Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga 19:39 - Nov 5 with 14318 viewsBFCSupportersTrust

Representatives of the BST committee have been invited by Chris Nathanial to meet with Jose Riga to discuss the background to his departure from BFC.

The meeting is expected to take place in the next 7 days. The venue and timing of the meeting cannot at this stage be confirmed.

As we have been invited to meet with Jose as representatives of all BFC fans we would like to collate a list of questions that any fan ( whether BST member or not ) might wish to submit to us and shortlist those we deem the most suitable to put to Jose. Of course it must be appreciated we cannot guarantee that each and every question submitted will be asked as we will need to vet the questions and don’t at this stage know how much time we will be allowed.

Following the meeting BST will publish a full transcript of the discussions that take place on our website and circulate this on social media.

Any questions must be submitted to secretary@blackpoolsupporterstrust.org by 5pm Sunday 9th November 2014. Questions posed on social media only will not be short listed so do please email them to us.

We look forward to receiving your submissions.

Up the Pool.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:03 - Nov 10 with 1459 viewswe_are_Superior

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 11:11 - Nov 10 by tangerinedom

Gazette have jumped on the bandwagon - shame they can't be arsed doing stuff like this themselves but they're just too scared to upset anyone!

ose Riga has promised to tell his side of the story to a group of Blackpool fans this week, following his exit as manager a fortnight ago.

The Belgian has agreed to meet members of the Blackpool Supporters Trust to answer questions and reveal the extent of his difficulties in the Pool job.

BST have been asked to keep the time and place of the meeting under wraps, though it is set to take place within the next 24 hours.

Trust chairman Tim Fielding said: “A lot of Jose’s time at the club was shrouded in secrecy, so it will be interesting to hear his side of the story.

“We’ve heard plenty from Karl Oyston on the matter, so it will be good to get a balance.”

The meeting was arranged following a Twitter message by Riga’s agent. Fielding explained: “We saw a tweet promising Riga would speak to fans, so we got in touch to offer to host it.

“It’s a unique chance for us to hear an ex-manager’s view and we are looking forward to it.”

Look out for a full report on the meeting in your Gazette this week.

The Gazette would never do anything to risk their cosy relationship with the Gazette!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:18 - Nov 10 with 1407 viewsWizaard

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:03 - Nov 10 by we_are_Superior

The Gazette would never do anything to risk their cosy relationship with the Gazette!

"The Gazette would never do anything to risk their cosy relationship with the Gazette!"

Now that's cosy

Think you mean the Oystons
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 18:57 - Nov 10 with 1347 viewsKOSBowlCut

After what we've read about the pillock of a Club Secretary - ask him did he expect players to be signed and ready and was it Chris Hough's complete incompetence that lead to us having so few subs for the first game?

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:47 - Nov 10 with 1314 viewsTejas

I’ve always found Karl Oyston to be disingenuous when explaining the chaos of the last few seasons. This personal view is based on his public interviews, and the consistent criticism levelled at him by his previously employed managers (all of whom were selected by him) and all of who appear to complain of similar issues. So for me, he’s either an incompetent (or disinterested) recruiter of football managers, or does indeed posses the “divisive nature” many fans suspect. Either way, I for one would love to have more insight to the truth and previous managers have disappointed in their post employment feedback (not wishing to get into the gagging order debate!). JR’s offer therefore is very welcome to me, and hats off to those Pool fans that sacrifice their own time and effort to arrange and conduct such things. As for the Gazette, people should consider its limitations. It's a small provincial newspaper with a small budget and a strategy to report "safe" low key local issues. Expecting them to take on the Oystons and their bank of lawyers is asking for too much.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:55 - Nov 11 with 1216 viewsArchibaldKnox

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:47 - Nov 10 by Tejas

I’ve always found Karl Oyston to be disingenuous when explaining the chaos of the last few seasons. This personal view is based on his public interviews, and the consistent criticism levelled at him by his previously employed managers (all of whom were selected by him) and all of who appear to complain of similar issues. So for me, he’s either an incompetent (or disinterested) recruiter of football managers, or does indeed posses the “divisive nature” many fans suspect. Either way, I for one would love to have more insight to the truth and previous managers have disappointed in their post employment feedback (not wishing to get into the gagging order debate!). JR’s offer therefore is very welcome to me, and hats off to those Pool fans that sacrifice their own time and effort to arrange and conduct such things. As for the Gazette, people should consider its limitations. It's a small provincial newspaper with a small budget and a strategy to report "safe" low key local issues. Expecting them to take on the Oystons and their bank of lawyers is asking for too much.

KO's latest pronouncement on the matter from the Gazette column, I understand...

"I've been informed Jose Riga met with a number of Blackpool supporters last night to talk about his time at Bloomfield Road.

Jose signed a contract with us and I think he should have a read of it.

