Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OT : cricket clique 19:07 - Jan 13 with 1783 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

is anyone following the Lions' tour of South Africa?

The first unofficial Test is underway and Jonathan Trott's rehabilitation continues ; 176 not out overnight in our first innings. It looks like a batsman's paradise, but good for him I say.

Wow, rating of -1. You're easily upset.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2015 13:45]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

OT : cricket clique on 19:20 - Jan 13 with 1774 viewsDavid53

Which side is he playing for?
OT : cricket clique on 20:56 - Jan 13 with 1736 viewsOsbourne

Yes, well done Jonathan Trott.

The other cricket story that is doing the rounds at the moment, is that Kevin Pietersen has said that the new England One Day captain, Eoin Morgan, wants KP back in the England team, for the world cup in Australia.

Well, Alistair Cook has now gone. KP better hope that Eoin Morgan can convince Paul Downton and James Whitaker. KP's book is a bit of a problem!

I would like to see both Trott and KP back to face the Australians in the summer test series in England. Michael Clarke hopefully will be fit enough to lead the Aussies, he has a dodgy hamstring apparently. The test series needs him though. Mitchell Johnson presumably will be there also, although I think that he is carrying some sort of injury too. Does anybody know how bad his injury is? He appears to of been named in the Australian world cup squad.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the England v Australian series in England. Mitchell Johnson will be much easier to handle in England. Same as the great Jeff Thomson, a serious handful in Australia, in English conditions, just another bowler!

Hopefully Trott plays, also Cook. I doubt if KP will though, and that is a shame.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming World Cup in Australia. Hopefully England can do well. Pity that there is no England v Australia Test Match at Old Trafford this summer. If there had of been and the likes of Michael Clark, Mitchell Johnson, Warner from Australia. Cook, Trott, Anderson, Bell, KP? et la had all been playing, it would of been very interesting to watch it. As it is, the only thing to watch at Old Trafford this summer will be Lancashire ccc in Division 2!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2015 21:00]
OT : cricket clique on 21:35 - Jan 13 with 1718 viewspooljimbo

OT : cricket clique on 20:56 - Jan 13 by Osbourne

Yes, well done Jonathan Trott.

The other cricket story that is doing the rounds at the moment, is that Kevin Pietersen has said that the new England One Day captain, Eoin Morgan, wants KP back in the England team, for the world cup in Australia.

Well, Alistair Cook has now gone. KP better hope that Eoin Morgan can convince Paul Downton and James Whitaker. KP's book is a bit of a problem!

I would like to see both Trott and KP back to face the Australians in the summer test series in England. Michael Clarke hopefully will be fit enough to lead the Aussies, he has a dodgy hamstring apparently. The test series needs him though. Mitchell Johnson presumably will be there also, although I think that he is carrying some sort of injury too. Does anybody know how bad his injury is? He appears to of been named in the Australian world cup squad.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the England v Australian series in England. Mitchell Johnson will be much easier to handle in England. Same as the great Jeff Thomson, a serious handful in Australia, in English conditions, just another bowler!

Hopefully Trott plays, also Cook. I doubt if KP will though, and that is a shame.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming World Cup in Australia. Hopefully England can do well. Pity that there is no England v Australia Test Match at Old Trafford this summer. If there had of been and the likes of Michael Clark, Mitchell Johnson, Warner from Australia. Cook, Trott, Anderson, Bell, KP? et la had all been playing, it would of been very interesting to watch it. As it is, the only thing to watch at Old Trafford this summer will be Lancashire ccc in Division 2!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2015 21:00]

Did you see the KP commentary on the Big Bash earlier? It's a must watch, I'm sure Sky will have replays on their website. It's a fantastic tournament by the way and the coverage is excellent.

Trotty has played himself back into the test side but I think he will have to open because I can't see them moving anyone else apart from Robson.

I think Michael Clarke has one last chance with his fitness before he just decides to call it a day. It's noticeable that he did a fair bit of commentary during the India series and it seems that he is being groomed to fit right in when the time comes. I think he'll be lucky to get to the Ashes.

