Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hello/Tom Carroll 02:54 - Nov 14 with 4736 viewsLAKiM

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member/say a bit about myself and then get a few opinions on something that I've been thinking about lately. I'm from the US and so far I've been very impressed and happy with the season thus far (albeit disappointed about our results against Stoke and Newcastle). And while I can't say I was supporting the Swans (or following football) back in the lower league days I can say I love this club.

Now to the second part, I've been fairly impressed with Carroll and what he's brought to the side and I was wondering if any of you know anything about any clauses allowing us to purchase him or think we should try to make him a permanent member after this season?
Hello/Tom Carroll on 23:24 - Nov 14 with 1021 viewsSwan91

Hello/Tom Carroll on 09:32 - Nov 14 by WarwickHunt

Innit. A decent second half and he's Iniesta...

Looks like he could develop into a very good player - hope we have an option to buy at a fixed price, bit of a pointless loan otherwise.

I disagree with the pointless loan part. We have a midfielder on loan who looks like is able to contribute to the squad. We probably didnt pay much for the loan aswell (totenham see their player have PL experience), so definitly cheaper option than buying a player.

And with this extra money that they would have because of the loan, they are able to spend it in different areas of the club. And im sure the scouts will spend this season looking for midfielders to fit into our system next season. I would like for him to come here and play in brittons position once he has retired (or starting to slow down) but who knows we might find someone better instead.

The club have great ways of doing business in finding cheap players and also buying in the transfer market.
Hello/Tom Carroll on 00:25 - Nov 15 with 984 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Welcome aboard! Do you have any kind of connection to Swansea or Wales, or did you fall for them randomly like I did?

Like Carroll OK, but prefer our other options at DM at this point. And his lack of size concerns me a bit. We seem to have the smallest team in the PL as it is.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Hello/Tom Carroll on 01:10 - Nov 15 with 971 viewsLAKiM

Hello/Tom Carroll on 00:25 - Nov 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

Welcome aboard! Do you have any kind of connection to Swansea or Wales, or did you fall for them randomly like I did?

Like Carroll OK, but prefer our other options at DM at this point. And his lack of size concerns me a bit. We seem to have the smallest team in the PL as it is.

Just kinda gravitated to the club, they play arguably the best football in the PL in terms of style and the story of the club is fascinating. Not to mention that regardless of how you feel about HJ the club is incredibly well run in a very smart and sustainable manner.

And I keep hearing the statistic that we are the team that has crossed the least so I think as long as we've got size up top and at the back I'm not too worried tbh. Plus I feel Ki is starting to become a bit more of an all-action midfielder and is starting to tackle/contest aerial balls more so it's not a huge deal for him to be partnered smaller like Carroll or Britton.
Hello/Tom Carroll on 02:02 - Nov 15 with 954 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Hello/Tom Carroll on 01:10 - Nov 15 by LAKiM

Just kinda gravitated to the club, they play arguably the best football in the PL in terms of style and the story of the club is fascinating. Not to mention that regardless of how you feel about HJ the club is incredibly well run in a very smart and sustainable manner.

And I keep hearing the statistic that we are the team that has crossed the least so I think as long as we've got size up top and at the back I'm not too worried tbh. Plus I feel Ki is starting to become a bit more of an all-action midfielder and is starting to tackle/contest aerial balls more so it's not a huge deal for him to be partnered smaller like Carroll or Britton.

Exactly the same for me. I wear my white Swans shirt all the time in Dallas and occasionally get questions about what drew me to them, since Americans PL fans all seem to only gravitate to the big name teams. I tell them, besides the novelty of being the only non-English team, it's the greatest rags-to-riches story in pro sports, and currently a very fun team to watch. I'm hoping we gain more converts as the PL's popularity grows (thank you NBC).
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 2:06]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Hello/Tom Carroll on 02:27 - Nov 15 with 944 viewsLAKiM

Hello/Tom Carroll on 02:02 - Nov 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

Exactly the same for me. I wear my white Swans shirt all the time in Dallas and occasionally get questions about what drew me to them, since Americans PL fans all seem to only gravitate to the big name teams. I tell them, besides the novelty of being the only non-English team, it's the greatest rags-to-riches story in pro sports, and currently a very fun team to watch. I'm hoping we gain more converts as the PL's popularity grows (thank you NBC).
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 2:06]

Will definitely be happening, though I think it will happen at a much slower pace than even that of Southampton and Everton if my friends are anything to go based off of (I can saw the interest in the PL is growing at a crazy rate though which is pretty awesome). And I'm planning on finally getting a Dyer jersey soon so I plan on wearing that a lot too haha.
Hello/Tom Carroll on 11:49 - Nov 15 with 895 viewsSS11

Congratulations on falling for the best club to follow in the world. Jack Bastard.

Poll: Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024