Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA cup draw numbers 17:52 - Dec 8 with 11889 viewsPlazex

Seeing as they wont display them in screen, here they are. We are 38.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30279875

Poll: Where will we finish?

FA cup draw numbers on 22:36 - Dec 8 with 2736 viewsmysonsarejacks

FA cup draw numbers on 21:48 - Dec 8 by jackrabbit

The only time I was in the Manor Ground was to see an England v WALES schoolboy match where one of my boys ( I ran the school football team) played for WALES - we lost. I never saw the Swans play there, or indeed Oxford.

However I take issue with your comment about the Jeremy Charles link with Oxford Utd. He starred for them in some Wembley final/playoff - not sure what it was, but I know he is still revered by Oxford Utd fans. I had the pleasure of meeting him in a golf society in Oxford a year or so ago, and I could tell he was held in high esteem by some of the other golfers who were local to the area. He was still recognisable as the man who slotted home the winning goal at Deepdale in 1981 to take us into the First Division for the first time. Hair was a bit - ...lot, whiter but unmistakeably him. Great man.

The final was the Milk Cup (League Cup) 1986.

2 mins 50 in for the Charles goal. Worth watching to at least 6mins in for one of my favourite football moments ever - Maurice Evans was a true gent, you don't see much like that in football now - although Monk giving the Bradford team a 'guard of honour' at the end of the cup final was similar.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

FA cup draw numbers on 22:54 - Dec 8 with 2694 viewsblaenaugwentjack

FA cup draw numbers on 20:13 - Dec 8 by PozuelosSideys

Think this video was that Preston game!

Me and my brother could,nt get on the north bank for this game so made are way to the east terrace, got a bit heated outside the ground that day as the club only had one turnstile open, and with loads trying to get in tempers boiled over. I think we missed the first ten minutes of the game waiting to get in. On a side note where your stood is not a million miles away from where me and the big fella used to make bass camp, so to speak.
FA cup draw numbers on 23:05 - Dec 8 with 2650 viewsperchrockjack

Birkenhead is beautiful in January. Will be very welcoming to fellow working class people as opposed to Oxford ffs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

FA cup draw numbers on 23:08 - Dec 8 with 2649 viewsDyfnant

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30388533
lol Steve Bruce

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

FA cup draw numbers on 23:37 - Dec 8 with 2602 viewsjackrabbit

FA cup draw numbers on 23:05 - Dec 8 by perchrockjack

Birkenhead is beautiful in January. Will be very welcoming to fellow working class people as opposed to Oxford ffs

It'd be Oxford UNITED not Oxford UNIVERSITY mun!

Oxford itself is not exactly Downton Abbey!
FA cup draw numbers on 23:38 - Dec 8 with 2592 viewsperchrockjack

Yes yes I am aware em but name me a famous of oxford born great.

Or better still ,don't, as someone will get offended

FA cup draw numbers on 00:06 - Dec 9 with 2579 viewsDarran

I went to the Manor Ground in April 2001 we lost 3-1,the previous Saturday we'd been relegated and someone unveiled a "Hollins Out" banner only for another group of fans to rip it down.
I found that strange.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FA cup draw numbers on 10:46 - Dec 9 with 2447 viewsBLAZE

When are we likely to find out the date and time of kick off? I just read that as well as the TV companies picking their fixtures, PL clubs also have the option to request a date change (pending local police support etc.) because they're playing a few days earlier on New Years day.... Well the replays aren't until 16th December so I can't see liaison with local police taking place until after the outcome of that match so I presume we'll have a bit of a wait until we know more

I'm guessing they'll be night time kick offs if on 5th or 6th January too?
Login to get fewer ads

FA cup draw numbers on 11:19 - Dec 9 with 2434 viewshammy

FA cup draw numbers on 23:37 - Dec 8 by jackrabbit

It'd be Oxford UNITED not Oxford UNIVERSITY mun!

Oxford itself is not exactly Downton Abbey!

Exactly ... wouldn't class the good people of Blackbird Leys as gentry ;)

If Swans do get to play at the Kassam then it might be the only time a "Welsh" team wins there this season ... and it's a nice "away" trip for me and the lad ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

FA cup draw numbers on 12:57 - Dec 9 with 2378 viewsperchrockjack

I associate Oxford with speedway in Cowley. They had world champion Hans Nielsen as their number 1 and he was unbeatable there.Tw'at of a track.

