Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Fred? 09:59 - Jan 18 with 1264 viewsronsonmg

Any one know what happened to Fred Pickering? He was one of Pools better center forwards from the late 60`s into the early 70`s, I remember he was transferred, but don`t recall where he went, any one know what became of him?
Big Fred? on 10:25 - Jan 18 with 1248 viewsbfcpete

He left after we were relegated from the top flight in 1971. He went to Blackburn where he played about a dozen games before transferring to Brighton, but he didn't play for them.
I believe he still sometimes appears for some of the special hospitality events at BR or at least he did until a couple of years ago.
I was present when he got his hat-trick at PNE to get us back up to the top flight in 1970. Fantastic evening!
Big Fred? on 11:27 - Jan 18 with 1220 viewsSince1967

I think he may have been at the ground laying the wreath for John McPhee the other week. That night at Preston was magnificent. I was sat on the cinder track around the pitch as the place was so full
Big Fred? on 13:12 - Jan 18 with 1191 viewsfabs

Big Fred? on 10:25 - Jan 18 by bfcpete

He left after we were relegated from the top flight in 1971. He went to Blackburn where he played about a dozen games before transferring to Brighton, but he didn't play for them.
I believe he still sometimes appears for some of the special hospitality events at BR or at least he did until a couple of years ago.
I was present when he got his hat-trick at PNE to get us back up to the top flight in 1970. Fantastic evening!

Started off as a full back for Blackburn but put up front when they hadn't any strikers. Went to Everton. Took him to a do at Bloomfield Rd. a few years ago, lives in the Millhill district in Blackburn. Top guy very modest.
Big Fred? on 15:14 - Jan 18 with 1163 viewsPlumbs

Big Fred? on 13:12 - Jan 18 by fabs

Started off as a full back for Blackburn but put up front when they hadn't any strikers. Went to Everton. Took him to a do at Bloomfield Rd. a few years ago, lives in the Millhill district in Blackburn. Top guy very modest.

The Tangobears named one of their cats after him so he must have been good.Their dog is named Basilbobtangodog which says it all really (guffaw)

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024