Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who starts @ Man City? 17:11 - Nov 14 with 1980 viewskarnataka

After the great performance against Arsenal, there are probably 7 players who will be shoo-ins to start at the Etihad: Fabianski, Rangel, Williams, Taylor, Ki, Siggy, Montero.

With Fernandez probably not in contention and Routs & Dyer back to training, that would leave a possible 11 players in with a shout for the last 4 starting places.

1 from Bartley & Amat. Bartley did nothing wrong against Arsenal and Amat has been out for quite a while so probably Bartley for me as he looked capable of stepping up.

1 from Britton, Carroll & Shelvey. This is a difficult one. I'd like to see Britton back as the focal point of our team with Ki further forward but maybe a big game likethis is too soon, Carroll did very well against Arsenal but Man City will be tougher, Shelvey could do with a game on the bench and hopefully sort his head out. Hope Garry calls this one right but I can't.

1 from Dyer, Routledge, Emnes & Barrow. Asuming Dyer & Routs are fully fit, Emnes & Barrow would probably not be starters against such a strong side although I'd like to see Barrow getting game time in the last 20 minutes as he has frightening pace and that can unsettle even the best sides.

1 from Bony & Gomis. Apart from his goal, did Gomis do enough generally to get the shout in this one or is Wilf still numero uno against top teams?

Over to you Mr Monk!
Who starts @ Man City? on 17:24 - Nov 14 with 1949 viewsDarran

Britton if fit enough.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who starts @ Man City? on 17:48 - Nov 14 with 1915 viewsMrSwan

fabianski, rangel, bartley, williams, taylor, ki, carroll, routledge, gylfi, montero, gomis

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Who starts @ Man City? on 17:50 - Nov 14 with 1911 viewsSTEVE1

Who starts @ Man City? on 17:48 - Nov 14 by MrSwan

fabianski, rangel, bartley, williams, taylor, ki, carroll, routledge, gylfi, montero, gomis

I would replace Carroll with shelveyand Bartley with amat
Who starts @ Man City? on 23:12 - Nov 14 with 1745 viewsSwan91

----------------- Fabianski------------

Rangel-----Bartley-----Williams---- taylor

-----------------Ki-------britton--------

-----Routledge---Gylf------Montero----

-------------------Bony--------

Routledge if fit, if not then emnes again.
Shelvey is good but i feel ki doesnt give the ball away as much but still manages to do some nice passing. Would like to see the partnership between him and britton aswell. Shelvey still needs time to sort out his emotions on the pitch but seeing as how young he is, im sure they can sort it out.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2014 23:15]
Who starts @ Man City? on 23:16 - Nov 14 with 1734 viewsairedale

I'd play Shelvey instead of Britton or Carroll, need a bit of rough agin them methinks.
Who starts @ Man City? on 23:27 - Nov 14 with 1708 viewsNeathJack

Fabianski

Rangel....Bartley..Ash...Taylor

Ki...Shelvey

Dyer....Gylfi...Montero

Gomis

Don't see Leon quite being ready to start his one. Bartley deserves to keep his place after the Arsenal game but as well as Carroll did, he'll be bullied out of this game so Shelvey in for me.

Can't see Bony starting after his trip to Africa to Gomis gets the nod.

Routs is never as effective on the right side so Dyer to start.
Who starts @ Man City? on 23:39 - Nov 14 with 1692 viewsRancid

I don't think we'll have as much joy down the left handside as we did against Arsenal so Shelvey needs to come back in to offer us some creativity if we're going there to win.I'd be pleased to see NeathJacks line up.
Who starts @ Man City? on 03:23 - Nov 15 with 1618 viewsBilgolaSwan

-- Fabianski --

Rangel - Amat - Williams - Taylor
---------------- - Ki ---------------- -
------- - Shelvey - Siggy --------
Montero - -------------Routs
- Bony -
Login to get fewer ads

Who starts @ Man City? on 07:13 - Nov 15 with 1577 viewsorion3016

Who starts @ Man City? on 03:23 - Nov 15 by BilgolaSwan

-- Fabianski --

Rangel - Amat - Williams - Taylor
---------------- - Ki ---------------- -
------- - Shelvey - Siggy --------
Montero - -------------Routs
- Bony -

This apart from Bartley for amat, doubt monk would drop him after his performance against arsenal

Be over there now after

Who starts @ Man City? on 08:24 - Nov 15 with 1547 viewsMrSwerve

Who starts @ Man City? on 07:13 - Nov 15 by orion3016

This apart from Bartley for amat, doubt monk would drop him after his performance against arsenal

I'd also play Bony in the middle and not on the right side

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Who starts @ Man City? on 13:27 - Nov 15 with 1447 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Maybe a bit to soon for Britts & Amat .
Shelvey & Routledge back in for Carrol & Marv.

Gomis normally starts when Bony returns from international duty & rightly so after Bonys poor showing against Arsenal .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Who starts @ Man City? on 15:34 - Nov 15 with 1397 viewsJonathans_coat

Strange that Monk seems not to want to start Dyer and Montero, he would rather put Routledge on the right. Maybe he thinks they are too similar? Personally I would like to see how Dyer and Montero would pan out.
Who starts @ Man City? on 15:37 - Nov 15 with 1389 viewsairedale

Who starts @ Man City? on 15:34 - Nov 15 by Jonathans_coat

Strange that Monk seems not to want to start Dyer and Montero, he would rather put Routledge on the right. Maybe he thinks they are too similar? Personally I would like to see how Dyer and Montero would pan out.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. I've noticed though that really fast wingers tend to leave their team mates standing, and when they get to the business end they're on their own.
Who starts @ Man City? on 16:04 - Nov 15 with 1368 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Who starts @ Man City? on 13:27 - Nov 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

Maybe a bit to soon for Britts & Amat .
Shelvey & Routledge back in for Carrol & Marv.

Gomis normally starts when Bony returns from international duty & rightly so after Bonys poor showing against Arsenal .

Bony was suspended yesterday (still don't know why), so he may not be as worn out for Man City. I'm hoping Monk can start him.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Who starts @ Man City? on 18:24 - Nov 15 with 1287 viewsJonathans_coat

Who starts @ Man City? on 15:37 - Nov 15 by airedale

Yeah, I wondered about that too. I've noticed though that really fast wingers tend to leave their team mates standing, and when they get to the business end they're on their own.

I think it would mess with the "balance" of the team, but really Routledge is wasted on the right.
Who starts @ Man City? on 22:00 - Nov 15 with 1195 viewsmidswan

Wasted? This is a player who has almost exlusively played his entire career on the right prior to moving here....so hardly a position he doesn't know is it? If anything just shows how versatile he has become,plays left,right and occasionally middle.I don't/cant recall Jeff/Nath/Scotty/Pablo etc playing all the positions above so frequently.
He will be just as good on the right I reckon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024