Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
o/t Is it time for reunification 22:26 - Dec 8 with 2066 viewswespens

Whilst I much prefer the functionality, the look, the design and the features on here, is it time for the minority of Blackpool fans to return to Fansonline and reunite everyone or is this site worth sticking with because the other one still looks on it's last legs technically (I can never get the Prediction League to work) and falls off line quite regularly.

Seems to me we won't get them over here and so does everyone head back there. I post on both but must confess you can post on here and get a couple of replies and do the same over there and get a half century within an hour!

To me we're stronger together and it's a better read or do we just post on both and let the stronger survive and the weak fail?

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

o/t Is it time for reunification on 22:32 - Dec 8 with 2054 viewsMr_Brightside

This place seems to rattle along in an unextraordinary quite quaint way - I like seeing what's being said - used to do the same with BHS but unless someone puts a link to it I tend to forget about it. Worth keeping this one going because Fansonline always breaks down over Xmas!!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

o/t Is it time for reunification on 22:36 - Dec 8 with 2049 viewsVoiceofReason

I understand where you are coming from, but the other site is infested with horrible people and seems to have no proper moderation at all. Have you read it for any length of time?

It's civilised on here, and the features are first class. Better than you'll ever get over there. The programmers are in the Stone Age, and making no progress. You'd be better off migrating to BHS, at least they know what they're doing.
o/t Is it time for reunification on 23:06 - Dec 8 with 2032 viewsterminallytangerine

o/t Is it time for reunification on 22:36 - Dec 8 by VoiceofReason

I understand where you are coming from, but the other site is infested with horrible people and seems to have no proper moderation at all. Have you read it for any length of time?

It's civilised on here, and the features are first class. Better than you'll ever get over there. The programmers are in the Stone Age, and making no progress. You'd be better off migrating to BHS, at least they know what they're doing.

I like reading both sites and enjoyed posting on FOL for years, but eventually became bored by the lies, innuendo and unmoderated abuse aimed at anyone who dares to question the conventional 'wisdom' or whose default mode is not wallowing in misery/ sneering at all things BFC.

A shame as there are still some good posters over there - and some good threads when football rather than politics is put first - but you do get a wider range of views on this site: and a wider range of views is more representative of our support as a whole.

I think you might well get a vote for reunification on here - and I would always welcome visitors on here who wanted to put a reasoned argument - but the small group of Maoists who have made FOL their home would rather stick pins in their eyes methinks, so highly unlikely.
o/t Is it time for reunification on 07:27 - Dec 9 with 1976 viewsWizaard

o/t Is it time for reunification on 23:06 - Dec 8 by terminallytangerine

I like reading both sites and enjoyed posting on FOL for years, but eventually became bored by the lies, innuendo and unmoderated abuse aimed at anyone who dares to question the conventional 'wisdom' or whose default mode is not wallowing in misery/ sneering at all things BFC.

A shame as there are still some good posters over there - and some good threads when football rather than politics is put first - but you do get a wider range of views on this site: and a wider range of views is more representative of our support as a whole.

I think you might well get a vote for reunification on here - and I would always welcome visitors on here who wanted to put a reasoned argument - but the small group of Maoists who have made FOL their home would rather stick pins in their eyes methinks, so highly unlikely.

Room for both and I'll continue to post on both.

I see this site as being for considered debate while the other is for quick one liners.

Like comparing a book with Twitter.
o/t Is it time for reunification on 10:58 - Dec 9 with 1951 viewstde74

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way — in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

I'd better stop there before I get into Stuart Hall territory...

No, not THAT Stuart Hall territory.
o/t Is it time for reunification on 13:35 - Dec 9 with 1924 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Prefer quality over quantity.

Coming on here is like going to a nice restaurant once a week rather than entering Wetherspoons every day.
o/t Is it time for reunification on 15:25 - Dec 9 with 1878 viewsHodderSeasider

o/t Is it time for reunification on 13:35 - Dec 9 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Coming on here is like going to a nice restaurant once a week rather than entering Wetherspoons every day.

