Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
belated thoughts on last night 16:31 - Feb 11 with 1257 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Well, I said I didn't have any great expectations, but that was a bit cruel. I thought we'd matched them for 80 minutes and to lose to two relatively uncontested headers was not in keeping with what had been a reasonable performance, relative to what we've been seeing away from home lately.

It was one of those games where the pitch really did level it ; they were very quick on the break and had they been able to pass with confidence in the surface I think they would have put it to bed earlier. As it was, we were able to frustrate them for long periods.

I'd like to reserve judgement on Madine, who had that "playing with strangers" look about him last night**, but I thought he offered a physical presence we haven't really had so far this season. We did struggle to create much though, and you can see why they are up there as their back four were all very strong and defended as a unit. They will be there or thereabouts in May, I just wonder whether they have the firepower to make the top two though.

So, seven points from four then. The results were pretty awful last night, so my cast adrift scenario is looking far more likely, I'm afraid.

** yes, more so than anyone else, before you all start.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

belated thoughts on last night on 16:42 - Feb 11 with 1242 viewsBlade01

Madine is known for his "physical prescence"

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand!

belated thoughts on last night on 17:14 - Feb 11 with 1223 viewsscratchingshed

belated thoughts on last night on 16:42 - Feb 11 by Blade01

Madine is known for his "physical prescence"

Let's be honest coming on for Davies he didn't have a lot to prove, and I thought Windy Miller was bad.
belated thoughts on last night on 18:01 - Feb 11 with 1192 viewsseasider13

Cheers for the report robbie, its all a bit grim at the moment.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

belated thoughts on last night on 18:15 - Feb 11 with 1180 viewsWizaard

belated thoughts on last night on 18:01 - Feb 11 by seasider13

Cheers for the report robbie, its all a bit grim at the moment.

As I said earlier on Scratchers thread, the nature of the goals conceded was what annoyed me. Boro aren't good enough to be an automatic promotion team.
belated thoughts on last night on 18:49 - Feb 11 with 1152 viewsPlumbs

belated thoughts on last night on 18:15 - Feb 11 by Wizaard

As I said earlier on Scratchers thread, the nature of the goals conceded was what annoyed me. Boro aren't good enough to be an automatic promotion team.

Boro keep winning critical games and are solid at home. Look nailed on to me.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

belated thoughts on last night on 20:19 - Feb 11 with 1097 viewsOldSkool

Dont judge Boro on that performance.
They rested some of their star players, rather than have them get injured on the cabbage field.
belated thoughts on last night on 20:33 - Feb 11 with 1088 viewsstraightatthewall

belated thoughts on last night on 20:19 - Feb 11 by OldSkool

Dont judge Boro on that performance.
They rested some of their star players, rather than have them get injured on the cabbage field.

Boro turned a point into 3 after looking average.

We turned a point into 0 after giving it our all.

It's a telling sign.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

belated thoughts on last night on 22:56 - Feb 11 with 1014 viewsWizaard

belated thoughts on last night on 20:33 - Feb 11 by straightatthewall

Boro turned a point into 3 after looking average.

We turned a point into 0 after giving it our all.

It's a telling sign.

I don't dispute any of that, straiters.

What I'm saying is that Boro aren't all that based on the two viewings I've had of them live and they won't be in the Top 2.
Login to get fewer ads

belated thoughts on last night on 23:44 - Feb 11 with 994 viewsPlumbs

belated thoughts on last night on 22:56 - Feb 11 by Wizaard

I don't dispute any of that, straiters.

What I'm saying is that Boro aren't all that based on the two viewings I've had of them live and they won't be in the Top 2.

Wizz:
Depends on what you see over two games but we've done the double over Bournemouth and they looked fragile when attacked,but check out the other auto promo contenders.
Don't think Derby are any better and Ipswich now have too much to do,and Boro have the Chelsea geezer who's boots are on fire.

We might have to have a shilling on this.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

belated thoughts on last night on 18:15 - Feb 12 with 897 viewsHappy_Satsuma

belated thoughts on last night on 23:44 - Feb 11 by Plumbs

Wizz:
Depends on what you see over two games but we've done the double over Bournemouth and they looked fragile when attacked,but check out the other auto promo contenders.
Don't think Derby are any better and Ipswich now have too much to do,and Boro have the Chelsea geezer who's boots are on fire.

We might have to have a shilling on this.

[i} they were very quick on the break - therein lies the problem - when was the last time we broke and score a goal and how many times has that happened to us? I worry more about our own corners and free kicks than I do the oppositions!

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024