There are two sides to every story and I'm not inclined to respond but at some point in the future I'll almost certainly come out and give full details of everything which has gone on. Ordinarily, I wouldn't bother but I think it's important people know some of the antics which Jose and his agent were up to this summer.

Some of the more unsavoury sides of football certainly showed it's head in what happened."

So what is this? Threats, it appears? Of a legal nature or just low-grade slurs on Riga's character? It does look as if the legal option for KO would be on thin ice, hence the threat of slurs as well. Slander is also a defamation that can be pursued in the courts. Better be careful what you say, KO. I am sure Riga has lawyers too. And in his case there may be quite a few people who might chip in to his fighting fund to get it into court and put you in the witness stand.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:28 - Nov 11 with 1193 viewsTejas

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:55 - Nov 11 by ArchibaldKnox

KO's latest pronouncement on the matter from the Gazette column, I understand...

"I've been informed Jose Riga met with a number of Blackpool supporters last night to talk about his time at Bloomfield Road.

Jose signed a contract with us and I think he should have a read of it.

There are two sides to every story and I'm not inclined to respond but at some point in the future I'll almost certainly come out and give full details of everything which has gone on. Ordinarily, I wouldn't bother but I think it's important people know some of the antics which Jose and his agent were up to this summer.

Some of the more unsavoury sides of football certainly showed it's head in what happened."

So what is this? Threats, it appears? Of a legal nature or just low-grade slurs on Riga's character? It does look as if the legal option for KO would be on thin ice, hence the threat of slurs as well. Slander is also a defamation that can be pursued in the courts. Better be careful what you say, KO. I am sure Riga has lawyers too. And in his case there may be quite a few people who might chip in to his fighting fund to get it into court and put you in the witness stand.

“Jose signed a contract with us and I think he should have a read of it”. This is one of the more revealing comments to come out of Oyston in some time. It implies that all the theories about gagging orders are true. If Oyston is squeaky clean with nothing to hide, doing his best for the Club, then why does he need to stipulate within a contract a vow of silence? If Riga is guilty of the sins Oyston suggests, then why is Oyston citing the contract? Very interesting - roll on the feedback from the Riga meeting.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:26 - Nov 11 with 1162 viewsseasider13

So there is some form of gagging order in managers contracts, this is getting interesting.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:52 - Nov 11 with 1140 viewsArchibaldKnox

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:26 - Nov 11 by seasider13

So there is some form of gagging order in managers contracts, this is getting interesting.

The 'gagging clause' is likely to be in some fairly general language - a stipulation not to speak in a way that would 'bring the club into disrepute' or perhaps not to reveal club 'policy or workings' that might be an advantage to a competitor. Probably fairly generalised so that KO could invoke it to cover most anything he wanted. And to be fair, terms that are probably common with most professional football clubs.

However, if Mr Riga is telling the truth about matters that may be of interest to other shareholders, then its difficult to see why KO would want to risk taking it to court. He might issue a gagging writ, or even perhaps a superinjunction to prevent journalists reporting the comments. But that is a very, very expensive process. I think this is all noise and bluster from KO with little behind it. He threatens but rarely, if ever (?), carries through.

And as Bart de Roover never signed a contract I doubt he could be gagged. Gosh, I hope he was at the BST meeting as well. We will soon know. Looking forward to the next few issues of the Daily Mail for the first time in my life...
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 16:01]
Login to get fewer ads

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:14 - Nov 11 with 1114 viewsTangent

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 08:45 - Nov 6 by brassedoff

I hope BST don't fawn over this guy too much - he's old news and I don't think contributed to this club one jot!

The present owners of the club are old news and we "KNOW" they haven't contributed to the club one jot for a number of years. I'll take Riga's truth and professionalism over KO's lies any day.

Edited for clarity.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 16:42]

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:17 - Nov 11 with 1111 viewstde74

I'd be a little bit wary of painting Riga is completely whiter than white in all this. Not saying he isn't but ... things are rarely as black and white as some seem to think.

They might be, of course. The rumours might just be tittle-tattle from the Oyston camp.

This post has been edited by an administrator
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:21 - Nov 11 with 1100 viewsDavid53

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:17 - Nov 11 by tde74

I'd be a little bit wary of painting Riga is completely whiter than white in all this. Not saying he isn't but ... things are rarely as black and white as some seem to think.

They might be, of course. The rumours might just be tittle-tattle from the Oyston camp.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Where does the assumption of Rigas "truth and integrity" come from?
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:47 - Nov 11 with 1061 viewsArchibaldKnox

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:21 - Nov 11 by David53

Which of us are making the "assumptions"? I think most of us have been fairly open-minded.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:56 - Nov 11 with 1044 viewsDavid53

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:47 - Nov 11 by ArchibaldKnox

Which of us are making the "assumptions"? I think most of us have been fairly open-minded.

