Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now or never? 17:49 - Feb 9 with 11794 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Like almost all of our supporters, I think we have too much to do to get out of this predicament, but while there's life there's hope, as they say.

I do think we need to make inroads by the end of this month though to give ourselves any chance. Tomorrow is a tough start, but we also have home games against Forest, who are struggling for form, with PLW being the proverbial six pointer. Both the away games look tough, but local derbies don't always respect the form book and if - for arguments sake - we took seven points from these next five I think we might find ourselves nearer the pack above us. Leeds have three away out of the next four, Charlton's next four are pretty awful and Brighton are away twice this week. PLW play Charlton and ourselves this month. Millwall play Leeds and Rotherham. I suspect it's either going to get very condensed, or one or two of us are going to get cut adrift. We'll soon know.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Now or never? on 12:20 - Feb 11 with 1551 viewsLala

Now or never? on 09:37 - Feb 11 by Osbourne

I'll work on it.

"Brain washed"

"Dullard"

Whatever next?

Championship survival is vital. Vital I say. It should be "Fortress Bloomfield Road" until the end of the season. Then work on the owners in the summer. Let's face it, the two go hand in hand, even the excellent Middlesbrough fans worked on the owners last night!!!!!

Just a thought.

Why give up when there is still the slightest glimmer of hope. Yep we're crap, no-one is disputing that, but it's worth putting in a fight until the end isn't it.

A much more attractive quality than rolling over and dying with defeatist negativity - what a miserable way to live life.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Now or never? on 12:30 - Feb 11 with 1543 viewsPNENIL

Now or never? on 12:20 - Feb 11 by Lala

Why give up when there is still the slightest glimmer of hope. Yep we're crap, no-one is disputing that, but it's worth putting in a fight until the end isn't it.

A much more attractive quality than rolling over and dying with defeatist negativity - what a miserable way to live life.

I think most people feel this is Oyston FC now and not BFC and not be so desperate to have the mickey taken out of them in whats presented as a football team and a pitch to play on.
Now or never? on 13:12 - Feb 11 with 1518 viewsWizaard

Now or never? on 12:30 - Feb 11 by PNENIL

I think most people feel this is Oyston FC now and not BFC and not be so desperate to have the mickey taken out of them in whats presented as a football team and a pitch to play on.

"I think most people feel this is Oyston FC now and not BFC"

Maybe on messageboards. Those in the ground weren't thinking of Oyston when we equalised.

While there's a team to support, I intend doing just that.

The fact remains that we're not mathematically relegated, and we could, and probably should, have got something out of the game against a side top of the Division. That highlights the waste this season has been and yes, we all know why.
Now or never? on 16:04 - Feb 11 with 1473 views20togo

Now or never? on 13:12 - Feb 11 by Wizaard

"I think most people feel this is Oyston FC now and not BFC"

Maybe on messageboards. Those in the ground weren't thinking of Oyston when we equalised.

While there's a team to support, I intend doing just that.

The fact remains that we're not mathematically relegated, and we could, and probably should, have got something out of the game against a side top of the Division. That highlights the waste this season has been and yes, we all know why.

Agree with that Wiz.
Now or never? on 18:14 - Feb 11 with 1446 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 08:45 - Feb 10 by Plumbs

satw:
Thats what I call a good trout tickle-biting and leaping about before popping him in the keepnet.

Ask him what he's done to protest about the O's? -other than a few tame comments on here of late-where proper fans have other clubs have done more than him.

We didnt see him outside the FL HQ did we? Maybe he was joining the MKD one on the nerds board? (rolls eyes)

Think I'll bookmark this one for now.

All this from the bloke who went sh**-stirring on the Bristol City board in his eagerness to cause trouble for our club.

Now or never? on 18:47 - Feb 11 with 1423 viewsPlumbs

Now or never? on 18:14 - Feb 11 by basilrobbiereborn

Think I'll bookmark this one for now.

All this from the bloke who went sh**-stirring on the Bristol City board in his eagerness to cause trouble for our club.

You bookmark what you like Icon but at that time visiting supporters were being abuse at BR,where the match day police officer in charge was also duly concerned.

