Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? 22:32 - Jan 18 with 3211 viewsKOSBowlCut

If there was ever a head of steam to remove Karl Oyston then it was a few weeks ago with text gate and the kids contracts but seems to me if that hasn't lead to his departure then nothing will. Good try lads but we're stuck with the buffoon!

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 22:37 - Jan 18 with 3205 viewsWindyMiller

The problem is that it's a family business and Owen doesn't trust anyone else because of the way the club is run. No chance of getting rid of him.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 23:17 - Jan 18 with 3197 viewsscratchingshed

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 22:37 - Jan 18 by WindyMiller

The problem is that it's a family business and Owen doesn't trust anyone else because of the way the club is run. No chance of getting rid of him.

Unfortunately Blackpool football club has far too many happy clappers who just want to turn up every week no matter what league we play in and what dross they see on the pitch.
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 07:17 - Jan 19 with 3156 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

You can't simply remove a chairman of a business without the say of the owner. Nothing peripheral going on will ever change that fact. A tactic of abuse to owners and boycotting the business to try to make the owner sell up or at least change the chairman gurantees nothing. The outcome is more likely to mean a dorment football club for decades to come IMO.
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 09:25 - Jan 19 with 3125 viewsTang67

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 07:17 - Jan 19 by BigHandsOliverKahn

You can't simply remove a chairman of a business without the say of the owner. Nothing peripheral going on will ever change that fact. A tactic of abuse to owners and boycotting the business to try to make the owner sell up or at least change the chairman gurantees nothing. The outcome is more likely to mean a dorment football club for decades to come IMO.

In the final analysis it's about money - Karl has always been tight but while we we in the ascendency and income was increasing many looked the other way and more supported him as there was also success on the pitch
We hit the high point and the unbelievable amounts of money turned his head and the massive boost in income convinced him he was right and his model worked .The hubris and arrogance became more entrenched
You must remember Karl sees this as his money not the clubs and he has already demonstrated his money,land and standing in the country set is where he is at , be under no illusions on that.
However at this time revenue stream are drying up - parachute payments , NHS not renewing leases , no players of much worth in transfer market , negligible income from season tickets next season
The fact that his reputation, outside of small group of people, is in the gutter only compounds his difficulties .
I for one believe this is endgame
The protests . formation of new supporters groups and media campaigns have got to him no doubt as evidenced by bannings and legal actions but it is the cut off of the cash flow that has ultimately done it.
I don't think we are stuck with him but a final warning this is arrogant, petty individual who had shown he can be vindictave - things will probably get worse before we see an upturn - Oyston out .

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 09:27 - Jan 19 with 3122 viewsbfcpete

I have mentioned a few times that KO will not be removed whilst OO owns the club. Only an offer to buy the club that the O's want to accept will remove him / them. When a single family owns nearly 80% of the club and there is little accountabililty through the club board then they have a strangledhold and KO has lttle effective challenge unfortunately.
It is also worth noting that the OSs have also got a stranglehold over the proeprty associated with BFC - stadium, hotels, traning ground which they will see as alternative income sources even if the football is no longer there. Another reason they will be reluctant to go.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 9:32]
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 09:48 - Jan 19 with 3105 viewsTang67

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 09:27 - Jan 19 by bfcpete

I have mentioned a few times that KO will not be removed whilst OO owns the club. Only an offer to buy the club that the O's want to accept will remove him / them. When a single family owns nearly 80% of the club and there is little accountabililty through the club board then they have a strangledhold and KO has lttle effective challenge unfortunately.
It is also worth noting that the OSs have also got a stranglehold over the proeprty associated with BFC - stadium, hotels, traning ground which they will see as alternative income sources even if the football is no longer there. Another reason they will be reluctant to go.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 9:32]

Indeed you are correct in that there is a lack of accountability which has led to what appears borderline corrupt administration and the last thing they would want is somebody outside the family seeing yja machinations
However the hotel is not earning . the stadium let's for NHS and council are not being renewed as they look to relocate to Talbot gateway .On top of that is near zero income from ST's next time around and a ever decreasing customer base .
I predict club shop will close in next 18 months and move to online shop
Again money first and last

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 10:02 - Jan 19 with 3094 viewsWizaard

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 23:17 - Jan 18 by scratchingshed

Unfortunately Blackpool football club has far too many happy clappers who just want to turn up every week no matter what league we play in and what dross they see on the pitch.

