Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
pretty abject, really 11:04 - Dec 21 with 1208 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I've not read anything posted by anyone else, so apologies in advance for any duplication.

I think we all knew we were in for a tough afternoon yesterday, but with the weather and pitch supposedly levelling factors, there was always a sneaking feeling we might get something. Bournemouth had other ideas though.

It doesn't help when you present them with a two goal lead. The first one stems from a missed tackle and then a piece of goalkeeping I'd have been ashamed of when I was between the sticks at Flakey. The second - well, words fail me. If you're shielding the ball out - shield it, for Christ's sake.

The third goal was a wonder strike, but to me the fourth was the killer, as it doused what brief hope had come from a good goal by us. I think one or two of our players jacked it in at 1-4, to be honest, so it ended up being worse than it should have been. I've never seen us concede six at home in forty six years, so it was a salutary experience.

I don't think there are any positives ; we didn't defend properly, our passing was awful and the front players were denied even scraps. A lot of the credit for that has to go to Bournemouth, who I thought were superb all over the park. Every one of their outfield players looked composed and proficient on the ball, they refused to panic under pressure and their movement was first class. Hats off to them.

We need an immediate reaction, because yesterday's results undid all the progress we'd made in the previous four games. If we do get one, yesterday may eventually be seen as a blessing in disguise. It's a big "if" of course.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 11:50]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

pretty abject, really on 13:36 - Dec 21 with 1086 viewsdig4fire

"yesterday may eventually be seen as a blessing in disguise"

what absolute dribble
pretty abject, really on 14:16 - Dec 21 with 1035 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

pretty abject, really on 13:36 - Dec 21 by dig4fire

"yesterday may eventually be seen as a blessing in disguise"

what absolute dribble

As selective quotes that ignore the underlying sentiment go, that's pretty brilliant. Well done.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

pretty abject, really on 14:36 - Dec 21 with 1005 viewsscratchingshed

pretty abject, really on 14:16 - Dec 21 by basilrobbiereborn

As selective quotes that ignore the underlying sentiment go, that's pretty brilliant. Well done.

If you had brief hope Bazbob after our goal then sorry but you are more deluded then I first thought.
pretty abject, really on 14:53 - Dec 21 with 980 viewsTang67

pretty abject, really on 14:36 - Dec 21 by scratchingshed

If you had brief hope Bazbob after our goal then sorry but you are more deluded then I first thought.

Did not go as had to stay on for emergency electrician as had no power so radio lancs was not an option - got updates from a pal who said Lewis at fault for the first but that Blackpool were truly awful and had no answers to the cherries onslaught - he left sickened at 1-4
Thanks for the report Robbie always well constructed with s little barb to snag the reader
Think today's revelations have overshadowed the abject performance
It feels that it is endgame for Karl and I am sure Robbie will agree it is time for change
Not sure if that will help maintain our league status but in too many ways our club is in the toilet

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

pretty abject, really on 15:02 - Dec 21 with 966 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here!

Despite being lampooned on here for trying to indicate that, although a bad day for Pool, Bournemouth had all the luck that was going. I think that your post basil is good. It affords more credit to Bournemouth than my posts, but also indicates some of the luck that I allude to. ie

Goal 1 took a bobble.
Goal 2 was gifted. That is 0-2 at half time. Could easily of been 0-0.

Pool then started the 2nd half the better of the 2 sides. Lee Clark had obviously sat the boys down with a hot cup of tea at half time and re-grouped. Two new players on, albeit, Murphy, who really adds something to Pool's attacking play (two good feet and real pace and skill) probably full of cortisone, only on because Pool were 0-2 down. Murphy was clearly not fit.

Goal 3, Bournemouth's lack of etiquette caused this. Pool's centre back (Nyron Nosworthy) down, probably a groin strain. Pool stopped looking for treatment, Bournemouth played on, that caused the space and in went goal 3.

Pool then pull it back to 1-3 with a well worked goal, O'Hara making it by determination and Delfouneso well positioned to finish.

Goal 4, a very soft penalty. Retaken and Joe Lewis all but stopped it.

At that point I concede that Pool were gone and Pool sat back shell shocked.

Bournemouth yesterday, had all the luck going. It was a bad day for Pool. Bournemouth were a 'pretty' little side. They had a 'pretty' manager to boot, who as well as complaining about the Bloomfield Road pitch probably insisted that 18 hair dryers were provided in the Bournemouth dressing room for after match repairs to hair styles.

I for one did not applaud them off. Bournemouth had a lucky day, Pool didn't.

Good post basil. Pool fans see what they want to see. Pool had a bad day yesterday, What luck was available fell to Bournemouth.
pretty abject, really on 15:07 - Dec 21 with 947 viewsPeteGriffin

pretty abject, really on 15:02 - Dec 21 by Osbourne

Osbourne here!

Despite being lampooned on here for trying to indicate that, although a bad day for Pool, Bournemouth had all the luck that was going. I think that your post basil is good. It affords more credit to Bournemouth than my posts, but also indicates some of the luck that I allude to. ie

Goal 1 took a bobble.

Pool then started the 2nd half the better of the 2 sides. Lee Clark had obviously sat the boys down with a hot cup of tea at half time and re-grouped. Two new players on, albeit, Murphy, who really adds something to Pool's attacking play (two good feet and real pace and skill) probably full of cortisone, only on because Pool were 0-2 down. Murphy was clearly not fit.

Goal 3, Bournemouth's lack of etiquette caused this. Pool's centre back (Nyron Nosworthy) down, probably a groin strain. Pool stopped looking for treatment, Bournemouth played on, that caused the space and in went goal 3.

Pool then pull it back to 1-3 with a well worked goal, O'Hara making it by determination and Delfouneso well positioned to finish.

Bournemouth yesterday, had all the luck going. It was a bad day for Pool. Bournemouth were a 'pretty' little side. They had a 'pretty' manager to boot, who as well as complaining about the Bloomfield Road pitch probably insisted that 18 hair dryers were provided in the Bournemouth dressing room for after match repairs to hair styles.

Good post basil. Pool fans see what they want to see. Pool had a bad day yesterday, What luck was available fell to Bournemouth.

So it's down mainly to luck now. Ha ha brilliant.
pretty abject, really on 15:21 - Dec 21 with 925 viewshalifax71

pretty abject, really on 15:02 - Dec 21 by Osbourne

Osbourne here!

Goal 1 took a bobble.

"luck" - not had much to smile about, so thanks for that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024