Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats your experience of the police 11:11 - Mar 7 with 28271 viewslibertine

recently I've had a bit of a negative image of the police, I believe they've got to messed up with political correctness, the reports I've made to them have involved race issues and they would not go near my complaints even insinuating that I was some sort of bigot.

I don't think that they should go back to the 80's police force as they became Margarets private army, they loved her with the 10% pay rise they got.

But I must say that when I really needed help as one of my kids went missing, the police behaved fantastically, efficient emphatic amazingly sharp, I felt safe in their hands.

I've had a couple of bad experiences in the past with obnoxious plastics, who just wanted to have a bit of power.

But the experience when they helped find my daughter completely6 puts thiings in perspective, it made me realise, what the hell would I have done if there were no police.

whats your experience with the police?
whats your experience of the police on 11:39 - Mar 13 with 2542 viewsperchrockjack

Ive just seen an earlier post about coppers being too fat to chase ...

Pray tell me where there are officers on foot and not the ones wheeled out for public display.

Fact is. if you re a criminal whether a career one or part timer , you have to be stupid in the extreme to get caught in the first place as the odds are stacked in your favour.

If you re found guilty, you ve had a bad jury full of middle class wine drinking , rugby loving tw@ts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 16:10 - Mar 13 with 2505 viewsDavillin

whats your experience of the police on 11:39 - Mar 13 by perchrockjack

Ive just seen an earlier post about coppers being too fat to chase ...

Pray tell me where there are officers on foot and not the ones wheeled out for public display.

Fact is. if you re a criminal whether a career one or part timer , you have to be stupid in the extreme to get caught in the first place as the odds are stacked in your favour.

If you re found guilty, you ve had a bad jury full of middle class wine drinking , rugby loving tw@ts

I'll give you an example of "stupid in the extreme."

I was asked if I'd represent a man who was in prison awaiting trial, and went to talk with him. Here's his story.

Another man, who turned out to be the boss of a fairly large crime ring, had a "stable" of burglary teams. The man I was interviewing was a member of one of the teams.

The boss gave him the following detailed plan. There was a certain warehouse he was to burgle. At the side door, there would be no vehicle in the parking space facing the door, so he should back his van into that space and enter by that door, which would be unlocked.

Inside that entrance was a door to his left, closed, and a door to his right, open. Do not open the door to his left, but enter the door to his right. There, in the middle of the large warehouse room he would find a couple of stacks of new, boxed appliances [I forget the details, something like 6 TVs, 3 stereo systems, etc.], which he was to take.

When he and his accomplice opened the outer door to carry out their first load, there was a police car blocking in their van, and two policemen standing outside the door, guns drawn.

What a coincidence, right?

Yeah, until he told me that he and his accomplice were very curious about what was so interesting behind the closed door, so they went in for a look around. Just an office, so back they went through the open door.

Have you guessed by now that inside the office was a silent alarm system connected directly to the police department?

Curiouser and curiouser. The boss had made a deal with the owner of the warehouse that turned into the plan, above. Why, you ask, would the owner do such a thing?

Well, the burglary crew were to take the loot to a fence in Philadelphia, and keep the money. What about the Boss? And what about the owner?

Well, the owner was going to make a claim to his insurance company for, let's say, 16 TVs, 9 stereo systems, etc., and share the insurance proceeds with the boss.

Clever, you say? Except the burglary team were not, and ended up copping a plea in exchange for information that not only busted the ring, but also this owner and a flock of other owners who had used the service.

Now that's "stupid in the extreme."

[p.s.] I never did represent the burglar because he had no money. He got a Public Defender. And jail time. And another tick toward his Degree in Criminal Education.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

whats your experience of the police on 19:39 - Mar 13 with 2471 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 16:10 - Mar 13 by Davillin

I'll give you an example of "stupid in the extreme."

I was asked if I'd represent a man who was in prison awaiting trial, and went to talk with him. Here's his story.

