Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman 22:42 - Oct 31 with 6020 viewsDeLomaz

Im 14 years old from Gloucestershire, England and ive been supprting Swansea for about 3-4 years now as thats when ive really started to love football, watching it and playing it aswell, people are always saying, why are you supporting a club which isnt english, well... To be honest, i have no family or relatives that are Welsh or have been supporting Swansea but personally i dont see this is a problem, im proud to be a Swans supporter, im always watching the games on TV by any means neccessary, and always trying to buy a ticket to the games, as well as a train to get there, im always wearing my jersey when the games on and quite frankly, i love Swansea and no one is going to tell me different, i just want to hear some views on whether its right or not

Thanks

DeLomaz
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:42 - Nov 2 with 751 viewsScoobyWho

Swans have a long tradition of support in England, there has always been a very strong London following and for years we had supporters clubs dotted about the place over the bridge, I am sure many if them are English too.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:51 - Nov 2 with 738 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:09 - Nov 2 by michumagic9

I'm 16 from perth, Australia and I support Swansea to. Have no family members that are welsh either. Been supporting the jacks since I was 12 now and I only know about one or two people here who support them aswell.

Well you are located near the Swan river are you not lol? Welcome aboard young Wallaby Jack

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:53 - Nov 2 with 735 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 14:04 - Nov 1 by AnotherJohn

I say welcome. We are a Welsh side, but we are also the most attractive club for many in the Southwest and should not see the Severn as the outer boundary of our catchment area. That is partly why we need expansion. If we build it they will come.

If only we had a rail network and a train service to get them here!
A match day ferry from ilfracombe to Swansea would be super too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 14:04 - Nov 2 with 680 viewsStarsky

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 00:37 - Nov 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes I do know who I am. I also know we AVERAGED 2,052 in the 74/75 season then in the 75/76 season we had our lowest league attendance ever , 1,311 vs Brentford. Fact.
So now not only do I know who I am, I know I'm right.
The game that sticks in my mind from the John Bond era was in 85/86 where I'm sure under 2,000 watched us play Walsall down the Vetch. I'll have to find out if it's was as I remember it.

I was at that Brentford game and I didn't miss one home game under the Harry Gregg era.
Surely the lowest profile/support we ever had.
In a strange way. Good times, I didn't know any different in those days.
We started signing some good players like Bruton, Bartley, Lally and I was sure there were good times just round the corner... Despite also signing Bellotti to keep goal.

It's just the internet, init.

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 14:06 - Nov 2 with 676 viewsjacksinceever

Definitely not wrong young man. You are clearly more enlightened than those around you who choose to follow the London, Manchester or Liverpool clubs
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 14:59 - Nov 2 with 662 viewsmark555

Walk around Swansea any day and you will see plenty of Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool shirts about, there's plenty of people supporting the English clubs down here so no reason why it cant happen the other way.

There are buses going from Swansea and the surrounding areas travelling up to those clubs on a weekly basis with Welshmen supporting English clubs, so I don't see why it cant happen the other way.

There's more English in the team than Welsh anyway!

If your brave enough you could always marry a Swansea girl if you feel you need more of a connection with the area.
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 15:25 - Nov 2 with 654 viewsmichumagic9

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:51 - Nov 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Well you are located near the Swan river are you not lol? Welcome aboard young Wallaby Jack

Swansea being the "swans" is actually part of the reason I started supporting the club. One day I was going through the championship teams and I came across Swansea. I then ended up watching them and have supported them ever since haha!! :). That was the season we got promoted into the premier league!
Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 16:17 - Nov 2 with 632 viewsDavillin

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:57 - Nov 1 by C_jack

Support your local team. Whats wrong with Cheltenham? Used to love a trip to whaddon road (?)

Ah, Cheltenham. My second live Swans game was at Cheltenham.

As I remember, the pitch is wider than it is long. Charming place. Independent and convention-skirting bunch, it seems.

PlanetSwans, on the other hand, is a dark and dangerous place, full of springes to catch woodcocks, and lurking bloodthirsty ghouls and . . .

. . . oops, sorry, that's Hallowe'en. Sorry.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 16:32 - Nov 2 with 621 viewsperchrockjack

Had a few days break with wifey, tiny ,in chelts very recently.
It's what us Welsh call poshasfook.

It's still magnificent in its regency splendour but not the sort of people to make you feel welcome.

Rugby country really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 16:33 - Nov 2 with 621 viewsDewi1jack

Is it wrong to support Swansea as an Englishman on 11:53 - Nov 2 by Brynmill_Jack

If only we had a rail network and a train service to get them here!
A match day ferry from ilfracombe to Swansea would be super too

Got the rail infrastructure (bar for a platform at the stadium!), just struggling a bit with the train service Bryn.
Especially for the late games.
So car from Leominster for home games it is then! Away games are much easier by train.

Edit.
Welcome DeLomaz. The more the merrier on the rollercoaster
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 16:36]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024