Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS 16:28 - Feb 20 with 4608 viewsLeeJCP

OFFICIAL KNIGHTS POST

On 21st March Blackpool play Leeds United at Bloomfield Road. We have been in discussion with Leeds United fans on how to proceed on the day with joint action.

Discussions are still ongoing, although we should be able to release full information later today about a joint Blackpool and Leeds 'Cellino In Oyston Out' protest outside the West stand.

There is also the Tangerine Knights organized part of the Demo Day, which is also being backed by Leeds fans, some of whom have expressed an interest in attending.

AFC Blackpool v Bootle tickets now on sale. £5 adults/£1 children

Saturday 21st March, 3:00pm kick-off

For tickets:
Please inbox or tickets are also currently on sale at the following pubs:

The Highfield, Highfield Road, Blackpool FY4 3LA

Belle Vue, Whitegate Drive, Blackpool FY3 9DQ

Mere Park, Preston Old Road, Blackpool FY3 9SP

Devonshire Arms, Devonshire Road, Blackpool FY2 0TL

Newton Arms, Staining Road, Normoss, Blackpool FY3 0AJ

Any further venues that wish to sell tickets please let us know, and we will also update with any other venues that sell tickets.

There will also be 500 tickets for 'pay on the gate' for those unable to buy in advance.

Each ticket also doubles up as a raffle ticket with your own unique number, and prizes to be announced.

The aim is of course to boycott the Blackpool FC v Leeds United match and instead go to watch AFC Blackpool v Bootle at Jepson Way.

Let's show the Oystons an empty ground and what the future holds for them!
Let's show them visually that they need to sell up and go!!!

A sell out of AFC Blackpool will keep that club running for two years including all of their kids teams and running costs. We will then be supporting grassroots football and the local community whilst showing the Oyston family that we will not stop until they leave.

There will also be a Cellino In, Oyston Out protest at Bloomfield Road from 1:45pm until just before kick-off so that supporters can be involved in both protests, with hopefully transport between Bloomfield Road and Jepson Way.

Please share this announcement as much as you can.

Full details of the entire days protests will be announced later today following discussion with Leeds fans groups which are continuing this afternoon.

There will though be plenty for all to take part in.
---------------------------------------

AFC Blackpool, The Mechanics, Jepson Way, Blackpool FY4 5DY

MORE DETAILS WILL BE UPDATED WITHIN THIS THREAD AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE THANKS

https://www.facebook.com/tangerineknightssupport?fref=nf

HERE ARE LINKS TO UPDATED DETAILS

TANGERINE KNIGHTS

https://www.facebook.com/tangerineknightssupport/posts/1550944431854228?notif_t=

Supporters Unite Against The Football League

https://www.facebook.com/login.php?next=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%

THESE UPDATES CONTAIN TIMES AND OTHER INFO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THANK YOU
[Post edited 20 Feb 2015 18:36]
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 19:58 - Feb 20 with 4561 viewsWizaard

Are the Leeds fans boycotting the game as well?

I have no issues with protests, but I think calls for a boycott are misconceived and will never gain enough traction to really be effective.

Like it or not, the vast majority of fans on any given Saturday will turn up and know nothing of this and won't turn round and go to Common Edge Rd.
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 20:09 - Feb 20 with 4559 viewsLeeJCP

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 19:58 - Feb 20 by Wizaard

Are the Leeds fans boycotting the game as well?

I have no issues with protests, but I think calls for a boycott are misconceived and will never gain enough traction to really be effective.

Like it or not, the vast majority of fans on any given Saturday will turn up and know nothing of this and won't turn round and go to Common Edge Rd.

Hi Wizzard, some Leeds fans have said they will attend the AFC Pool game, so I guess the answer to your question is, there are people willing to Boycott.

The majority will obviously enter to watch, but I know there are a lot of Blackpool Supporters myself included will head to AFC after the protest.

I know this is not definitive, but hope it helps. Thank you
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 20:30 - Feb 20 with 4551 viewsolneyseasider

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 20:09 - Feb 20 by LeeJCP

Hi Wizzard, some Leeds fans have said they will attend the AFC Pool game, so I guess the answer to your question is, there are people willing to Boycott.

The majority will obviously enter to watch, but I know there are a lot of Blackpool Supporters myself included will head to AFC after the protest.

I know this is not definitive, but hope it helps. Thank you

Wizaard you are right that we will never achieve a 100% boycott, but increasingly even those who paid in advance for STs aren't going. And there will be critical points in time when it won't just be drip, drip; such as when people have to decide whether they want to give more money to the Os and renew the STs. At those moments there will be a dramatic drop off and empty seats speak volumes (although perhaps not as much as cash flow).

In the meantime, if you have already shelled out, then attend by all means but please be vocal and shout out your opposition to the current regime. And please, please don't spend any money in the ground. I know a pie and a pint don't cost much but sometimes small things carry a big message; to both sides.
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 14:19 - Feb 21 with 4502 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

If those who go enjoy it, will they get a season ticket in future at AFC Blackpool? If say 500 buy AFC Blackpool season tickets in the first year, then people may start to take note and there's a good chance that club will start to progress up the leagues. Success will then build up momentum and more and more will no doubt follow. I don't understand people, who are so unhappy with the current Blackpool FC, keeping an association just because of historical ties. If the present feels so bad and you can see no future for it, then surely the thing to do would be to start down a different path in the hope of better times ahead.