Another man, who turned out to be the boss of a fairly large crime ring, had a "stable" of burglary teams. The man I was interviewing was a member of one of the teams.

The boss gave him the following detailed plan. There was a certain warehouse he was to burgle. At the side door, there would be no vehicle in the parking space facing the door, so he should back his van into that space and enter by that door, which would be unlocked.

Inside that entrance was a door to his left, closed, and a door to his right, open. Do not open the door to his left, but enter the door to his right. There, in the middle of the large warehouse room he would find a couple of stacks of new, boxed appliances [I forget the details, something like 6 TVs, 3 stereo systems, etc.], which he was to take.

When he and his accomplice opened the outer door to carry out their first load, there was a police car blocking in their van, and two policemen standing outside the door, guns drawn.

What a coincidence, right?

Yeah, until he told me that he and his accomplice were very curious about what was so interesting behind the closed door, so they went in for a look around. Just an office, so back they went through the open door.

Have you guessed by now that inside the office was a silent alarm system connected directly to the police department?

Curiouser and curiouser. The boss had made a deal with the owner of the warehouse that turned into the plan, above. Why, you ask, would the owner do such a thing?

Well, the burglary crew were to take the loot to a fence in Philadelphia, and keep the money. What about the Boss? And what about the owner?

Well, the owner was going to make a claim to his insurance company for, let's say, 16 TVs, 9 stereo systems, etc., and share the insurance proceeds with the boss.

Clever, you say? Except the burglary team were not, and ended up copping a plea in exchange for information that not only busted the ring, but also this owner and a flock of other owners who had used the service.

Now that's "stupid in the extreme."

[p.s.] I never did represent the burglar because he had no money. He got a Public Defender. And jail time. And another tick toward his Degree in Criminal Education.

The bloke loving opposite me is a solicitor and represents the characters who don't have enough money to pay for a real solicitor
Anyway he bragged to me that doing this undesirable work had paid for a new oak framed extension on his house
I had asked him how he felt about getting people of with crimes who he knew were guilty he said that it was the fault of the cps and if you pay peanuts you get monkeys
Anyway a few months later police van outside his house I asked him later what had happened he said some bastard had broken in through the back of his house I said not through the new orangery yes he said and what really f in pised him off was that he had got the bastard off a few months ago

That's nice I thought a good bit of karma
whats your experience of the police on 19:42 - Mar 13 with 2467 viewsperchrockjack

I wouldn't want any solicitor to love opposite me. I wouldn't want them anywhere near me.

biggest VILLAINS OF ALL

whats your experience of the police on 18:45 - Mar 14 with 2409 viewsScoobyWho

whats your experience of the police on 05:55 - Mar 12 by Humpty

Did Mill workers, fishermen, weavers, ship builders etc. have to put up with policeman waving £50 notes in their faces when they were struggling to put food on their kids tables? When their kids had no Christmas presents because their fathers were trying to hold on to their means of making a living?

Answer me this Perch. What type of mentality does it take for a policeman to do that? Taunting families about to lose their livelihoods. With overtime money earned to make sure they lost their livelihoods.

What the f*ck was going on in their heads when they did that?

What type of people to the police employ FFS?

Show me a photograph or video clip of these police officers waving money in peoples faces.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

whats your experience of the police on 20:35 - Mar 14 with 2389 viewscanhecatchit

Behave yourself and they don't bother you , WELL THATS MY EXPERIENCE ANYWAY

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

whats your experience of the police on 19:10 - Mar 15 with 2351 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 18:45 - Mar 14 by ScoobyWho

Show me a photograph or video clip of these police officers waving money in peoples faces.

you haven't been on a march or attended a demo

if you had you'd know the answer to this one, stop pretending.

miners could not afford food let alone the cost of time travel into the future to nick a mobile phone of someone to record plod showing off
whats your experience of the police on 20:04 - Mar 15 with 2338 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 19:10 - Mar 15 by libertine

miners could not afford food let alone the cost of time travel into the future to nick a mobile phone of someone to record plod showing off

There was more filming of the miners strike of 84 that any industrial dispute in history. The reason that there is none is that it never happened, it was known and used by both sides that police were working huge hours and therefore overtime, it was undoubtedly used as a wind up verbally but the waving if notes never happened.

