Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats your experience of the police 11:11 - Mar 7 with 28204 viewslibertine

recently I've had a bit of a negative image of the police, I believe they've got to messed up with political correctness, the reports I've made to them have involved race issues and they would not go near my complaints even insinuating that I was some sort of bigot.

I don't think that they should go back to the 80's police force as they became Margarets private army, they loved her with the 10% pay rise they got.

But I must say that when I really needed help as one of my kids went missing, the police behaved fantastically, efficient emphatic amazingly sharp, I felt safe in their hands.

I've had a couple of bad experiences in the past with obnoxious plastics, who just wanted to have a bit of power.

But the experience when they helped find my daughter completely6 puts thiings in perspective, it made me realise, what the hell would I have done if there were no police.

whats your experience with the police?
whats your experience of the police on 22:37 - Mar 7 with 1841 viewsImAlrightJack

whats your experience of the police on 22:26 - Mar 7 by twotimejack

No offence but your average copper is hardly putting his life On the line are they? They have more body armour than a Sherman tank these days, how many coppers are killed in action these days?

Indeed, it's been since 1985 any notable cop killing has happened as far as Crimewatch is concerned. That was during the Tottenham Riots and the mystery still has never been solved.

Although the Police have done nothing for me when I asked for their help, that was somebody's son and father, as well as husband.
whats your experience of the police on 22:44 - Mar 7 with 1818 viewstwotimejack

whats your experience of the police on 22:36 - Mar 7 by Pacemaker

What is average?

Isn't that the whole point of policing it's not dealing with the average, it's going towards the incident everybody else is fleeing from?

There was a DC killed in Greater Manchester a few years ago who was sitting down speaking to a guy during a terrorist search who was stabbed to death, the female PC deliberately drawn to a property in Manchester by that guy Dale Cregan and shot, or the armed police who confronted the killers of Lee Rigby all part of someone's average day I suppose.

Ok fair point, but compared to being in the police force, I can think of hundreds of jobs that I would consider being more dangerous than being a copper.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

whats your experience of the police on 22:45 - Mar 7 with 1816 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 22:26 - Mar 7 by twotimejack

No offence but your average copper is hardly putting his life On the line are they? They have more body armour than a Sherman tank these days, how many coppers are killed in action these days?

What do you base that comment on? First hand knowledge? Experience? Yes officers have stab vests these days but that won't stop some of the sophisticated weaponry out there these days. Do you suggest that we go back to the days when I dealt with someone who was armed using a wooden luncheon or shall we try and give officers a fighting chance? The terrorist threat is at a level you clearly aren't aware of. Perhaps the families of the two Police Officers in Greater Manchester who were shot dead and blown up with grenades would believe your statement that "your average copper is hardly putting his life on the line".
As for how many are killed these days, I'm sure Google can help you there. Unfortunately it says a lot about society that the death of a Police Officer on duty rarely makes the front page of newspapers or top story on tv news.
whats your experience of the police on 22:46 - Mar 7 with 1815 viewsImAlrightJack

Makes me laugh Met Police FC have a football team.

What tinpot league do they play in again?. Also, are their players actual policemen?.
whats your experience of the police on 22:47 - Mar 7 with 1812 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 22:32 - Mar 7 by ImAlrightJack

Your job, you chose it. