Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you still have McMahon as Captain? 09:31 - Oct 30 with 1088 viewsCashCow

For me first thing Clark should do is look at who's captain. Not a fan of McMahon and for me Peter Clarke would be a better leader - was he skipper under Lee Clark at Huddersfield?
Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 20:48 - Oct 30 with 1063 viewsclarkestattoo

Interesting what Peter Clarke has had to say. McMahon seemed very close to Riga and wonder if Clark would like someone who he knows and can rely on?

Lee Clark took Blackpool training for the first time this morning, and he was reunited with his former-captain Peter Clarke.

The duo worked together at Huddersfield Town, and endured two play-off campaigns together.

Now they will set about dragging Blackpool off the foot of The Championship, and the defender knows exactly what to expect.

“The manager will leave no stone unturned, he will work very hard to make the players better, improve results and ultimately give our fantastic fans something to shout about,” he said.

“Lee made me his captain at Huddersfield having signed me from Southend back in 2009, and we had a fantastic relationship.

“Year on year there was improvements and ultimately you're based on your league position.”

The Seasiders will reconvene on Friday morning, before attempting to make Clark's start a winning one against Ipswich on Saturday.

“Ultimately on the training pitch we have to make sure we're giving our best and have to be professional, and do what we're there to do.

“We've got make sure we train well, are prepared right tactically and technically, and I'm sure that will definitely be the case, so on Saturday we're ready.”

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 21:27 - Oct 30 with 1055 viewsBFC_Tim

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 20:48 - Oct 30 by clarkestattoo

Interesting what Peter Clarke has had to say. McMahon seemed very close to Riga and wonder if Clark would like someone who he knows and can rely on?

Lee Clark took Blackpool training for the first time this morning, and he was reunited with his former-captain Peter Clarke.

The duo worked together at Huddersfield Town, and endured two play-off campaigns together.

Now they will set about dragging Blackpool off the foot of The Championship, and the defender knows exactly what to expect.

“The manager will leave no stone unturned, he will work very hard to make the players better, improve results and ultimately give our fantastic fans something to shout about,” he said.

“Lee made me his captain at Huddersfield having signed me from Southend back in 2009, and we had a fantastic relationship.

“Year on year there was improvements and ultimately you're based on your league position.”

The Seasiders will reconvene on Friday morning, before attempting to make Clark's start a winning one against Ipswich on Saturday.

“Ultimately on the training pitch we have to make sure we're giving our best and have to be professional, and do what we're there to do.

“We've got make sure we train well, are prepared right tactically and technically, and I'm sure that will definitely be the case, so on Saturday we're ready.”

McMahon hasn't been as bad as some and you can tell he cares but he is what he is - a very average League One player - give the armband to Clarkey and let's see some passion back.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 21:28 - Oct 30 with 1053 viewsKOSBowlCut

Says it all for me - your captain should be a commanding midfielder like Gerrard - problem is we don't have one of those!

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 21:45 - Oct 30 with 1047 viewsArchibaldKnox

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 21:28 - Oct 30 by KOSBowlCut

Says it all for me - your captain should be a commanding midfielder like Gerrard - problem is we don't have one of those!

Lass sat next to me in West was perceptive after Derby's pen, when teams were lining up again. "Look at McMahon compared to Clarke. He's supposed to be captain". McMahon was slouching along alone while Clarke was trying to gee up the team. Mind you, he'd just given away the goal.
Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 08:16 - Oct 31 with 1032 viewsMr_Brightside

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 21:45 - Oct 30 by ArchibaldKnox

Lass sat next to me in West was perceptive after Derby's pen, when teams were lining up again. "Look at McMahon compared to Clarke. He's supposed to be captain". McMahon was slouching along alone while Clarke was trying to gee up the team. Mind you, he'd just given away the goal.

It's a good way to insert yourself as manager by making small changes like that - all I'd say though is Clark was Captain at Reading and it was a shambles!!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 08:24 - Oct 31 with 1028 viewsCurryman

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 08:16 - Oct 31 by Mr_Brightside

It's a good way to insert yourself as manager by making small changes like that - all I'd say though is Clark was Captain at Reading and it was a shambles!!

Square pegs in round holes at Reading and we were beaten by a less than average team.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 08:38 - Oct 31 with 1025 viewsstraightatthewall

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 08:24 - Oct 31 by Curryman

Square pegs in round holes at Reading and we were beaten by a less than average team.

Neither player is good enough for the Championship, but both will give it their all.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 10:08 - Nov 1 with 990 viewsCashCow

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 08:38 - Oct 31 by straightatthewall

Neither player is good enough for the Championship, but both will give it their all.

Tend to agree with a lot on here - the likes of Clarke and McMahon are mid table league one at best but they give their all and a fighting spirit may yet get us through this.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 10:46 - Nov 1 with 983 viewsspooner

Would you still have McMahon as Captain? on 10:08 - Nov 1 by CashCow

Tend to agree with a lot on here - the likes of Clarke and McMahon are mid table league one at best but they give their all and a fighting spirit may yet get us through this.

Agree with CashCow.
Whilst I would have preferred Clarke to McMahon as club captain, Tony tries to make up for his lack of ability with effort and enthusiasm.
I also don't think replacing him before observing how he performs as skipper will not help maintain his motivation, so I'd leave it, initially. I admit, the captain has an important role, but believe Lee will place more emphasis on a win and improved, all-round display, for his first game in charge.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024