Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its too early. 09:30 - Nov 3 with 1424 viewsronsonmg

To start shooting Clark down. Hes only been with these players for three days, what do people expect was going to happen, a win, a miracle? Blackpool fans have no patience, there is time to pull it around and when the team finally gets it together and a decent midfielder is brought in, the strikers will start to function. Its was always a catch up scenario and Clark might not be the new Sir Alex, but he does need a chance to prove his worth.
Its too early. on 09:38 - Nov 3 with 1415 viewsWizaard

Absolutely nothing to disagree with there.

For me, Clark gets the same pass Riga got until the time he gets the players in he wants and they're settled. It all comes back to the level of support from above.
Its too early. on 09:40 - Nov 3 with 1413 viewsLala

I am tentatively agreeing with this. It is too early.

With the squad we have, of mismatches and inconcistencies, and the amount of time Clark has had to even be around these lads, what, 3 days ?? I'm not sure wer can make any real judgement call. He has had to play out his options in a 'live match' head on, rather than have a little time to grapple with his options. He didn't have a steady 11 to throw on the pitch for his first game.

If he does get some players in before Wednesday, as has been suggested, it could look altogether different.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 9:42]

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Its too early. on 10:05 - Nov 3 with 1390 viewstde74

Clark won't be affording the good-will that Riga had in abundance due to a whole slew of reasons, few of which are directly his fault. However he must've come into the job with eyes open with even the most minimal of research, based on the apparent hoodwinking of our last manager over budgets and transfer targets and the general atmosphere around the club (or at least I hope he has otherwise he's in for a nasty surprise), so to expect anything other than a less than glowing reception would be hugely naive.

Maybe he's look at Pardew at Newcastle and decided that good-will is a luxury, not a necessity. Thing is, if you don't have the fans on-side, results on the pitch become the gallows to the fan's noose, and things go south very quickly. The reaction to this appointment reminds me of Graham Carr...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Its too early. on 11:13 - Nov 3 with 1365 viewsLala

Its too early. on 10:05 - Nov 3 by tde74

Clark won't be affording the good-will that Riga had in abundance due to a whole slew of reasons, few of which are directly his fault. However he must've come into the job with eyes open with even the most minimal of research, based on the apparent hoodwinking of our last manager over budgets and transfer targets and the general atmosphere around the club (or at least I hope he has otherwise he's in for a nasty surprise), so to expect anything other than a less than glowing reception would be hugely naive.

Maybe he's look at Pardew at Newcastle and decided that good-will is a luxury, not a necessity. Thing is, if you don't have the fans on-side, results on the pitch become the gallows to the fan's noose, and things go south very quickly. The reaction to this appointment reminds me of Graham Carr...

This post has been edited by an administrator

' However he must've come into the job with eyes open with even the most minimal of research'

You cannot not say that that did not also apply to Riga, though on a moremagnified level now granted.

Its too early. on 11:20 - Nov 3 with 1359 viewstde74

Riga was promised The Riga Revolutionâ„¢

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/oyston-plotting-riga-revolu

“Right from the top to bottom of our club, it’s time we caught up and I hope Jose can assist this.” K. Oyston

Two months later...

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/riga-tells-oyston-please-do

“Our reality is we have gone into the season without any preparation whatsoever. Before thinking about the tactics, the first thing we need as professionals is to be sure that each player is physically at his best.

“We are just trying to do what we can but every other team started six or seven weeks ago,and they did so for a reason.

“We didn’t. Maybe we needed that defeat on Tuesday (at League Two Shrewsbury in the Capital One Cup) to show the reality of where we are. You can sometimes win games based on skill or team spirit but you need to be in shape.

“It’s not just players, though. We need help with things like bringing in fitness staff to help us prepare properly. We have so much work to do here and I need help.” J. Riga
Its too early. on 11:47 - Nov 3 with 1341 viewsLala

Its too early. on 11:20 - Nov 3 by tde74

Riga was promised The Riga Revolutionâ„¢

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/oyston-plotting-riga-revolu

“Right from the top to bottom of our club, it’s time we caught up and I hope Jose can assist this.” K. Oyston

Two months later...