There caws taunts both sides equally the police would get taunted with whose shagging your wife when you are up here.

You appear to be obsessed with the 80s there is far worse happening to all public services now, with little explanation or argument from the powers that be which you are ignoring, just don't get your agenda.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

whats your experience of the police on 20:18 - Mar 15 with 2320 viewsScoobyWho

whats your experience of the police on 19:10 - Mar 15 by libertine

I'm not sure if your response is worth an answer, but you've got one.
As a reformed supporter of the ALF and for 18 yrs a local organiser for ANTiFA and someone who helped organise and mobilise support for miners in the mid 80's ( Gigs, demo's and support for pickets ) I think I do know a little bit about what I am talking about. I have no doubt there is witness to what is being said, ( the money waving coppers) but these days I remain a person who reflects on both sides of an argument and asks those questions without judgement or agenda - when it comes to politics.

So I ask the question from an information point of view if there is pictorial evidence.

Your reply to attack my credentials is interesting, always happy to meet up and discuss as I have already said, I live locally and have a far reaching Political viewpoint from left wing principles right through to a nationalistic viewpoint and moderate principles towards immigration.

This view has been formed over years of political exchange and experience of people and agendas in politics - please try it.

Cheers, in the Coopers tomorrow night, and Riverside thereafter.

whats your experience of the police on 20:19 - Mar 15 with 2318 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 20:04 - Mar 15 by Pacemaker

There was more filming of the miners strike of 84 that any industrial dispute in history. The reason that there is none is that it never happened, it was known and used by both sides that police were working huge hours and therefore overtime, it was undoubtedly used as a wind up verbally but the waving if notes never happened.

There caws taunts both sides equally the police would get taunted with whose shagging your wife when you are up here.

You appear to be obsessed with the 80s there is far worse happening to all public services now, with little explanation or argument from the powers that be which you are ignoring, just don't get your agenda.

you are absolutely correct in one sense its all happening again but this time people are not allowed to demonstrate.

the big difference from then and now maybe music, then punk rock was a political voice for the young, its how I became interested in politics through the medium of music, I started wondering what they were singing about.

You or I will never know if the wage slips and £50 notes were a metaphor or actually real, does it really matter?

I think that its easier to focus on thatperiod of time politically as the politics were polarized now they reall have become men in grey suits running the world.

I watched this week the other night and portillo and alan Johnson were dressed exactly the same even casually, they both agreed with each other politically and in dress sense
whats your experience of the police on 20:25 - Mar 15 with 2312 viewsPacemaker

It was all modern romantics in 84 mate, punk had long gone, the only decent stuff was from Dire Straits, Squeeze, UB 40, Billy Bragg, Elvis Costello and a couple of others who were part of the red wedge movement, politics and music have not mixed since.

whats your experience of the police on 20:29 - Mar 15 with 2307 viewsScoobyWho

whats your experience of the police on 20:25 - Mar 15 by Pacemaker

It was all modern romantics in 84 mate, punk had long gone, the only decent stuff was from Dire Straits, Squeeze, UB 40, Billy Bragg, Elvis Costello and a couple of others who were part of the red wedge movement, politics and music have not mixed since.

Went to a miners benefit in Hyde Park, 1984, 39,000 folk there inc a variety of punk bands ! And yes, the man Bragg as well.

whats your experience of the police on 20:37 - Mar 15 with 2294 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 20:29 - Mar 15 by ScoobyWho

Went to a miners benefit in Hyde Park, 1984, 39,000 folk there inc a variety of punk bands ! And yes, the man Bragg as well.

sorry guys,

I should have said that the pistols got my interest into politics, I am an anarchist, I wanna be one of them aswell (whats an anarchist) and i'll be an antichrist aswell why not.