The unofficial brotherhood of football fans stood together like they did at FL HQ,against the bullies and tyrants ruining people's clubs. You should try it sometime rather than sniping at your own supporters, who made complaints and expressed genuine concerns on the way your club was run years ago.

Just as long as youve a pie,a pint and a ticket you're alright Jack.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Now or never? on 18:55 - Feb 11 with 1426 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 18:47 - Feb 11 by Plumbs

You bookmark what you like Icon but at that time visiting supporters were being abuse at BR,where the match day police officer in charge was also duly concerned.

The unofficial brotherhood of football fans stood together like they did at FL HQ,against the bullies and tyrants ruining people's clubs. You should try it sometime rather than sniping at your own supporters, who made complaints and expressed genuine concerns on the way your club was run years ago.

Just as long as youve a pie,a pint and a ticket you're alright Jack.

I don't think brotherhood had anything to do with it. The fact that some of your Leeds mates were denied entry to BR for being so p***ed they could barely walk might have done though. You certainly had it in for the club after that…..

I'm glad you've got me down to one pie and one pint though.

Now or never? on 19:00 - Feb 11 with 1416 viewsPlumbs

Now or never? on 18:55 - Feb 11 by basilrobbiereborn

I don't think brotherhood had anything to do with it. The fact that some of your Leeds mates were denied entry to BR for being so p***ed they could barely walk might have done though. You certainly had it in for the club after that…..

I'm glad you've got me down to one pie and one pint though.

That wasn't the case Mr Lewisham and the pie and pint reference was merely symbolic (tee hee)
[Post edited 11 Feb 2015 19:12]

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Login to get fewer ads

Now or never? on 23:41 - Feb 11 with 1371 viewsSuddicktheKing

In all honesty, we were relegated before a ball was kicked this season. Even by recent years' standards, this has been beyond fiasco. I admire fans being loyal and I respect some of the 'old faithful's' on here but lads-get real. No amount of wishful thinking is getting us out of this one. I've followed the Pool all over the country since 1961 but what we have now is not a team, it is a desperate mix of kids, journeymen and no hopers who won't be here next year. We have had bad teams before but there always seemed a common cause somehow. How do you identify with a side that has had 49 players before the end of Feb?
We know the reason for this appalling and seemingly deliberate descent into the abyss and until there is regime change there is no way back on or off the pitch. After this season's ticket expires, there will be NAPM from my family until that happens-and that breaks my heart, it really does.
Now or never? on 18:08 - Feb 12 with 1338 viewsBigbrother

Now or never? on 23:41 - Feb 11 by SuddicktheKing

In all honesty, we were relegated before a ball was kicked this season. Even by recent years' standards, this has been beyond fiasco. I admire fans being loyal and I respect some of the 'old faithful's' on here but lads-get real. No amount of wishful thinking is getting us out of this one. I've followed the Pool all over the country since 1961 but what we have now is not a team, it is a desperate mix of kids, journeymen and no hopers who won't be here next year. We have had bad teams before but there always seemed a common cause somehow. How do you identify with a side that has had 49 players before the end of Feb?
We know the reason for this appalling and seemingly deliberate descent into the abyss and until there is regime change there is no way back on or off the pitch. After this season's ticket expires, there will be NAPM from my family until that happens-and that breaks my heart, it really does.

I think BRR speaks from the heart .. but most fans are now speaking from the head and that means more NAPM's and potentially a breaking with links with the club entirely. I must confess I have already thought about alternative teams and what else I could do to spend my time.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Now or never? on 10:14 - Feb 27 with 1265 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 18:08 - Feb 12 by Bigbrother

I think BRR speaks from the heart .. but most fans are now speaking from the head and that means more NAPM's and potentially a breaking with links with the club entirely. I must confess I have already thought about alternative teams and what else I could do to spend my time.

It was interesting to go back to this, and no doubt our position has got worse with 2 points from the 12 on offer so far being well short of what we realistically needed.

The value of tomorrow may be more symbolic than anything - a win would see us on level points with PLW and if we got it you'd hope they would go to Brum prepared to fight for the "prize" of being 23rd. Acorns and oaks spring to mind, as well as firmly clutched straws!