So it's the fans' fault?
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 10:20 - Jan 19 with 3091 viewsTang67

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 10:02 - Jan 19 by Wizaard

So it's the fans' fault?

Can you elaborate Wiz ?
Cannot see any reference to blaming the support on this thread

Login to get fewer ads

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 11:21 - Jan 19 with 3075 viewsWizaard

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 10:20 - Jan 19 by Tang67

Can you elaborate Wiz ?
Cannot see any reference to blaming the support on this thread

I was referring to the reference to the happy clappers allowing him to get away with it.

At least those fans are in the ground, and more and more are making it clear where the blame lies. Those who stay away, which is their prerogative are having no effect on him at all, IMO.

There is understandably a lull at present. The wheels of justice grind interminably slow and as cases come to court, the bullying nature of the court action will be seen for what it is. Individuals have been targeted through these legal actions for saying nothing more than has been in the national press, including yesterday's League Paper. I don't see any attempt to take those bodies to court. That says it all about the tactic.
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 11:26 - Jan 19 with 3072 viewsTang67

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 11:21 - Jan 19 by Wizaard

I was referring to the reference to the happy clappers allowing him to get away with it.

At least those fans are in the ground, and more and more are making it clear where the blame lies. Those who stay away, which is their prerogative are having no effect on him at all, IMO.

There is understandably a lull at present. The wheels of justice grind interminably slow and as cases come to court, the bullying nature of the court action will be seen for what it is. Individuals have been targeted through these legal actions for saying nothing more than has been in the national press, including yesterday's League Paper. I don't see any attempt to take those bodies to court. That says it all about the tactic.

I see
Also agree with all you have said and yes I am still going

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 13:48 - Jan 19 with 3019 viewsscratchingshed

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 11:26 - Jan 19 by Tang67

I see
Also agree with all you have said and yes I am still going

Yes I am blaming the fans for part of this mess, if they didn't turn up week after week and not buy 2 year season ticket deals maybe just maybe the Oystons will start to worry about something for once.

Prior to this season I've been a season ticket holder for over 12 years and a supporter for 45 years but one man has driven me away from something I adored and it's not just me but 4 family members driven away as well, any other club would be worried to hell about the demise of season ticket numbers but not this one the Oystons have already made there fortune out of the club it's just loose change today for them.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 13:51]
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 15:38 - Jan 19 with 2987 viewsRusty2Stands

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 11:21 - Jan 19 by Wizaard

Individuals have been targeted through these legal actions for saying nothing more than has been in the national press, including yesterday's League Paper. I don't see any attempt to take those bodies to court. That says it all about the tactic.

Spot on Wiz. I don't see the Oystons trying to take on the Daily Mail or Channel 4.
Despicable bully boy tactics, which I hope come back to bite them in a big way.
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 18:04 - Jan 19 with 2949 viewsolneyseasider

To answer the OP, no we haven't missed the opportunity; we have just hit a lull.

The Os will be removed by one, or a combination of, the following.

Legal - I am not referring to the despicable defamation actions they have brought against fans, which are a blatent attempt at gagging Tim and others, but rather the rights of other shareholders in BFC. There are plenty of grounds for the shareholders to bring a claim (refer to the open letter to Owen Oyston posted on the other site on 10 January for a taster) and there are plenty of shareholders. Realistically though we can't expect any individual fan/shareholder to take that on board which leaves VB. He could certainly bring legal action for a buy order in respect of the Os shares or at least use the threat or legal proceedings to engineer a purchase. Whether that is for a takeover or his exit I am unsure.

Regulatory - the FA have yet to pronounce but all indications are that they take text gate seriously. In truth they have to because of the....

Media - and the challenge is how to get the BFC story off the football pages and into mainstream. Equating disability with racism/homophobia is one angle (Channel 4 are floating that angle) and, of course, there's the mystery why the media haven't linked Ched Evens with OO.

Factor into the equation the very valid comments made above re cash flow falling off the cliff in the very near future, all the indicators are pointing in one direction.

We just need to keep getting the message out there.
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 18:16 - Jan 19 with 2944 viewsolneyseasider

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 18:04 - Jan 19 by olneyseasider

To answer the OP, no we haven't missed the opportunity; we have just hit a lull.

