Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match report 11:16 - Feb 8 with 1059 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

There's very little to say, unfortunately. In some away games we have started well and then folded once we went behind, but you couldn't even say we started well yesterday. The writing was on the wall from the start because they were simply slicker and more skilful than we were. The first goal is one where we could do better, I think, but the ball to Hooper was just about perfect and a player as good as he is was not likely to miss.

The second is good interplay between them, but it only needs one player to get a foot in to stop it, and we seemed incapable of getting near it. The period after this goal was dispiriting as they swarmed all over us. I was glad to get to half time only two down.

The second half was a tame affair after the penalty (Grabban went to ground very easily, but it was a clumsy challenge). We had a lot of the ball, but not in areas that would hurt them and got little change out of their back four. The fourth comes from a soft free kick, but was a hell of a hit.

Player-wise, Parrish has nothing to reproach himself for. O'Hara was easily our best player and the leader on the pitch, Perkins tried hard. The two full backs had a day to forget, and I felt a bit sorry for Dunne, whose positional play undermined the good work he did when on the ball. There is a good player in him, but he really needs intensive coaching.

The only consolation was that four of the five sides above us lost as well, so at least it didn't get much worse. And it is only a short walk back to the railway station. That's it.

In the cab from pub to ground the driver told us we'd picked a good time to play them as there were problems in the dressing room and they were in disarray. These things are all relative, aren't they?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Match report on 11:34 - Feb 8 with 1044 viewsTang67

Good appraisal of the game - I was not their but did listen and have read reports including this one .
I suppose in the final analysis we are just not good enough and I suspect it is terrible off the pitch as it is on.
Really think we are relegated now barring a series of miracles
On a more positive point , this cannot go on much longer and even though we may be plying our trade in league 1 next season the root cause of this mess will be gone .Only then can we start to rebuild and start to have pride in our club .
UTP and Oyston out

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Match report on 14:04 - Feb 8 with 973 viewsPlumbs

I hope you didnt chuck chilli all over his cab.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Match report on 15:44 - Feb 8 with 909 viewsAllorNothing

Match report on 14:04 - Feb 8 by Plumbs

I hope you didnt chuck chilli all over his cab.

The full backs were poor because they are poor. Neither of them would get into another championship side and would, in all honesty , struggle to get into a Lge 1 side. Of the two I have more sympathy with Dunne, relatively young and inexperienced - he's been thrown in at the deep end in the worst Pool "team" for many a year. MCMahon is consistently poor, he was last season as well. He jumps into challenges far too easily and his positional play is terrible. Problem is he has no challenger for his place in the side, none at all. The gap remains the same but it may as well be 1000 points are we are never going to string enough results together to get out of it.

He who seeks, finds

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024