Not sure whether Johnson has any specific injury but he had a relatively poor series against the Indians. He can only bowl now in very short spells presumably because of his fitness, and if you can see off those bursts and keep him quiet, you have the beating of him because he can't bowl 15-20 overs in a day.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

OT : cricket clique on 22:05 - Jan 13 with 1705 viewsOsbourne

OT : cricket clique on 21:35 - Jan 13 by pooljimbo

Did you see the KP commentary on the Big Bash earlier? It's a must watch, I'm sure Sky will have replays on their website. It's a fantastic tournament by the way and the coverage is excellent.

Trotty has played himself back into the test side but I think he will have to open because I can't see them moving anyone else apart from Robson.

I think Michael Clarke has one last chance with his fitness before he just decides to call it a day. It's noticeable that he did a fair bit of commentary during the India series and it seems that he is being groomed to fit right in when the time comes. I think he'll be lucky to get to the Ashes.

Not sure whether Johnson has any specific injury but he had a relatively poor series against the Indians. He can only bowl now in very short spells presumably because of his fitness, and if you can see off those bursts and keep him quiet, you have the beating of him because he can't bowl 15-20 overs in a day.

Just listened to the KP commentary, very funny!

Such a pity that he isn't playing for England in the World Cup.

Even more of a shame that it is unlikely that he will play in the summer Ashes.

KP is certainly a maverick. Pity the likes of Downton and Whitaker cannot manage him.

"Flintoff is bowling backwards at the moment, I could play him with a tooth pick"
Funny
OT : cricket clique on 23:17 - Jan 13 with 1690 viewsWizaard

OT : cricket clique on 22:05 - Jan 13 by Osbourne

Just listened to the KP commentary, very funny!

Such a pity that he isn't playing for England in the World Cup.

Even more of a shame that it is unlikely that he will play in the summer Ashes.

KP is certainly a maverick. Pity the likes of Downton and Whitaker cannot manage him.

"Flintoff is bowling backwards at the moment, I could play him with a tooth pick"
Funny

It's a team sport, Pietersen was a huge distraction and we're well rid.
OT : cricket clique on 08:13 - Jan 14 with 1652 viewsOsbourne

OT : cricket clique on 23:17 - Jan 13 by Wizaard

It's a team sport, Pietersen was a huge distraction and we're well rid.

Poor old KP, like Ched Evans - nobody likes him.

Here's one for you Wizaard.

"Cricket is a team game played by individuals".

As England get thumped by the Aussies this summer - in England.

I will simply say, "Where was our best batsman KP?"

Don Bradman wasn't popular with his team mates and he made trouble for the Australian Cricket Board - they accommodated him. They bashed the pommes!

Just saying, plus Mr Wizaard, I respect your opinion. KP certainly is a maverick, some would say an odd ball. He is not Don Bradman either! Just the best we have got!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 8:21]
OT : cricket clique on 09:07 - Jan 14 with 1640 viewsHertsseasider

OT : cricket clique on 08:13 - Jan 14 by Osbourne

Don Bradman wasn't popular with his team mates and he made trouble for the Australian Cricket Board - they accommodated him. They bashed the pommes!

Just saying, plus Mr Wizaard, I respect your opinion. KP certainly is a maverick, some would say an odd ball. He is not Don Bradman either! Just the best we have got!

"KP" should never ever be near an England team again.

"Schools Out London"

OT : cricket clique on 09:15 - Jan 14 with 1640 viewsscratchingshed

OT : cricket clique on 08:13 - Jan 14 by Osbourne

K P was and still is our best batsman and in reality he could walk in to any side let alone England's.

He was appaulingly treated by the bigots at ECB and some of the players.

Who knows English cricket might not be in this mess right now (where have we heard that before?) had K P still been playing for England.

He's an entertainer and that's what people want.
Login to get fewer ads

OT : cricket clique on 09:26 - Jan 14 with 1634 viewsstraightatthewall

OT : cricket clique on 09:15 - Jan 14 by scratchingshed

K P was and still is our best batsman and in reality he could walk in to any side let alone England's.

He was appaulingly treated by the bigots at ECB and some of the players.