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/riga-tells-oyston-please-do

“Our reality is we have gone into the season without any preparation whatsoever. Before thinking about the tactics, the first thing we need as professionals is to be sure that each player is physically at his best.

“We are just trying to do what we can but every other team started six or seven weeks ago,and they did so for a reason.

“We didn’t. Maybe we needed that defeat on Tuesday (at League Two Shrewsbury in the Capital One Cup) to show the reality of where we are. You can sometimes win games based on skill or team spirit but you need to be in shape.

“It’s not just players, though. We need help with things like bringing in fitness staff to help us prepare properly. We have so much work to do here and I need help.” J. Riga

I'm sure Clark has been promised the Clark Coup aswell

If one is a fool for falling for it, then aren't they all ?

Its too early. on 12:03 - Nov 3 with 1331 viewstde74

I think there was some naive hope that things might change direction this season, what with the near-disaster of last year. For the chairman to come out and say, "I was wrong in my approach, we'll do it differently" was the watershed that has led to the current dissatisfaction in many ways, as with KO's, "I'm right, you're wrong." approach, people knew what to expect.

The promises made to Riga (and the fans) had been the proverbial rod he's made for his own back this year, and that's why in my opinion things have spiralled out of control. He'd have been better saying nothing beyond a vague few nods towards getting players in that he usually makes around ST renewal time.
Its too early. on 12:04 - Nov 3 with 1328 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Its too early. on 11:47 - Nov 3 by Lala

I'm sure Clark has been promised the Clark Coup aswell

If one is a fool for falling for it, then aren't they all ?

What do you mean "when a midfield is brought in"? Have you learnt absolutely nothing during your time supporting this club?
Login to get fewer ads

Its too early. on 12:11 - Nov 3 with 1322 viewsLala

Its too early. on 12:03 - Nov 3 by tde74

I think there was some naive hope that things might change direction this season, what with the near-disaster of last year. For the chairman to come out and say, "I was wrong in my approach, we'll do it differently" was the watershed that has led to the current dissatisfaction in many ways, as with KO's, "I'm right, you're wrong." approach, people knew what to expect.

The promises made to Riga (and the fans) had been the proverbial rod he's made for his own back this year, and that's why in my opinion things have spiralled out of control. He'd have been better saying nothing beyond a vague few nods towards getting players in that he usually makes around ST renewal time.

Oh I don't doubt you there tde in that Karl dealt with the Riga apppointment all wrong. Things were dire and he needed to change everything, the team, the fans attitude, the lot, and in that he may have promised too much.
A lot of fans still didn't believe it though, from what I've read and heard this season, but some of us had optimism as you say.

I still think there were factors that hindered this season other than just spending, but we shall see how things develop now. I can't get my head around the Riga hero/Clark fool ideal though....that won't wash with me.

'He'd have been better saying nothing beyond a vague few nods towards getting players in that he usually makes around ST renewal time. '

He may well revert to this approach !!

Its too early. on 14:14 - Nov 3 with 1296 viewsronsonmg

MyMoney, I`ve been watching the Mighty Pool since the sixtys and saw the Burns, Suddick, Green and Hutchison midfield and that was the best one I`ve seen until the Prem team with Adam and Vaughn in. And yes I`m well aware that Koko can`t open his purse with out having a heart attack. But all this team needs is a decent addition or two in midfield, who, I honestly don`t know, maybe Cubero when fit will be enough, we`ll find out when he plays.
Its too early. on 08:54 - Nov 4 with 1274 viewsWindyMiller

Its too early. on 14:14 - Nov 3 by ronsonmg

MyMoney, I`ve been watching the Mighty Pool since the sixtys and saw the Burns, Suddick, Green and Hutchison midfield and that was the best one I`ve seen until the Prem team with Adam and Vaughn in. And yes I`m well aware that Koko can`t open his purse with out having a heart attack. But all this team needs is a decent addition or two in midfield, who, I honestly don`t know, maybe Cubero when fit will be enough, we`ll find out when he plays.

Looking at the situation he finds himself in, Clark will have wished he'd been sacked at Birmingham in September and got this job half a dozen games ago. Even if we'd secured two more wins in those games it would have given us a fighting chance. I really believe if we don't get one win in the next two games then it's Goodnight Vienna!

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024