Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City 16:43 - Nov 6 with 2813 viewsqprphil

How do we think this will go, could be a good time to be playing them. Also do we make room for any of the guys coming back from injury. Oh to be a manager.!!!!!!!!!
Man City on 16:00 - Nov 7 with 536 viewsqprphil

Man City on 14:13 - Nov 7 by GroveR

I praise Karl Henry through gritted teeth but praise where it's due - I wouldn't drop him for Barton for this game as that Toure is a beast but can be got at if he's shut out of the game and I'd say Henry will be a lot more effective at that job than Barton.

It would be a right touch if Kompany misses out as I'd say he's pound-for-pound the best centre-half in this league. It's evident how much they miss him when you look at what Bothroyd did to Matic (or whoever that lad was who played in the 2-3 a couple of years back). Boyata would be a good replacement from our perspective as I'd expect Zamora to give him a proper punishment pegging.

Got to agree with GroveR, I think it would send out the wrong message to those who have waited for there chance, and have performed admirably. Barton will no doubt get his chance at some point, but I also feel Henry will be better at getting at Toure. The only difficult one for me is Ned, as he is one of our better defenders, and when you think of there forward players, I think a bit of pace and tackling ability maybe needed from him, instead of Isla, or is that a bit harsh?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 16:02]
Man City on 16:14 - Nov 7 with 520 viewsPinnerPaul

Man City on 16:00 - Nov 7 by qprphil

Got to agree with GroveR, I think it would send out the wrong message to those who have waited for there chance, and have performed admirably. Barton will no doubt get his chance at some point, but I also feel Henry will be better at getting at Toure. The only difficult one for me is Ned, as he is one of our better defenders, and when you think of there forward players, I think a bit of pace and tackling ability maybe needed from him, instead of Isla, or is that a bit harsh?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 16:02]

Don't agree re Barton but not harsh at all re Ned, just that I would play Ned and move Isla up to wing back, where, despite improved showing v Villa & Chelsea in a back four, he is far more comfortable.
Man City on 17:23 - Nov 7 with 492 viewsrsonist

Start with same side as vs Villa - Bobby up front and Vargas on the right. Would give Isla the nod over Ned at right back but move him up once Bobby has to come off.

Barton returning also gives us an extra option of decent crosses from the right side I reckon.

Feel like Fer's due a long range piledriver.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024