Who knows English cricket might not be in this mess right now (where have we heard that before?) had K P still been playing for England.

He's an entertainer and that's what people want.

He's no Ian Bell.....

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

OT : cricket clique on 13:44 - Jan 14 with 1603 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

OT : cricket clique on 09:26 - Jan 14 by straightatthewall

He's no Ian Bell.....

Is that you on the path to enlightenment Straighters?

OT : cricket clique on 16:04 - Jan 14 with 1573 viewsWizaard

OT : cricket clique on 13:44 - Jan 14 by basilrobbiereborn

Is that you on the path to enlightenment Straighters?

KP only plays for one team.

The KP team.
OT : cricket clique on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 1562 viewsOsbourne

OT : cricket clique on 16:04 - Jan 14 by Wizaard

KP only plays for one team.

The KP team.

"Cricket is a team game played by individuals."

Just a thought. Boycott, Gower, Bradman, KP, Dexter, Lara - they didn't buy into the team ethic.

With the World Cup and then a home series v Australia, are England really able to cope without KP? We will see.

The England / Australia / India Triangle One Day series starts on Friday 16.1.15. Are these matches over 50 overs?

Then the World Cup in Australia starts on 14.2.15. Again are these matches over 50 overs? I'm not so much into cricket these days, do they have a World Cup 50 overs and also a World Cup 20/20 format? I'm pretty sure the World Cup in Australia is the 50 over format. Anyone know? If not I will look it up and report back!

As a rider to this, do cricket followers on AVFTT know that Lancashire CCC are playing a Royal London One - Day 50 overs Cup game at Blackpool Cricket Club on Wednesday 29th July 2015 against Middlesex. Lets hope for good weather and a cracking match. Nothing like a full house at Blackpool cc for an entertaining day.

Good luck to England in Australia. Could they win the World Cup?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 22:26]
OT : cricket clique on 06:55 - Jan 15 with 1521 viewspooljimbo

OT : cricket clique on 17:08 - Jan 14 by Osbourne

"Cricket is a team game played by individuals."

Just a thought. Boycott, Gower, Bradman, KP, Dexter, Lara - they didn't buy into the team ethic.

With the World Cup and then a home series v Australia, are England really able to cope without KP? We will see.

The England / Australia / India Triangle One Day series starts on Friday 16.1.15. Are these matches over 50 overs?

Then the World Cup in Australia starts on 14.2.15. Again are these matches over 50 overs? I'm not so much into cricket these days, do they have a World Cup 50 overs and also a World Cup 20/20 format? I'm pretty sure the World Cup in Australia is the 50 over format. Anyone know? If not I will look it up and report back!

As a rider to this, do cricket followers on AVFTT know that Lancashire CCC are playing a Royal London One - Day 50 overs Cup game at Blackpool Cricket Club on Wednesday 29th July 2015 against Middlesex. Lets hope for good weather and a cracking match. Nothing like a full house at Blackpool cc for an entertaining day.

Good luck to England in Australia. Could they win the World Cup?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 22:26]

A few years ago KP was trying his hardest to get out of playing one day cricket for England so he could go off to the IPL. Now he wants to play it?

IF he had played a full season for Surrey last time around, playing as many one day and 4 day games as possible then I think he would have had a fair shout regardless of his book. He didn't and then he decided to undermine fellow players, coaches and management in his autobiography.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

OT : cricket clique on 08:34 - Jan 15 with 1516 viewsOsbourne

OT : cricket clique on 06:55 - Jan 15 by pooljimbo

A few years ago KP was trying his hardest to get out of playing one day cricket for England so he could go off to the IPL. Now he wants to play it?

IF he had played a full season for Surrey last time around, playing as many one day and 4 day games as possible then I think he would have had a fair shout regardless of his book. He didn't and then he decided to undermine fellow players, coaches and management in his autobiography.

Poor old KP.

He is not loved!

Let's see what England do in the World Cup. Downton has just waved good bye to Captain Cook. He has already waved good bye to KP. Downton is fast becoming, "the man with the axe"!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 8:35]
OT : cricket clique on 12:47 - Jan 15 with 1496 viewsscratchingshed

OT : cricket clique on 08:34 - Jan 15 by Osbourne

Poor old KP.