Personally, I wish the current club and fanbase could really come back together and sell out 16,000 every week in League One next season to bounce back up like Norwich but there's not really any hope in hell of that happening under the current status quo.
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 19:12 - Feb 21 with 4467 viewsribble

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 14:19 - Feb 21 by BigHandsOliverKahn

If those who go enjoy it, will they get a season ticket in future at AFC Blackpool? If say 500 buy AFC Blackpool season tickets in the first year, then people may start to take note and there's a good chance that club will start to progress up the leagues. Success will then build up momentum and more and more will no doubt follow. I don't understand people, who are so unhappy with the current Blackpool FC, keeping an association just because of historical ties. If the present feels so bad and you can see no future for it, then surely the thing to do would be to start down a different path in the hope of better times ahead.

Personally, I wish the current club and fanbase could really come back together and sell out 16,000 every week in League One next season to bounce back up like Norwich but there's not really any hope in hell of that happening under the current status quo.

I'm not sure how I would feel about this if I was an AFC Blackpool fan.

On the one hand I'd be please about the money coming in to the club and the raised profile which no doubt will come with it.

On the other, I might feel that my club is being cynically used as a protest vehicle in a dispute in which I've no interest and AFCB is not a party to. It would probably come down to whether or not I thought it likely that I might set eyes on the additional 'support' ever again.
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 20:45 - Feb 21 with 4454 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 19:12 - Feb 21 by ribble

I'm not sure how I would feel about this if I was an AFC Blackpool fan.

On the one hand I'd be please about the money coming in to the club and the raised profile which no doubt will come with it.

On the other, I might feel that my club is being cynically used as a protest vehicle in a dispute in which I've no interest and AFCB is not a party to. It would probably come down to whether or not I thought it likely that I might set eyes on the additional 'support' ever again.

I take your point but I think they are so far down the pyramid that the boost in funds will be quite welcome no matter what the circumstances. I'm not sure how many solely AFC Blackpool fans there are - most I knew who used to attend games there were also Blackpool FC fans.
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 15:33 - Feb 22 with 4398 viewsLeeJCP

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 20:45 - Feb 21 by BigHandsOliverKahn

I take your point but I think they are so far down the pyramid that the boost in funds will be quite welcome no matter what the circumstances. I'm not sure how many solely AFC Blackpool fans there are - most I knew who used to attend games there were also Blackpool FC fans.

Just so you all are aware AFC Blackpool are fully behind this and they are selling the tickets as "Oyston Out Protest Match" (or words t that effect)

I am well informed that they are looking forward to a full house and appreciate the extra income this will generate for them.
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 12:15 - Feb 28 with 4295 viewsLeeJCP

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 15:33 - Feb 22 by LeeJCP

Just so you all are aware AFC Blackpool are fully behind this and they are selling the tickets as "Oyston Out Protest Match" (or words t that effect)

I am well informed that they are looking forward to a full house and appreciate the extra income this will generate for them.

bump from page 2
Login to get fewer ads

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 14:16 - Feb 28 with 4280 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 14:19 - Feb 21 by BigHandsOliverKahn

That BHOK is a decent post ,myself I dont go anymore but the path I would like to go down is the Blackpool FC one and no one elses ,I just hope in the very near future I am allowed to walk down that path again when you know who have sold up.
UTP
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 15:10 - Feb 28 with 4273 viewsLeeJCP

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 14:16 - Feb 28 by West_Stand_Ultra

That BHOK is a decent post ,myself I dont go anymore but the path I would like to go down is the Blackpool FC one and no one elses ,I just hope in the very near future I am allowed to walk down that path again when you know who have sold up.
UTP

This is not a switch of allegiance WSU, it's simply a one game boycott and AFC have put effort in with the Knights to arrange it. I will be at AFC on 21 March along with many others. They deserve the support and the extra funds will at least go into football and not the pockets of some greedy thieving owner.

I will watch AFC Blackpool a few times and will enjoy the games BUT my love for Blackpool FC will never die, I will always be a Blackpool FC supporter, but not Oyscum FC and I look forward to the change of ownership!
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 15:45 - Feb 28 with 4270 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 15:10 - Feb 28 by LeeJCP

This is not a switch of allegiance WSU, it's simply a one game boycott and AFC have put effort in with the Knights to arrange it. I will be at AFC on 21 March along with many others. They deserve the support and the extra funds will at least go into football and not the pockets of some greedy thieving owner.

I will watch AFC Blackpool a few times and will enjoy the games BUT my love for Blackpool FC will never die, I will always be a Blackpool FC supporter, but not Oyscum FC and I look forward to the change of ownership!

Yes Lee I know that but it is something I wont take part in but I will be at Bloomers for the protest .
TBH I am just getting sick and tired of it all just want it all to end and get back to watching BFC.
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 09:57 - Mar 2 with 4208 viewsLeeJCP

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 15:45 - Feb 28 by West_Stand_Ultra

Yes Lee I know that but it is something I wont take part in but I will be at Bloomers for the protest .
TBH I am just getting sick and tired of it all just want it all to end and get back to watching BFC.

WSU no worries mate I have always said all along everyone has to protest in the way that is right for them. I nor others should judge that and I will not.

We are all in the same fight and go about things in different ways, that to me is no big deal..

When the Oystons fork off I will be back watching. Good luck to everyone who fights in their own way..
21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 01:24 - Mar 6 with 4090 viewsLeeJCP

21 March Leeds game PROTESTS on 09:57 - Mar 2 by LeeJCP

WSU no worries mate I have always said all along everyone has to protest in the way that is right for them. I nor others should judge that and I will not.

We are all in the same fight and go about things in different ways, that to me is no big deal..

When the Oystons fork off I will be back watching. Good luck to everyone who fights in their own way..

bump
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024