I go on both sites and find that Fans on Line has many more visitors and contributors. It's probably a case of old habits die hard, a lot of people do not like change!
o/t Is it time for reunification on 16:22 - Dec 9 with 1855 viewsThaliasdad

o/t Is it time for reunification on 13:35 - Dec 9 by BigHandsOliverKahn

I quite like Wetherspoons
Login to get fewer ads

o/t Is it time for reunification on 17:27 - Dec 9 with 1836 viewsbarbatus_gero

o/t Is it time for reunification on 16:22 - Dec 9 by Thaliasdad

I quite like Wetherspoons

Neither site can hold a candle to Vital for information, reasoned debate, intelligent posts and good humour.
o/t Is it time for reunification on 17:56 - Dec 9 with 1820 viewsMiddxile

o/t Is it time for reunification on 17:27 - Dec 9 by barbatus_gero

Neither site can hold a candle to Vital for information, reasoned debate, intelligent posts and good humour.

I would suppose that were this site a new product that had just been launched onto the Market, it would have to be judged a failure.
It has followed the usual path of novelty and interest initially, but as the numbers demonstrate, has been unable to progress further.
I have no axe to grind about whether it should exist or not.
It does.....so let it !
I feel that all it has done is shave a few percentage points off the old site, rather like the launch of a variant of an established product. It doesn't make the whole any bigger, i.e. doesn't grow, but merely fractures the original.
o/t Is it time for reunification on 19:42 - Dec 9 with 1787 viewsFountain

o/t Is it time for reunification on 17:27 - Dec 9 by barbatus_gero

....and done more often than not with respect for fellow supporters.

I do like Vituls if a little slow. that said i look on every day- even the resident oysonite will post the main points from the Gazette paper version early doors. Usually something to read and have you thinking. Which is the point? Right?

slap me on the patio

o/t Is it time for reunification on 08:07 - Dec 10 with 1724 viewsTangent

o/t Is it time for reunification on 17:56 - Dec 9 by Middxile

I would suppose that were this site a new product that had just been launched onto the Market, it would have to be judged a failure.
It has followed the usual path of novelty and interest initially, but as the numbers demonstrate, has been unable to progress further.
I have no axe to grind about whether it should exist or not.
It does.....so let it !
I feel that all it has done is shave a few percentage points off the old site, rather like the launch of a variant of an established product. It doesn't make the whole any bigger, i.e. doesn't grow, but merely fractures the original.

This site cut it's own throat before it ever got up and running by telling lies about the demise of FoL.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 8:08]

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

o/t Is it time for reunification on 08:56 - Dec 10 with 1713 viewsWizaard

o/t Is it time for reunification on 08:07 - Dec 10 by Tangent

This site cut it's own throat before it ever got up and running by telling lies about the demise of FoL.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 8:08]

Lies, or a simple misunderstanding of what would happen?
o/t Is it time for reunification on 09:43 - Dec 10 with 1703 viewstde74

o/t Is it time for reunification on 08:56 - Dec 10 by Wizaard

Lies, or a simple misunderstanding of what would happen?

I see you've not been issued with your regulation Fansonline tin-foil hat...
o/t Is it time for reunification on 20:22 - Dec 10 with 1623 viewsseasider13

I like this site, I'm going to stick around.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

o/t Is it time for reunification on 19:16 - Dec 12 with 1577 viewsBFC_Tim

o/t Is it time for reunification on 20:22 - Dec 10 by seasider13

I like this site, I'm going to stick around.

I'm with Seasider13 - I find the old site just takes too long to trawl through all the posts and I find myself pre-occupied with it and usually angered by some of the comments - here is nice and easy and with fewer posters and posts am wasting less of my time on Blackpool FC!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

o/t Is it time for reunification on 20:41 - Dec 12 with 1554 viewsTang67

o/t Is it time for reunification on 19:16 - Dec 12 by BFC_Tim

I'm with Seasider13 - I find the old site just takes too long to trawl through all the posts and I find myself pre-occupied with it and usually angered by some of the comments - here is nice and easy and with fewer posters and posts am wasting less of my time on Blackpool FC!

It would be lively

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

o/t Is it time for reunification on 20:52 - Dec 12 with 1544 viewsTangent

o/t Is it time for reunification on 19:16 - Dec 12 by BFC_Tim

Well there are certainly fewer posters and posts, you have that bit right.

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

o/t Is it time for reunification on 21:05 - Dec 12 with 1538 viewschesterbfc

o/t Is it time for reunification on 20:52 - Dec 12 by Tangent

Well there are certainly fewer posters and posts, you have that bit right.

No,This is a calm reasoned site for the most part,unlike it,s predecessor which I stopped going on because it became a 1 trick pony,hate the O,s or get out. Doesnt it remind you of Basil or am I wearin rose tinted glasses??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024