Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if only….. 22:45 - Nov 8 with 1786 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

… we could have started at four o'clock today, we might have got something.

After Wednesday's mini-heroics, I think many of us were hoping for something similar today. Alas, within minutes it was clear that we were going to get something far less palatable. Leeds are by no means a good side, but in the first half today we made them look like world beaters. The warning signs were there for all to see from practically the first minute, and once we fell behind it was pretty clear it was going to be a long afternoon.

I have to say that their second goal was beautifully conceived and executed, but the fact remains it started in their penalty box, went right down the middle of the pitch and was scored without us getting anywhere near stopping it. We have to be stronger than that, but we merely compounded the situation by handing them a third on a plate, failing to stop a cross at source, and then Dunne both missed a clearance and seemed to deflect the ball in. It was awful to watch.

The second half was better. I'm sure they eased off a bit, but we were quicker, had more of the ball and moved it with more urgency than we had in the first half. We had to take chances, and therefore were dangerously stretched at times, but we just about deserved the goal we got.

I'd absolve the keeper from any blame, and he made some good saves. The rest have to take a long look in the mirror.

Support - a bit low on numbers, quiet in the first half, defiantly noisy in the second half. You tend to find out who is in for the long haul at times like this, and we need to continue to do our bit.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

if only….. on 23:00 - Nov 8 with 1749 viewswe_are_Superior

I think that was the refreshing thing about Wednesday BRR - we took the game by the scruff of the neck - all too frequently we start at a low tempo and allow teams to impose themselves on us. I did say on here at 1-0 down we were crying out for half time - had we have just kept it tight then who knows ...

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

if only….. on 23:13 - Nov 8 with 1724 viewsterminallytangerine

I hate to say it but Leeds in the first half were playing some lovely football at the sort of tempo we can only aspire to at the moment.

We looked better in the second half with O'Hara being one of our positives but by then the damage had been done.

That haunting tangerine army chant was classy and is the sort of support we need to be giving for the rest of the season. Well done to today's choir in the face of some deluded nostalgic imaginative but loud at times Yorkies.

Edit to say it was Foley last season against QPR (rather than O'Shea, O'Hara, O'Bugger-one-or-th-other).
[Post edited 8 Nov 2014 23:14]
if only….. on 23:30 - Nov 8 with 1697 viewsBISONS

Do you think when you write your piece on our relegation you'll be laying the blame at the players, manager or chairmans door?

The lack of support for the manager has always been there, even under Holloway and before him Grayson until Belokon stepped in with a little investment.

We have a poor squad of waifs and strays and still you expect them to compete game after game. This is where your limited knowledge stands out, especially when you don't know your own personal limitations you feel the right to question others.

Clark has seen 3 games and persists with the 2 youngsters, lundstram and Dunne, both way out of their depth at this level albeit the weakest championship for a long while and has also played the ineffectual Orlandi. I'm a little bemused as to where he's left Rentmeister, a player who was looking increasingly comfortable alongside Daniels.

For all his bluster, Clark has started where he left off with Birmingham with bizarre player selections and we haven't yet showed that they are playing any better for the new man. Defensively weaker, midfield all over the place and a lumbering forward line.

A midfield of O'Hara and Cubero alongside another with Legear and the young canary and Ranger in the centre. A flat back four of a new right back, Rentmeister, Daniels and Oriol would be my team. Its all a bit of a lost cause anyway Captain Oyston has scuttled the ship.
if only….. on 23:43 - Nov 8 with 1678 viewsPlumbs

Only one team in it who-like they've done nearly every home game this season- let the visiting team back into it after taking the initiative.
We'll only be a mid table side this season but the Seasiders are becoming a pale shadow of the team who played under Ollie.Why they're signing wasters like Miller is inexcusable with the money they've made,but would explain why the train over was busy with Leeds fans from the Fylde Coast area.The owners at BFC always let the club down and have done so for generations,which is an open secret thats been proven once again.

Seasiders going down with a whimper unless the Os do the right thing.

*well done BST for the effort in getting out that banner.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

if only….. on 23:53 - Nov 8 with 1658 viewsterminallytangerine

if only….. on 23:30 - Nov 8 by BISONS

Do you think when you write your piece on our relegation you'll be laying the blame at the players, manager or chairmans door?

The lack of support for the manager has always been there, even under Holloway and before him Grayson until Belokon stepped in with a little investment.

We have a poor squad of waifs and strays and still you expect them to compete game after game. This is where your limited knowledge stands out, especially when you don't know your own personal limitations you feel the right to question others.

Clark has seen 3 games and persists with the 2 youngsters, lundstram and Dunne, both way out of their depth at this level albeit the weakest championship for a long while and has also played the ineffectual Orlandi. I'm a little bemused as to where he's left Rentmeister, a player who was looking increasingly comfortable alongside Daniels.

For all his bluster, Clark has started where he left off with Birmingham with bizarre player selections and we haven't yet showed that they are playing any better for the new man. Defensively weaker, midfield all over the place and a lumbering forward line.

A midfield of O'Hara and Cubero alongside another with Legear and the young canary and Ranger in the centre. A flat back four of a new right back, Rentmeister, Daniels and Oriol would be my team. Its all a bit of a lost cause anyway Captain Oyston has scuttled the ship.

