Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! 18:52 - Mar 5 with 2478 viewschesterbfc

In my opinion one of the most over rated players to wear a Pool shirt in years. I have had the mis fortune to have been present at every home game and several away games and long drew the conclusion he was playing for Cardiff to stiff us for Play off final like Chopra before him. Cant catch, dive or move. We havent had a class goalie since Steve Banks and Clarke is correct . Good riddance
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 21:03 - Mar 5 with 2426 viewsOsbourne

Harsh,

Goal keeping fault last night apparently (Birmingham).

Lewis cannot be blamed. He wasn't even in the 18!

Lewis might not of been Gordon Banks, but he wasn't bad.

Elliot Parish kept a clean sheet v Cardiff. Let's hope he does well if Pool go with him.

Looks like Lewis does not want to stay for 2015-16 season. That is the selection problem not his quality.

Everyone to their own though. You have said this before. Lewis has certainly shipped some goals this season!

I like him though. If you sat next to him on the train, you would never think he was a professional goalkeeper! He should wear a cloth cap, then he really would look the business!
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 22:35 - Mar 5 with 2397 viewscamberwell1

Erm - you've clearly not watched him properly

Excellent keeper
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 00:31 - Mar 6 with 2384 viewsOverWired

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 21:03 - Mar 5 by Osbourne

Harsh,

Goal keeping fault last night apparently (Birmingham).

Lewis cannot be blamed. He wasn't even in the 18!

Lewis might not of been Gordon Banks, but he wasn't bad.

Elliot Parish kept a clean sheet v Cardiff. Let's hope he does well if Pool go with him.

Looks like Lewis does not want to stay for 2015-16 season. That is the selection problem not his quality.

Everyone to their own though. You have said this before. Lewis has certainly shipped some goals this season!

I like him though. If you sat next to him on the train, you would never think he was a professional goalkeeper! He should wear a cloth cap, then he really would look the business!

Thank you again Mr. Osbourne for a true assessment of the situation and I agree, Lewis should wear a clothcap.
If only Mr. Oyston were to wear something that made him look like a professional chairman .....
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 13:07 - Mar 7 with 2286 viewschesterbfc

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 00:31 - Mar 6 by OverWired

Thank you again Mr. Osbourne for a true assessment of the situation and I agree, Lewis should wear a clothcap.
If only Mr. Oyston were to wear something that made him look like a professional chairman .....

Watched every blunder he,s made ,He,s no good
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 20:16 - Mar 7 with 2170 viewsOsbourne

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 13:07 - Mar 7 by chesterbfc

Watched every blunder he,s made ,He,s no good

chesterbfc,

Osbourne does not agree with you.

Lewis has done well for Pool. Joe is a good keeper.

Your view is a subjective view point and is respected.

Osbourne remembers the Wolves away 2nd goal debacle. It was a fantastic blunder by Lewis. The Wolves game though was already lost. Osbourne of course enjoys a good goal keeping debacle. I prefer it to be an opposition blunder, but the Lewis blunder at Wolves was a classic. He did everything wrong!

Osbourne still likes Lewis though. He has done well for Pool. Osbourne wishes Joe well for 2015-16 season, where ever he goes.

You needn't worry, chesterbfc, Lewis will not be protecting the Pool "onion bag" again this season. Elliot Parish is the new protector.

Osbourne most definitely does not agree with this idea of planning for 2015-16.
Osbourne wanted to fight to the bitter end in 2014-15, but Pool are simply not doing it.

Joe Lewis, Peter Clarke, Tony McMahon, Cubero, Davies already gone to Sheffield United (unbelievable), Miller? Rentmiester, others too, just not being played.

Really disappointing.

The equation now is 8/10 wins necessary.

Osbourne simply says this, "Osbourne would be scrapping for every point, just on the outside chance that others (Wigan, Millwall, Rotherham, Brighton, Fulham and Reading) slip up."

Did Pool even have a shot on target in the 2nd half today (Sheffield Wednesday)? - Hopeless.

Osbourne is very disappointed.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 23:31]
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 20:31 - Mar 7 with 2162 viewsribble

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 20:16 - Mar 7 by Osbourne

chesterbfc,

Osbourne does not agree with you.

Lewis has done well for Pool. Joe is a good keeper.

Your view is a subjective view point and is respected.

Osbourne remembers the Wolves away 2nd goal debacle. It was a fantastic blunder by Lewis. The Wolves game though was already lost. Osbourne of course enjoys a good goal keeping debacle. I prefer it to be an opposition blunder, but the Lewis blunder at Wolves was a classic. He did everything wrong!