Legal - I am not referring to the despicable defamation actions they have brought against fans, which are a blatent attempt at gagging Tim and others, but rather the rights of other shareholders in BFC. There are plenty of grounds for the shareholders to bring a claim (refer to the open letter to Owen Oyston posted on the other site on 10 January for a taster) and there are plenty of shareholders. Realistically though we can't expect any individual fan/shareholder to take that on board which leaves VB. He could certainly bring legal action for a buy order in respect of the Os shares or at least use the threat or legal proceedings to engineer a purchase. Whether that is for a takeover or his exit I am unsure.

Regulatory - the FA have yet to pronounce but all indications are that they take text gate seriously. In truth they have to because of the....

Media - and the challenge is how to get the BFC story off the football pages and into mainstream. Equating disability with racism/homophobia is one angle (Channel 4 are floating that angle) and, of course, there's the mystery why the media haven't linked Ched Evens with OO.

Factor into the equation the very valid comments made above re cash flow falling off the cliff in the very near future, all the indicators are pointing in one direction.

Sorry; I should obviously also have included fans protest, which of course adds to the media coverage as well as grinding down the opposition.

Chanting "OYSTON OUT!!! and stamping your feet for 15 minutes is also very therapeutic. Or I find it to be so at least.
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 18:33 - Jan 19 with 2936 viewschesterbfc

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 18:04 - Jan 19 by olneyseasider

NO, Definitely not, but without wanting to get involved in any slanging match etc. One statement must be either a rose in Karl,s lapel or a sword he should die on and that is-
JUDGE me at the end of the season.
How could any competent owner/owners not take that as a statement of intent?
If as seems likely, we get relegated, surely only he is responsible for the Club,s policies ,finance etc. Could any of this be construed as success?
I was one of the many of the silent majority who availed himself of the 2 year deal.
Whilst I have no qualms of watching Div 1 football I will view his tenure of our Famous ,dare I say it Old Fashioned Football club a failure of proportions not seen since the early 60,s .
Surely even Karl will admit he has failed??
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 13:11 - Jan 21 with 2709 viewsWizaard

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 18:33 - Jan 19 by chesterbfc

NO, Definitely not, but without wanting to get involved in any slanging match etc. One statement must be either a rose in Karl,s lapel or a sword he should die on and that is-
JUDGE me at the end of the season.
How could any competent owner/owners not take that as a statement of intent?
If as seems likely, we get relegated, surely only he is responsible for the Club,s policies ,finance etc. Could any of this be construed as success?
I was one of the many of the silent majority who availed himself of the 2 year deal.
Whilst I have no qualms of watching Div 1 football I will view his tenure of our Famous ,dare I say it Old Fashioned Football club a failure of proportions not seen since the early 60,s .
Surely even Karl will admit he has failed??

I couldn't help but compare with how the Wolves fans reacted to the death of Sir Jack Hayward, to what the reaction would be in the event of an Oyston passing on.

The Football Laeague paper at the weekend made the same comparison.

http://www.anony.ws/image/DYxQ#./null?&_suid=142184518179505901375813830062
[Post edited 21 Jan 2015 15:27]
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 19:23 - Jan 21 with 2641 viewsOldSkool

Re: Wizards link above.
What a cartoon, and what a splendid article
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 20:47 - Jan 21 with 2621 viewsribble

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 19:23 - Jan 21 by OldSkool

Re: Wizards link above.
What a cartoon, and what a splendid article

I think a letter could be in the post......
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 23:03 - Jan 21 with 2608 viewsRusty2Stands

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 13:11 - Jan 21 by Wizaard

I couldn't help but compare with how the Wolves fans reacted to the death of Sir Jack Hayward, to what the reaction would be in the event of an Oyston passing on.

The Football Laeague paper at the weekend made the same comparison.

http://www.anony.ws/image/DYxQ#./null?&_suid=142184518179505901375813830062
[Post edited 21 Jan 2015 15:27]

I wonder if they're going to sue the Football League paper?
No thought not.
Cowards and bullies.
Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 10:09 - Jan 24 with 2520 viewsOrioltwins

Has the moment to do away with KO gone? on 23:17 - Jan 18 by scratchingshed

Think there's a few deluded fans who think they have the power to chuck Karl out - the business side of Blackpool is more important than the club which is just a drain on the families money and so they won't get rid anytime soon.

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024