The clash were around then with the miners and we could say that the postpunks were happening

I moved into the hippie side of life in the 84 time. But the revolution here "something in the air".
whats your experience of the police on 20:40 - Mar 15 with 2293 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 20:29 - Mar 15 by ScoobyWho

The "punk " movement had died by 84 IMHO there was a period between 76-80 of Punk but from there on it was dead with the exception of the The Stranglers and the New Wave movement which grew from Punk but Punk was gone by 84.

Unless you sure talking about Capt. Sensible singing Happy Talk!

whats your experience of the police on 23:24 - Mar 15 with 2258 viewsperchrockjack

Well police didn't have actual pay packets per se and quite why anyone would homon to a bank and ask for fifty pound notes to take away on a bus full of bobbies to wave at miners is something to wonder over, but it keeps the bitterness going and drags us all down.

Never came scross Welsh miners but the Yorkshire ones under Arthur caused fear to kids and mums leaving notes schools. It depends if you consider them fair game.

whats your experience of the polis on 23:43 - Mar 15 with 2257 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 23:24 - Mar 15 by perchrockjack

Well police didn't have actual pay packets per se and quite why anyone would homon to a bank and ask for fifty pound notes to take away on a bus full of bobbies to wave at miners is something to wonder over, but it keeps the bitterness going and drags us all down.

Never came scross Welsh miners but the Yorkshire ones under Arthur caused fear to kids and mums leaving notes schools. It depends if you consider them fair game.

Doncaster lodge caused all sorts of problems in relation to intimidation which is why Notts/Derby stayed working and didn't come out as they wouldn't accept that crap. They did the same down here, no vote despite NUM rules we just rolled over because nobody wanted to be called a scab.

S Wales area was just about getting back on their feet at that time, it was the wrong time in every way.

If we had hung on the Torys would have shown themselves up and the public would have been with us, loads of pits were being closed down all over the country with nothing from the National NUM. One Yorkshire pit and they wanted everyone out. Scargill knew the majority of the country would not have voted for a strike.

In all honesty we signed our own death warrant and Scargill knew it.

whats your experience of the police on 09:10 - Mar 16 with 2221 viewslibertine

the timing of the strike was all wrong, but saying that hindsite was a great thing.

I think, depending where you were in life (employment wise) and if you were in a union and how vocal/active the union was would then determine your views on the miners strike and the other ridiculous actions the wicked witch was making.

The Union at the time was also against the ending of apprenticeships by the government and the training of the nurses (I used to frequent a pub next to the nurses accommodation, that's a whole new thread) they were massively against what she was up to stopping training.

So she made loads of bad decisions on the country which we are still paying the price for (tradesmen and nurses are now imported) and many people hated her, she was in retrospect an lunatic not just a bad PM. "Market forces" was Reagans idea (we were and are the USA's puppet government).

Then the police became her private army, she wouldn't have got the police to do her dirty jobs unless she gave them the 10% rise. A lot of good honest policemen got used by her, thinking to themselves this is great 10%. Same as the armed forces and tory blair what the F was that war about man. Non political soldiers soon become political when they leave.
I watched a docu on a the us army/police on the weekend, final scene policeman said he would "give his life to his country, but would not cross the road for the government"
whats your experience of the police on 11:03 - Mar 16 with 2204 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 09:10 - Mar 16 by libertine

the timing of the strike was all wrong, but saying that hindsite was a great thing.

I think, depending where you were in life (employment wise) and if you were in a union and how vocal/active the union was would then determine your views on the miners strike and the other ridiculous actions the wicked witch was making.

The Union at the time was also against the ending of apprenticeships by the government and the training of the nurses (I used to frequent a pub next to the nurses accommodation, that's a whole new thread) they were massively against what she was up to stopping training.

So she made loads of bad decisions on the country which we are still paying the price for (tradesmen and nurses are now imported) and many people hated her, she was in retrospect an lunatic not just a bad PM. "Market forces" was Reagans idea (we were and are the USA's puppet government).