Osbourne still likes Lewis though. He has done well for Pool. Osbourne wishes Joe well for 2015-16 season, where ever he goes.

You needn't worry, chesterbfc, Lewis will not be protecting the Pool "onion bag" again this season. Elliot Parish is the new protector.

Osbourne most definitely does not agree with this idea of planning for 2015-16.
Osbourne wanted to fight to the bitter end in 2014-15, but Pool are simply not doing it.

Joe Lewis, Peter Clarke, Tony McMahon, Cubero, Davies already gone to Sheffield United (unbelievable), Miller? Rentmiester, others too, just not being played.

Really disappointing.

The equation now is 8/10 wins necessary.

Osbourne simply says this, "Osbourne would be scrapping for every point, just on the outside chance that others (Wigan, Millwall, Rotherham, Brighton, Fulham and Reading) slip up."

Did Pool even have a shot on target in the 2nd half today (Sheffield Wednesday)? - Hopeless.

Osbourne is very disappointed.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 23:31]

If I remember rightly, it was another Parish error which ultimately lead to the goal today.

If the club has the nerve to hold a Player of the Season vote this year then my predication is Lewis will get it.
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 15:53 - Mar 8 with 2084 viewsseasider13

Last two games 2 goalkeeper errors, 2 defeats, HOOT FFIN HOOT,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 19:40 - Mar 8 with 2050 viewscamberwell1

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 15:53 - Mar 8 by seasider13

Last two games 2 goalkeeper errors, 2 defeats, HOOT FFIN HOOT,

If Lewis makes a mistake it is as minor as your original post message

Sorry he has been superb most of the season and made far fewer mistakes than most of ALL of the other players and certainly the manager and the unmentionable Chairperson

IMO he'd get my vote for player of the year
Login to get fewer ads

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 19:08 - Mar 13 with 1937 viewschesterbfc

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 19:40 - Mar 8 by camberwell1

If Lewis makes a mistake it is as minor as your original post message

Sorry he has been superb most of the season and made far fewer mistakes than most of ALL of the other players and certainly the manager and the unmentionable Chairperson

IMO he'd get my vote for player of the year

Never said Parrish was any good, just that Lewis is one of the worst keepers to wear the shirt, no compromise, he,s rubbish ,a bigger disaster than Kingston. My umble opinion, havin watched personally over 70 per cent of games this season
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 20:46 - Mar 13 with 1913 viewsOsbourne

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 19:08 - Mar 13 by chesterbfc

Never said Parrish was any good, just that Lewis is one of the worst keepers to wear the shirt, no compromise, he,s rubbish ,a bigger disaster than Kingston. My umble opinion, havin watched personally over 70 per cent of games this season

chesterbfc,

Osbourne, talking subjectively says : "Osbourne likes Lewis."

Lewis has made some splendid saves this season for Pool. Osbourne rates him highly.

Osbourne though, respects your subjective opinion. Foootball is a game of opinions.

For Osbourne, Joe Lewis is as good as any Championship keeper we have seen at Bloomfield Road this season. Lewis gave Osbourne more confidence than Gilks, and Osbourne liked Gilks too!

Osbourne standing up for Joe Lewis. Stay for 2015-16 please Joe.
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 13:35 - Mar 14 with 1886 viewschesterbfc

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 20:46 - Mar 13 by Osbourne

chesterbfc,

Osbourne, talking subjectively says : "Osbourne likes Lewis."

Lewis has made some splendid saves this season for Pool. Osbourne rates him highly.

Osbourne though, respects your subjective opinion. Foootball is a game of opinions.

For Osbourne, Joe Lewis is as good as any Championship keeper we have seen at Bloomfield Road this season. Lewis gave Osbourne more confidence than Gilks, and Osbourne liked Gilks too!

Osbourne standing up for Joe Lewis. Stay for 2015-16 please Joe.

A pity you didn't see any of the good Pool keepers, from GF,TW,CW,JB to S Banks Only McG was worse than J Lewis, Gilks also was poor. I had more confidence in PR
Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 10:28 - Mar 15 with 1831 viewscamberwell1

Lewis Who gives a hoot!!! on 13:35 - Mar 14 by chesterbfc

A pity you didn't see any of the good Pool keepers, from GF,TW,CW,JB to S Banks Only McG was worse than J Lewis, Gilks also was poor. I had more confidence in PR

You missed off Harry Thompson the Gibbon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024