He is not loved!

Let's see what England do in the World Cup. Downton has just waved good bye to Captain Cook. He has already waved good bye to KP. Downton is fast becoming, "the man with the axe"!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 8:35]

Trouble is the guy who has replaced Cooke is just as bad when it comes to scoring runs.
OT : cricket clique on 21:11 - Jan 16 with 1440 viewsOsbourne

OT : cricket clique on 12:47 - Jan 15 by scratchingshed

Trouble is the guy who has replaced Cooke is just as bad when it comes to scoring runs.

England lose 1st game of the Tri - Series with Australia and India.

1st match Australia have beaten England in Sydney. David Warner scored a century and Australia won by 3 wickets.

England captain, Morgan, said it is not too much of a set back. I think Morgan himself got a century. Clarke, the Australian captain, did not seem to be playing? Neither was Mitch Johnson?

I'm sure England will get better.
OT : cricket clique on 11:52 - Jan 17 with 1392 viewsscratchingshed

OT : cricket clique on 21:11 - Jan 16 by Osbourne

1st match Australia have beaten England in Sydney. David Warner scored a century and Australia won by 3 wickets.

England captain, Morgan, said it is not too much of a set back. I think Morgan himself got a century. Clarke, the Australian captain, did not seem to be playing? Neither was Mitch Johnson?

Australia won with 10 overs to spare, simply not good enough from England.

Whilst it was nice to see Morgan actually score some runs for once the next two highest scores were 28 and 22 which is just abysmal.

Just don't know who's going to win a match away from home first England or Blackpool.
OT : cricket clique on 11:58 - Jan 17 with 1389 viewsOsbourne

OT : cricket clique on 11:52 - Jan 17 by scratchingshed

Australia won with 10 overs to spare, simply not good enough from England.

Whilst it was nice to see Morgan actually score some runs for once the next two highest scores were 28 and 22 which is just abysmal.

Just don't know who's going to win a match away from home first England or Blackpool.

Pool are going to win at Wolves today.

7/1 now for a Pool win. I'm revamping a lot of my losses this season with a mathematic bet today.

Fingers crossed. 7/1, I'm not going to miss that.

Was KP in the commentary box for the England match - disappointing from the spectators point of view.
OT : cricket clique on 13:08 - Jan 20 with 1333 viewsOsbourne

OT : cricket clique on 21:11 - Jan 16 by Osbourne

England win their 2nd game of the Tri - Series with India and Australia.

England, batting 2nd beat India by 9 wickets in Brisbane. Ian Bell scored the bulk of the runs.

Looks like it will be an England v Australia final in this Triangle Series. Then onwards to the World Cup.

Well done England. O, how I dislike those uncouth Australians! David Warner in particular! Warner has just been fined half his match fee for yet another run in. Warner has had some kind of sledging match with one of the Indian batsmen during Australia's victory in their 2nd match v the Indians.
OT : cricket clique on 13:44 - Jan 20 with 1326 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

OT : cricket clique on 13:08 - Jan 20 by Osbourne

England win their 2nd game of the Tri - Series with India and Australia.

England, batting 2nd beat India by 9 wickets in Brisbane. Ian Bell scored the bulk of the runs.

Looks like it will be an England v Australia final in this Triangle Series. Then onwards to the World Cup.

Well done England. O, how I dislike those uncouth Australians! David Warner in particular! Warner has just been fined half his match fee for yet another run in. Warner has had some kind of sledging match with one of the Indian batsmen during Australia's victory in their 2nd match v the Indians.

Once again Bell shows his class after a rare failure in the first match.

OT : cricket clique on 21:42 - Jan 20 with 1287 viewsWizaard

OT : cricket clique on 13:44 - Jan 20 by basilrobbiereborn

Once again Bell shows his class after a rare failure in the first match.

Just watched the highlights of NZ v Sri Lanka. Explosive finish for a good win for NZ.

It'll be tough, this forthcoming World Cup. Think our batting is too brittle for us to win it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024