See Tangents post above (since been edited)
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:59 - Nov 11 with 1035 viewsTejas

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:21 - Nov 11 by David53

There are no assumptions and I don't believe anyone is painting Riga as "whiter than white". It's simply an alternative view to the one presented by Oyston. I'm very puzzled as to why some people wouldn't welcome that. Let's hear what he has to say for goodness sake.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 17:14 - Nov 11 with 1017 viewsDavid53

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:59 - Nov 11 by Tejas

There are no assumptions and I don't believe anyone is painting Riga as "whiter than white". It's simply an alternative view to the one presented by Oyston. I'm very puzzled as to why some people wouldn't welcome that. Let's hear what he has to say for goodness sake.

Exactly - lets hear what he has to say. I am somewhat surprised that some of you don't regard " I'll take Rigas truth and integrity (edit professionalism) over Oystons any day" as an assumption.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 17:14 - Nov 11 with 1017 viewstde74

Oyston hasn't presented an alternative view beyond a few vague bibblings in the Gazette. It's not a case of not wanting to hear what Riga has to say, but it's a futile exercise. I'd rather BST invested their energies towards most constructive endeavours such as finding a viable alternative owner, but I realise I'm just one voice. We've got to collectively get past the self-pitying stage eventually though.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 17:26 - Nov 11 with 997 viewsTwelveAngryMen

VB has said in his Mail piece that he's identified a suitable partner who is interested in joining him in acquiring the Club if its assets ie stadium are included
Bizarrely many seem to have missed that - as I recall I don't think it was in the Gazette's take on it
As for the meeting with Riga we are talking about the time of 3 committee members ( all of whom were already in London ) and a few texts with his agent to arrange followed by the time it takes to type up the notes for circulation
Hardly a waste of resources

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 17:32 - Nov 11 with 991 viewstde74

That VB was making noises along those lines is news to me. Is he the only alternative though? Is he serious? I don't know.

If something tangible and constructive comes out of the Riga meeting, fair enough, hats off.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 17:41 - Nov 11 with 974 viewsTwelveAngryMen

We will see re Riga
You can only ask the questions which was difficult in some respects as I understand it because of Jose's preferred approach
As we speak I haven't yet seen the minutes so it's difficult to comment further
They should be out there tomorrow as ( so I am told ) will be the media interviews

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:06 - Nov 11 with 934 viewsBFC_Tim

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 17:41 - Nov 11 by TwelveAngryMen

We will see re Riga
You can only ask the questions which was difficult in some respects as I understand it because of Jose's preferred approach
As we speak I haven't yet seen the minutes so it's difficult to comment further
They should be out there tomorrow as ( so I am told ) will be the media interviews

TAM - you had much media interest other than the Gazette wanting to cover it?

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:47 - Nov 11 with 868 viewsTwelveAngryMen

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:06 - Nov 11 by BFC_Tim

TAM - you had much media interest other than the Gazette wanting to cover it?

The Mail and The Guardian had interviews and I understand their pieces go live at 10pm
Sky Sports interviewed Jose which goes out tomorrow
Football Focus were also there - I assume that will go out Sat
No idea what was said to any of them
We are starting emailing members from 1015pm They have to be done in batches to avoid being treated as spam so not everyone will necessarily receive tonight
It will however be on our website for then and in the Gazette tomorrow

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:50 - Nov 11 with 846 viewsterminallytangerine

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:47 - Nov 11 by TwelveAngryMen

The Mail and The Guardian had interviews and I understand their pieces go live at 10pm
Sky Sports interviewed Jose which goes out tomorrow
Football Focus were also there - I assume that will go out Sat
No idea what was said to any of them
We are starting emailing members from 1015pm They have to be done in batches to avoid being treated as spam so not everyone will necessarily receive tonight
It will however be on our website for then and in the Gazette tomorrow

Not a lot new but personally I think it was worth the effort, so well done BST.

As ordinary supporters we only see the tip of the iceberg so any insights into how the club could move forward are welcome.

I look forward to the day when the positive things again outweigh the negative, and when the club can be seen in a better light.

We are at a low point now but these things come in cycles and one day our pride will be restored.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:00 - Nov 11 with 840 viewsTwelveAngryMen

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:50 - Nov 11 by terminallytangerine

Not a lot new but personally I think it was worth the effort, so well done BST.

As ordinary supporters we only see the tip of the iceberg so any insights into how the club could move forward are welcome.

I look forward to the day when the positive things again outweigh the negative, and when the club can be seen in a better light.

We are at a low point now but these things come in cycles and one day our pride will be restored.

Here here TT

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 10:52 - Nov 12 with 795 viewstangerinedom

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:00 - Nov 11 by TwelveAngryMen

Here here TT

Is the BST piece anywhere? So this was a meeting between Jose, supporters and Riga?
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 11:35 - Nov 12 with 788 viewsTwelveAngryMen

There's a separate thread on it further down the page

#footballfirst

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024