Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? 09:51 - Nov 10 with 1913 viewsstraightatthewall

This accusation was levelled at Riga and Clark has already been allowed to bring in 4 new players on top of the squad Riga was working with.

Stands to reason that he's not doing something he should. Right?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 09:54 - Nov 10 with 1912 viewsclarkestattoo

Think it's a bit early for Clark and be interesting to see his team for Bolton after two weeks rest and two behind closed doors games. Effectively, for me, Clark did what Riga did at Reading and Hudsersfield and relied on what decent Championship sides look for which is a weak spot - our left back spot has killed us all season and is where I'd start.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 10:52 - Nov 10 with 1898 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Someone made the comment recently that we hadn't invested enough but then went on to say sides like Fleetwood and Rochdale on 2,500 gates would currently beat us.

I think it's unlikely that either have spent more than us as wages are lower than in the Championship so it shows that other (non-monetary) factors also aren't right at our club at the moment. What did the Evatts, Southerns, GTFs, Baptistes etc. (all players picked up cheap from or whilst at lower league status) possess that our current crop don't?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 10:57]
Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 11:22 - Nov 10 with 1874 viewsstraightatthewall

Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 10:52 - Nov 10 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Someone made the comment recently that we hadn't invested enough but then went on to say sides like Fleetwood and Rochdale on 2,500 gates would currently beat us.

I think it's unlikely that either have spent more than us as wages are lower than in the Championship so it shows that other (non-monetary) factors also aren't right at our club at the moment. What did the Evatts, Southerns, GTFs, Baptistes etc. (all players picked up cheap from or whilst at lower league status) possess that our current crop don't?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 10:57]

All 3 of the players mentioned - plus many others - joined us (or at least thrived) when Belekon started to fund the rise up the leagues. Plus, I'm willing to bet they were on more straightforward deals where they got less wedge than some of the current squad can POTENTIALLY earn, but they earnt regularly and with the added security of a 2-3 year deal. This will always encourage a player to 'buy in' at a club.

Oh and Evo and Gnashers joined us from clubs higher up the league.

What you seem to have forgotten in recent times - or you're a superb WUM (still to make up my mind to be honest) - is that that what is happening now is no different to how we were going when Hendry was manager. A downwards spiral dictated by the constraints placed on the club by the owners. The only difference this time is that TV gives us miles more money so our yearly budget is bigger and we can also see quite clearly that money is not only not being spent, but also being siphoned away to other Oyston owned businesses.

Ince summed it up brilliantly yesterday and it was something I saw coming a long time ago. Our 'unique' model can only work for so long and even then the true nature of how and why it was working needs to be understood.

We spent our way to success. OK, we didn't do it in a megabucks style, but we essentially bought better players and gave them reasonable contracts.

As soon as we got rid of those players - the rot can be pinpointed to September 1 2012 - and you start to consistently bring in people new to the club and there's no redeeming features to offset Karl, then you're screwed. You have a bunch of players with no motivation, no long term security and no affinity to the club. We are where we are through the result of a deliberate mis-management. Nothing more, nothing less.

But still, I'd like to know whether (or perhaps that should be when) it becomes Clark's fault.

Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 16:04 - Nov 10 with 1833 viewsMephistopheles

Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 11:22 - Nov 10 by straightatthewall

All 3 of the players mentioned - plus many others - joined us (or at least thrived) when Belekon started to fund the rise up the leagues. Plus, I'm willing to bet they were on more straightforward deals where they got less wedge than some of the current squad can POTENTIALLY earn, but they earnt regularly and with the added security of a 2-3 year deal. This will always encourage a player to 'buy in' at a club.

Oh and Evo and Gnashers joined us from clubs higher up the league.

What you seem to have forgotten in recent times - or you're a superb WUM (still to make up my mind to be honest) - is that that what is happening now is no different to how we were going when Hendry was manager. A downwards spiral dictated by the constraints placed on the club by the owners. The only difference this time is that TV gives us miles more money so our yearly budget is bigger and we can also see quite clearly that money is not only not being spent, but also being siphoned away to other Oyston owned businesses.

Ince summed it up brilliantly yesterday and it was something I saw coming a long time ago. Our 'unique' model can only work for so long and even then the true nature of how and why it was working needs to be understood.

We spent our way to success. OK, we didn't do it in a megabucks style, but we essentially bought better players and gave them reasonable contracts.

As soon as we got rid of those players - the rot can be pinpointed to September 1 2012 - and you start to consistently bring in people new to the club and there's no redeeming features to offset Karl, then you're screwed. You have a bunch of players with no motivation, no long term security and no affinity to the club. We are where we are through the result of a deliberate mis-management. Nothing more, nothing less.

But still, I'd like to know whether (or perhaps that should be when) it becomes Clark's fault.

I agree with SATW and cannot wait for it all to become Clark's fault that he brought in a bunch of useless nobodies whilst overlooking Messi who only has a buyout clause of £1billion.

On the BHOK issue I believe he/she started by backing the wrong horse and is furiously back-pedalling by posting obvious (but really bad) wind-ups.

That or he is you Potts you sicko..
Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 16:34 - Nov 10 with 1819 viewsstraightatthewall

Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 16:04 - Nov 10 by Mephistopheles

I agree with SATW and cannot wait for it all to become Clark's fault that he brought in a bunch of useless nobodies whilst overlooking Messi who only has a buyout clause of £1billion.

On the BHOK issue I believe he/she started by backing the wrong horse and is furiously back-pedalling by posting obvious (but really bad) wind-ups.

That or he is you Potts you sicko..

I can't have another alter-ego...

Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 08:59 - Nov 11 with 1769 viewswe_are_Superior

Is Clark getting enough out of the players at his disposal? on 16:34 - Nov 10 by straightatthewall

I can't have another alter-ego...

I think he's come in to a near impossible position. If we were now after the August international break and we were only six games in then I think he would be approaching it differently but he's stuck in a place where we need wins. He does need to sort out the midfield though and my heart will sink against Bolton if a certain Everton Loanee is still in the side.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024