Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gowerjack on the Radio 20:16 - Feb 23 with 5512 viewsGowerjack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0536hlg

Call Rob Phillips 37-48 minutes.

Me, Leighton and the fruit machine thief ...

Enjoy.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:32 - Feb 23 with 3994 viewsNeath_Jack

Fair play, you spoke very well.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:36 - Feb 23 with 3965 viewsLohengrin

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:32 - Feb 23 by Neath_Jack

Fair play, you spoke very well.

He did indeed.

..."he sounded quite a bitter Bassey." Good work!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:37 - Feb 23 with 3958 viewsOldjack

Tidy , Investment ,all we need is some rich git to want his name spread around the world week in week out ,we can even name the stadium after him for a few modest millions ,jobs done

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:39 - Feb 23 with 3948 viewsNeathJack

Great call that mate.

Leighton though......
Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:45 - Feb 23 with 3903 viewsOldjack

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:39 - Feb 23 by NeathJack

Great call that mate.

Leighton though......

he's not a well man mind

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:55 - Feb 23 with 3860 viewsItchySphincter

Leighton sounds like he's been on the sauce.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:59 - Feb 23 with 3836 viewsDarran

That must be Gowerjacks telephone voice he doesn't speak like that normally.

Great call though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gowerjack on the Radio on 21:03 - Feb 23 with 3814 viewsThe_Bounder

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:55 - Feb 23 by ItchySphincter

Recovery from a minor stroke old boy.

Well spoke Gowerjack! Top chap!

Sadly no longer in The Salisbury embracing Premier League football!

Login to get fewer ads

Gowerjack on the Radio on 21:12 - Feb 23 with 3762 viewsScoobyWho

Gowerjack on the Radio on 20:55 - Feb 23 by ItchySphincter

Leighton has clearly suffered in recovery from his stroke, has a minor speech impediment.
But what a player that man was.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gowerjack on the Radio on 21:31 - Feb 23 with 3696 viewsTom1912

Well played Gowerjack, well played.
Gowerjack on the Radio on 21:54 - Feb 23 with 3616 viewsPinky

Nice one Steve. Points well made.

Bitter Basseys.
Gowerjack on the Radio on 22:08 - Feb 23 with 3563 viewsItchySphincter

Gowerjack on the Radio on 21:03 - Feb 23 by The_Bounder

Recovery from a minor stroke old boy.

Well spoke Gowerjack! Top chap!

I thought it might've been that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gowerjack on the Radio on 22:24 - Feb 23 with 3514 viewsNewhousemustscore

I know he's had a stroke but he's not the most of articulate of speakers (that's Leighton not Gowerjack). Meanwhile, Gowerjack could have his own weekly spot and then muscle his way in when Leighton next gets suspended from the show.
Gowerjack on the Radio on 22:34 - Feb 23 with 3484 views1jack

There was a scum tvvat on at about 10 minutes in continually referring to us as Abertawe Town. They really have got fook all have they, the presenters didn't acknowledge this at all. He really embarrassed himself and all the other bitter, bitter turds of blue.
Gowerjack on the Radio on 22:53 - Feb 23 with 3425 viewsNookiejack

Tremendous stuff Gowerjack - terrific communication of the issues.

One thing the presenters don't seem to grasp is that under Financial Fair Play (FFP) - rich 'investors' are now not allowed to make loans to the club (like Vincent Tan) for it to splash the cash on players.

I think they may be able to put equity investment in (which doesn't have to be repaid by the club - like a loan) so none of these rich investors are interested in doing this.

I think you can provide a loan for stadium improvement. With no debt you would think we could obtain a commercial loan to do this - instead of needing an outside investor.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong about the FFP rules and equity investment.

Great stuff once again Gowerjack
Gowerjack on the Radio on 00:23 - Feb 24 with 3328 viewsLeonisGod

Gowerjack on the Radio on 22:53 - Feb 23 by Nookiejack

Tremendous stuff Gowerjack - terrific communication of the issues.

One thing the presenters don't seem to grasp is that under Financial Fair Play (FFP) - rich 'investors' are now not allowed to make loans to the club (like Vincent Tan) for it to splash the cash on players.

I think they may be able to put equity investment in (which doesn't have to be repaid by the club - like a loan) so none of these rich investors are interested in doing this.

I think you can provide a loan for stadium improvement. With no debt you would think we could obtain a commercial loan to do this - instead of needing an outside investor.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong about the FFP rules and equity investment.

Great stuff once again Gowerjack

I think that's correct. Sugar daddies are ok if they put money into the club. Owners can't just provide loans outside of the FFP structure.
Gowerjack on the Radio on 07:17 - Feb 24 with 3201 viewsairedale

Gowerjack on the Radio on 00:23 - Feb 24 by LeonisGod

I think that's correct. Sugar daddies are ok if they put money into the club. Owners can't just provide loans outside of the FFP structure.