I believe they ve resurrected the sport there

FA cup draw numbers on 13:08 - Dec 9 with 2369 viewsC_jack

http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/19757/mondays-cup-draw?page=2

Fun reading

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

FA cup draw numbers on 13:22 - Dec 9 with 2346 viewskarnataka

I remember going to the Kassam one very cold Tuesday or Wednesday evening in Dec 2004, recall it being a very poor game and Marc Goodfellow scored the only goal. Desolate place on a cold dark winter evening tbh.
FA cup draw numbers on 20:36 - Dec 11 with 2208 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

I note than London Welsh are scheduled to lose at the Kassam Stadium to Harlequins on Sunday 4th January at 14:30.

Not sure if the footy or rugby team have first option on the pitch sharing arrangements.
FA cup draw numbers on 20:45 - Dec 11 with 2195 viewsDarran

FA cup draw numbers on 20:36 - Dec 11 by Oxfordshire_Jack

I note than London Welsh are scheduled to lose at the Kassam Stadium to Harlequins on Sunday 4th January at 14:30.

Not sure if the footy or rugby team have first option on the pitch sharing arrangements.

Are we playing on the Sunday then?

FA cup draw numbers on 20:48 - Dec 11 with 2185 viewsMrSwan

Team for this will be something like,

Tremell
Richards Bartley Amat Kingsley
Fulton King
Barrow Sheehan Emnes
Gomis

Never go for it in the FA cup.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

FA cup draw numbers on 20:49 - Dec 11 with 2182 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

FA cup draw numbers on 20:45 - Dec 11 by Darran

Are we playing on the Sunday then?

Not official yet, but we’re at QPR on the Thursday so Saturday will have to be moved.

Oxford thread here - http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5372&start=45
FA cup draw numbers on 20:50 - Dec 11 with 2178 viewsDarran

FA cup draw numbers on 20:49 - Dec 11 by Oxfordshire_Jack

Not official yet, but we’re at QPR on the Thursday so Saturday will have to be moved.

Oxford thread here - http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5372&start=45

I didn't know that top heads up. 👍

FA cup draw numbers on 20:57 - Dec 11 with 2166 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

FA cup draw numbers on 20:50 - Dec 11 by Darran

I didn't know that top heads up. 👍

Not really, 'cos I live here, and you've probably guessed by now that my handle on that board is Snake.
FA cup draw numbers on 21:18 - Dec 11 with 2145 viewsDyfnant

FA cup draw numbers on 20:36 - Dec 11 by Oxfordshire_Jack

seem to recall that to be awarded your league 'share', a team must have first call on the ground they use. Or it could be just the premier league rule

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

FA cup draw numbers on 21:33 - Dec 11 with 2129 viewsmarchamjack

really hope Oxford win through as now there's around a dozen of us (mix of mostly Oxford and some of us Swans up here) provisionally booked a box for the game (if there is a game)

if you ignore the 'gown' element of Oxford (who have zero interest in football anyway( then the 'town', the majority of ordinary people in the city, are into football like the rest of us (ignore ex pat now northerners suggesting otherwise

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

FA cup draw numbers on 21:39 - Dec 11 with 2125 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

FA cup draw numbers on 21:33 - Dec 11 by marchamjack

really hope Oxford win through as now there's around a dozen of us (mix of mostly Oxford and some of us Swans up here) provisionally booked a box for the game (if there is a game)

if you ignore the 'gown' element of Oxford (who have zero interest in football anyway( then the 'town', the majority of ordinary people in the city, are into football like the rest of us (ignore ex pat now northerners suggesting otherwise

If it goes ahead and you have a space left to fill in your exec box then please PM me!
FA cup draw numbers on 21:50 - Dec 11 with 2118 viewsmarchamjack

FA cup draw numbers on 21:39 - Dec 11 by Oxfordshire_Jack

If it goes ahead and you have a space left to fill in your exec box then please PM me!

I will do definitely no problem

Have you been in the boxes at the Kassam...wouldn't go so far as to call them 'exec' though

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

FA cup draw numbers on 10:31 - Dec 12 with 2040 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

FA cup draw numbers on 21:50 - Dec 11 by marchamjack

I will do definitely no problem

Have you been in the boxes at the Kassam...wouldn't go so far as to call them 'exec' though

Fab, and thank you.

Yes, been in them a few times, but only on the cheap, like when I got a freebee or for things like FA Trophy or Oxfordshire Senior Cup Final games. They are not too bad for a club that has been stuck in League II or the Conference for 13 years. And also a lot more cosy than sitting outside in the three sided wind-tunnel!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024