins a few games he'll get support I should think .If he loses a few he won't "

If he wins a few games, I hope he follows it up by turning water into wine, feeds the 3,500...etc etc
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 12:38]

TDE_74 - stick a pound on the lottery this weekend and let us know how you get on! Might help me decide whether to keep going or not!!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

having seen the reaction…. on 14:43 - Oct 30 with 1858 viewstde74

having seen the reaction…. on 13:47 - Oct 30 by wespens

TDE_74 - stick a pound on the lottery this weekend and let us know how you get on! Might help me decide whether to keep going or not!!

If you're hanging on solely for another shot at the Premier League, I think you've got a long wait ahead of you. But.... you never know...
having seen the reaction…. on 20:15 - Oct 30 with 1779 viewsFY4MIKEH

having seen the reaction…. on 14:43 - Oct 30 by tde74

If you're hanging on solely for another shot at the Premier League, I think you've got a long wait ahead of you. But.... you never know...

We need to get behind Clark. Riga is history, and his record left a lot to be desired. Time to move on folks, and get behind the lads 100%.
having seen the reaction…. on 20:33 - Oct 30 with 1757 viewsTang67

having seen the reaction…. on 20:15 - Oct 30 by FY4MIKEH

We need to get behind Clark. Riga is history, and his record left a lot to be desired. Time to move on folks, and get behind the lads 100%.

Supporters are fickle few wins and most will be hailing him as the new messiah problem is the 0's have poisoned atmosphere at BR so Clarke's appointment seems merely incidental

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

having seen the reaction…. on 22:25 - Oct 30 with 1708 viewsscu70

having seen the reaction…. on 20:33 - Oct 30 by Tang67

Supporters are fickle few wins and most will be hailing him as the new messiah problem is the 0's have poisoned atmosphere at BR so Clarke's appointment seems merely incidental

If Riga was backed we wouldn't be in this position.Karl has let the club down massively and turned fans against attending games.the sad thing is I defended him at times regarding the way he did certain things now looking at the bigger picture I can't believe what a fool I was.he should be ashamed the way he treated Jose Riga and should be ashamed of the was he's ruined the clubs name.its only a matter of time before Clark realises what all the other managers before him realised that the Oyston's have no ambition whatsoever.the only way the club will move forward is if the Oyston family break ties with Blackpool FC.theres just No way forward for the club with them here.the football club hasn't seen anything invested in it and has been left to rot and neglected.i wish Lee all the very best and hope he can pull off a miracle but if he doesn't there's only two people to blame and it won't be Jose Riga and it won't be Lee Clark It will be Karl and Owen Oyston.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024