Then the police became her private army, she wouldn't have got the police to do her dirty jobs unless she gave them the 10% rise. A lot of good honest policemen got used by her, thinking to themselves this is great 10%. Same as the armed forces and tory blair what the F was that war about man. Non political soldiers soon become political when they leave.
I watched a docu on a the us army/police on the weekend, final scene policeman said he would "give his life to his country, but would not cross the road for the government"

I am no fan of Thatcher but Scargill did as much damage for his own political reasons.

Just before the national strike was called S Wales had a vote when Deep Navigation, Lewis Merthyr, Trelewis and others were no longer workable and evryone down here could see it made economic sense to get as many pits working as profitable as possible, the last thing we needed was to let the pits fall into disrepair.

Thats not hindsight that was said by the majority at the time.

As for the police 10% pay rise I am pretty sure that was the Edmund Davies inquiry because of the fear of corruption as so many police were on very low pay with most receiving income support.

That pay rise and massive allowances was in the late 70's and the recommendation of Merlyn Rees the Labour Party Home Secretary as far as I can remember.

The pay rise was more like 45% than 10%, I remember loads of boys having left the police to work for the NCB/British Coal going back to the police after the pay rise.

What do you think the police should have done at that time then in relation to the dispute? They swear an oath of allegiance to keep the monarchs peace and prevent disorder, do you think in a democracy that if one man wants to work the majority should prevent that by the threat of violence?

I remember early on if there was less than a certain number you could approach strike breakers and ask them not to cross the line but not threaten them in anyway, but it ended up like the Gaza strip with reinforced coaches and lorries being pelted with rocks. That poor taxi driver in Merthyr getting killed.

whats your experience of the police on 12:44 - Mar 16 with 2189 viewsScoobyWho

whats your experience of the police on 20:40 - Mar 15 by Pacemaker

The "punk " movement had died by 84 IMHO there was a period between 76-80 of Punk but from there on it was dead with the exception of the The Stranglers and the New Wave movement which grew from Punk but Punk was gone by 84.

Unless you sure talking about Capt. Sensible singing Happy Talk!

That gig had The Exploited, GBH, UK Subs, Varukers, Discharge, New model army and Redskins.
For me the real punk movement kicked off just a few years before. Saw The Exploited a few years back, 5,000 in the winter gardens on the main stage for the festival there that commands 10,000 crowds plus each year. Punk may be many things. But the spirit and the bands ain't dead ;-)

I love all brands of music, northern soul right across the board, but the worldwide punk ethic and new bands are incredible.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 15:48]

whats your experience of the police on 18:02 - Mar 16 with 2147 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 12:44 - Mar 16 by ScoobyWho

That gig had The Exploited, GBH, UK Subs, Varukers, Discharge, New model army and Redskins.
For me the real punk movement kicked off just a few years before. Saw The Exploited a few years back, 5,000 in the winter gardens on the main stage for the festival there that commands 10,000 crowds plus each year. Punk may be many things. But the spirit and the bands ain't dead ;-)

I love all brands of music, northern soul right across the board, but the worldwide punk ethic and new bands are incredible.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 15:48]

if the kids are united Scooby,

i'm with you big time, punk just got merged into other categories, but its the attitude that I love!

what would have happened if it punk hadn't blasted onto the scene! Oi, post punk, the cult, adam ant:(, nirvana, oasis, pop punk, blink green day my daughter went to see a ska punk band on the weekend in Bristol.

I can remember the first time pogoing in a disco to the pistols everyone staring mouths ajar absolutely brilliant!!!!
whats your experience of the police on 18:16 - Mar 16 with 2134 viewslibertine

whats your experience of the police on 11:03 - Mar 16 by Pacemaker

I am no fan of Thatcher but Scargill did as much damage for his own political reasons.