At the moment our priority is not to blame who has got us into this mess but to look for a solution out of it. I have no political ask to grind re Riga as I was keen for him to be appointed and unlike some who judge things only for the amount of egg it puts on the Oystons face, was gutted at the thought of losing Riga within weeks of his appointment. Clearly though it was not working under him and he also could be accused of bizarre team selections as at Huddersfield and Reading. Thanks to Clark's contacts in the game we now do have a new right back (signed from Hull, albeit temporarily) and O'Hara as a midfield option we didn't have before.

You may well be right about it being a little too late already but I don't think I would be feeling more confident if JR was still in charge.

A game of opinions though IMHO hand-wringing over a sacked manager is wasted energy.
if only….. on 00:06 - Nov 9 with 1642 viewsAlainBstard

If only we had a squad ready for pre-season
If only we had kept the nucleus of our team together
If only we had brought some decent players in before the start of the season
If only we had a club with a clear vision and target to aim for
If only the club's owners would reinvest some of the club profits
If only there was any indication whatsoever that KOKO thought his customers were worth respect
THEN BFC would still be worth all our support

If only you could see this BRR then you might just understand what the problem really is
if only….. on 00:25 - Nov 9 with 1627 viewsPNENIL

I dont know how your going to keep these match reports up for another 6 months robbie. We are so woefully under prepared for this league and for this season that its embarrassing.
I notice you have a little dig at the end about who's in it for the long haul. Well when you get someone like Curryman walking out at half time today, I think that says it all. Everyone is just sick to the back teeth of it all.
if only….. on 10:24 - Nov 9 with 1457 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

if only….. on 00:25 - Nov 9 by PNENIL

I dont know how your going to keep these match reports up for another 6 months robbie. We are so woefully under prepared for this league and for this season that its embarrassing.
I notice you have a little dig at the end about who's in it for the long haul. Well when you get someone like Curryman walking out at half time today, I think that says it all. Everyone is just sick to the back teeth of it all.

I think it's a bit rich having a go at me for having "a dig". You're the one who hijacked a match report to get back to the same old agenda, the only one that you want to talk about, it seems. Sometimes, some of us like to talk about the football, rather than the politics.

Login to get fewer ads

if only….. on 11:01 - Nov 9 with 1434 viewsTang67

if only….. on 10:24 - Nov 9 by basilrobbiereborn

I think it's a bit rich having a go at me for having "a dig". You're the one who hijacked a match report to get back to the same old agenda, the only one that you want to talk about, it seems. Sometimes, some of us like to talk about the football, rather than the politics.

Fair point you write about the football well Robbie - I was on call so listened on radio lancs and agree second half we made more of it but the damage hade been done .
This is a team lacking the cohesion ,purpose and ability to compete in this league . I don't blame Clarke any more than I did Riga
Robbie you do have a dig at some of the support and if you are going to make such remarks in the current febrile vibe you will attract an anti Oyston post or two
Still good to have debate but it's going to be a slog this season and I reckon in terms of debate , the mercury will continue rising

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

if only….. on 11:19 - Nov 9 with 1421 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

if only….. on 11:01 - Nov 9 by Tang67

Fair point you write about the football well Robbie - I was on call so listened on radio lancs and agree second half we made more of it but the damage hade been done .
This is a team lacking the cohesion ,purpose and ability to compete in this league . I don't blame Clarke any more than I did Riga
Robbie you do have a dig at some of the support and if you are going to make such remarks in the current febrile vibe you will attract an anti Oyston post or two
Still good to have debate but it's going to be a slog this season and I reckon in terms of debate , the mercury will continue rising

Tang67

good balanced post that and you make some fair points.

On the "digging out" issue, I'm not moderating anymore and therefore don't feel under any obligation to just meekly accept some of the shite that is thrown my way. I give out only a fraction of what I receive, and can't help noticing that the people who dish out the most stick to others are the ones who squeal like stuck pigs when they get a bit in return.

if only….. on 11:25 - Nov 9 with 1413 viewsPlumbs

if only….. on 11:39 - Nov 9 with 1391 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

if only….. on 11:25 - Nov 9 by Plumbs

You look different without make up Plumbs.

if only….. on 12:37 - Nov 9 with 1339 viewsTang67

if only….. on 11:39 - Nov 9 by basilrobbiereborn

Off to make a bacon butty (all of a sudden just fancy one)
No problem with heated debate - it's how it should be

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

if only….. on 14:23 - Nov 9 with 1274 viewsPlumbs

if only….. on 11:39 - Nov 9 by basilrobbiereborn

Just as cute though Bazbob (winky smiley)

I do think you're being a tad indigenous with the squealing like pigs comment though,mind you its not often someone compares fellow fans to our curly tailed country bacon butty providers.

Keep yer chin up but I think relegation is nailed on,which means I'll be able to take in a few Pool games again next season (rolls eyes)
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 14:23]

if only….. on 18:18 - Nov 9 with 1186 viewsTHEMISSINGLINK

we'd all love to talk about the football brb,unfortunately under the current regime there isn't any to talk about,a farce on the field a national joke off it, do you not think it's time you woke up and smelled the coffee?

incidentally I will always support blackpool fc ,no matter what league we are in, but it is time these owners were hounded in necessary out of this club. I first watched blackpool in 1958 and this current shambles is i'm afraid to say the worst I've seen and gives me no hope for the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024