It could be grim fare tomorrow. But then again I thought that about the last home game too.

Now or never? on 18:32 - Feb 27 with 1198 viewsTang67

Now or never? on 10:14 - Feb 27 by basilrobbiereborn

It was interesting to go back to this, and no doubt our position has got worse with 2 points from the 12 on offer so far being well short of what we realistically needed.

The value of tomorrow may be more symbolic than anything - a win would see us on level points with PLW and if we got it you'd hope they would go to Brum prepared to fight for the "prize" of being 23rd. Acorns and oaks spring to mind, as well as firmly clutched straws!

It could be grim fare tomorrow. But then again I thought that about the last home game too.

Got to give you respect as a polemicist Robbie - I think your post suggests we are down
To say it HAS been a bad season does not begin to describe what has happened
I have been of the attend games ,protest and napm school of thought - part of wants yo boycott tomorrow however it was Wigan away last season when out of frustration I said fxxx your free ticket only toiss the game of the season
In saying that we were still in it lsdy season

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Now or never? on 19:09 - Feb 27 with 1189 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 18:32 - Feb 27 by Tang67

Got to give you respect as a polemicist Robbie - I think your post suggests we are down
To say it HAS been a bad season does not begin to describe what has happened
I have been of the attend games ,protest and napm school of thought - part of wants yo boycott tomorrow however it was Wigan away last season when out of frustration I said fxxx your free ticket only toiss the game of the season
In saying that we were still in it lsdy season

I've never been called a polemicist before, thank you (I think).

Now or never? on 03:27 - Feb 28 with 1147 viewsseasider13

It seems an awful lot is riding on this Wigan game, although mathamaticly not, but if we lose is that season over,

What a grim scenario,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Now or never? on 05:55 - Feb 28 with 1139 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 03:27 - Feb 28 by seasider13

It seems an awful lot is riding on this Wigan game, although mathamaticly not, but if we lose is that season over,

What a grim scenario,

I think we need eight wins, or the equivalent, from thirteen games. As we've won four from thirty three, I can't say I'm too hopeful.

One game at a time, as Lena Martell almost said.

Now or never? on 08:06 - Feb 28 with 1128 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 05:55 - Feb 28 by basilrobbiereborn

I think we need eight wins, or the equivalent, from thirteen games. As we've won four from thirty three, I can't say I'm too hopeful.

One game at a time, as Lena Martell almost said.

Basil,

Not that it is any of my business, but one picks up fag ends wondering about on the AVFTT message board, which I must say is truly state of the art.

Do you travel from London to watch the Bloomfield Road matches? The "lateral" connection is your early arrival home on Tuesday night, as stated by you on AVFTT, after Brentford.

Blimey, if you do, you are a true tangerine. I am tangerine too, but compared to you I might have to accept that, whereas you are a fantastically orange tangerine, I am a pale shade of orange tangerine!

Maybe you were just staying the night in London?
Now or never? on 12:59 - Feb 28 with 1097 viewsTang67

Now or never? on 08:06 - Feb 28 by Osbourne

Basil,

Not that it is any of my business, but one picks up fag ends wondering about on the AVFTT message board, which I must say is truly state of the art.

Do you travel from London to watch the Bloomfield Road matches? The "lateral" connection is your early arrival home on Tuesday night, as stated by you on AVFTT, after Brentford.

Blimey, if you do, you are a true tangerine. I am tangerine too, but compared to you I might have to accept that, whereas you are a fantastically orange tangerine, I am a pale shade of orange tangerine!

Maybe you were just staying the night in London?

Very strong return to the old board and generally positive reception

Go on Robbie what prompted the return ?

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Now or never? on 14:52 - Feb 28 with 1090 viewsseasider13

Now or never? on 12:59 - Feb 28 by Tang67

Very strong return to the old board and generally positive reception

Go on Robbie what prompted the return ?

They were missing him badly, and you know robbie has a soft spot for the mob, so he is over there offering some tough love, you know, the iron fist in the velvet glove type of thing.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024