Just before the national strike was called S Wales had a vote when Deep Navigation, Lewis Merthyr, Trelewis and others were no longer workable and evryone down here could see it made economic sense to get as many pits working as profitable as possible, the last thing we needed was to let the pits fall into disrepair.

Thats not hindsight that was said by the majority at the time.

As for the police 10% pay rise I am pretty sure that was the Edmund Davies inquiry because of the fear of corruption as so many police were on very low pay with most receiving income support.

That pay rise and massive allowances was in the late 70's and the recommendation of Merlyn Rees the Labour Party Home Secretary as far as I can remember.

The pay rise was more like 45% than 10%, I remember loads of boys having left the police to work for the NCB/British Coal going back to the police after the pay rise.

What do you think the police should have done at that time then in relation to the dispute? They swear an oath of allegiance to keep the monarchs peace and prevent disorder, do you think in a democracy that if one man wants to work the majority should prevent that by the threat of violence?

I remember early on if there was less than a certain number you could approach strike breakers and ask them not to cross the line but not threaten them in anyway, but it ended up like the Gaza strip with reinforced coaches and lorries being pelted with rocks. That poor taxi driver in Merthyr getting killed.

pacey,
hindsite in that if they'd planned properly they could have won the strike timing was out.

I'm not defending Arthur, he got a bit messed up riding on the high, but in comparison to the witch hes a pussy.

I don't like scabs they get what they deserve! The police created the violence they wanted it, they acted disgracefully, at the time it was completely legal to strike, they were doing nothing wrong, roman soldiers forgetting what they were supposed to do as in public servants.

Some things are nationalised for a reason like the nhs and energy water railways so what if they don't make any money, people are in work and its better than them being on the dole so what if we pay a little more, we've got more money. The post office is the next big muck up, they are really unhappy and lots are leaving new contracts new hours of working new rules.

Look where its got us now, thatchers children whether we like it or not
whats your experience of the police on 18:16 - Mar 16 with 2134 viewsLohengrin

Punk? Pah! It was just Rockabilly for those with no musical ability....

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

whats your experience of the police on 18:24 - Mar 16 with 2132 viewslibertine

what was that famous rockabillys name so famous I've forgotten his name

must be one of the most famous rifts of all time I think its in pulp fiction

its just come back to me Link wray

absolutely brilliant ! gets me every time
whats your experience of the police on 22:29 - Mar 16 with 2113 viewscanhecatchit

Your right, but there again I have nothing to March for or demonstrate on Each to their own I say

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

whats your experience of the police on 23:36 - Mar 16 with 2096 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 18:16 - Mar 16 by libertine

pacey,
hindsite in that if they'd planned properly they could have won the strike timing was out.

I'm not defending Arthur, he got a bit messed up riding on the high, but in comparison to the witch hes a pussy.

I don't like scabs they get what they deserve! The police created the violence they wanted it, they acted disgracefully, at the time it was completely legal to strike, they were doing nothing wrong, roman soldiers forgetting what they were supposed to do as in public servants.

Some things are nationalised for a reason like the nhs and energy water railways so what if they don't make any money, people are in work and its better than them being on the dole so what if we pay a little more, we've got more money. The post office is the next big muck up, they are really unhappy and lots are leaving new contracts new hours of working new rules.

Look where its got us now, thatchers children whether we like it or not

You cannot see the wood for the trees Libby. Nobody stopped anybody striking it was the pickets trying to stop "scabs" which resulted in confrontation.

If Scargill had allowed a proper vote then perhaps more would have come out. Scargill was out manovoured by Thatcher and didn't have the courage to back down to fight another day instead he tried to carry out secondary picketing which had been made illegal how was it going to end then only in confrontation. The police had been trained in riot control following the Brixton riots and were a totally different organisation to that used in the past.

The general public and media were all pissed off with strikes and Scargill had failed to recognise the times had changed. I will never forgive him or Thatcher both as bad as each other in my opinion. The trade union movement was fatally wounded as a result and has never recovered .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024