I get the impression that the owners of clubs like Chelsea and Man City seem to have a more philanthropic approach to their funding. Where they benefit the local area as well as the club.
Gowerjack on the Radio on 09:55 - Feb 24 with 3078 viewsNookiejack

Gowerjack on the Radio on 07:17 - Feb 24 by airedale

I get the impression that the owners of clubs like Chelsea and Man City seem to have a more philanthropic approach to their funding. Where they benefit the local area as well as the club.

Do you know whether Man City's and Chelsea's funding is debt funding or equity funding - made by their respective owners?

Under FFP they would be able to undertake debt funding for stadium improvement but not for splashing the cash on players (i.e. One of the rules is that max you can only increase your wage bill by Max £4m per season plus any net increase in commercial revenue. Another rule is maximum loss over 3 seasons if owner does not inject equity = £15m (which is not a lot)).

I assume it is debt funding as Man City have been fined £50m under FFP and Mourinho has been complaining about it in the press this season - as think Man Utd are at a significant competitive advantage due to their commercial revenue.

They have obviously splashed the cash to date on players - but that was before FFP was introduced.
Gowerjack on the Radio on 10:17 - Feb 24 with 3056 viewsNookiejack

Gowerjack on the Radio on 09:55 - Feb 24 by Nookiejack

Do you know whether Man City's and Chelsea's funding is debt funding or equity funding - made by their respective owners?

Under FFP they would be able to undertake debt funding for stadium improvement but not for splashing the cash on players (i.e. One of the rules is that max you can only increase your wage bill by Max £4m per season plus any net increase in commercial revenue. Another rule is maximum loss over 3 seasons if owner does not inject equity = £15m (which is not a lot)).

I assume it is debt funding as Man City have been fined £50m under FFP and Mourinho has been complaining about it in the press this season - as think Man Utd are at a significant competitive advantage due to their commercial revenue.

They have obviously splashed the cash to date on players - but that was before FFP was introduced.

Just wanted to say sorry for going off track about FFP and potential rich investors - as this thread is about Gowerjack's terrific phone-in and I would recommend that people listen to it.
Gowerjack on the Radio on 10:27 - Feb 24 with 3036 viewsperchrockjack

Steve was very eloquent

The only way I seem to be at odds is not to dismiss the notion of us progressing further .

We have consolidated, we are PL to stay and we should be looking upwards

I agree about being circumspect about any"investment" but let s not dismiss it out of hand.

That is all

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gowerjack on the Radio on 10:41 - Feb 24 with 3022 viewsNookiejack

Gowerjack on the Radio on 10:27 - Feb 24 by perchrockjack

Steve was very eloquent

The only way I seem to be at odds is not to dismiss the notion of us progressing further .

We have consolidated, we are PL to stay and we should be looking upwards

I agree about being circumspect about any"investment" but let s not dismiss it out of hand.

That is all

I didn't think Gowerjack did dismiss investment out of hand.

In my view he provided a very balanced view and said let's always understand a potential investor's intentions before committing. I thought that was very sensible.

People can listen themselves and form their own view.
Gowerjack on the Radio on 11:03 - Feb 24 with 2998 viewsPrivate_Partz

Enjoy i did. Very well done. Even though I would give stadium expansion a little more priority you have an up arrow from me :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gowerjack on the Radio on 11:15 - Feb 24 with 2974 viewsMrSwerve

Very well spoken, Gowerjack. Well done.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gowerjack on the Radio on 12:29 - Feb 24 with 2902 viewstarka

Excellent really important points well hammered home — well done

The only other thing re the 25% is it is not just related to the level of the money we could offer but the fact that that keeping the trust weaker (below 25%) makes all the shares more valuable (possibly considerably so and possibly the difference between a sale and no sale).

But a Trust hostile to takeover has much moral, media, supporter and some legal strength to prevent buyout anyway by presenting an ongoing obstacle which would put off many in it purely for profit. This massively devalues the shares anyway.

Of course complex issues to go into in depth on a radio phone in.

As as been said — how much profit is enough and how much are they prepared to sell the security of the Trust downriver in order to maximise profits. Especially as this was the original holy grail and the ongoing theme used to sell themselves and the club.

We should face the shareholders up and get them together and find out exactly their approach to getting the extra shares to substantially secure the future of the Trust.

If it is a matter of price then get a written agreement and raise the money to pay a “fair” price.

If it is just a matter of keeping the Trust weak (and thus vunerable to being forced out of the club without the 25% protection) then lets get this on the table and shame them with a media campaign.

Lets face it they were prepared to guarantee a majority shareholding to profit seeking business men with a questionable history, whilst leaving the Trust in a weak position that could have left it forced out of the club then that must be a real concern.

The fact that they have been looking according to Phil’s statement since the end of our 2nd season and this is the best they have come up with might also be an issue for concern
Gowerjack on the Radio on 13:15 - Feb 24 with 2845 viewsperchrockjack

I wasnt saying he was but some apparently do.

For sure ,our club is respected by most fans from pl

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024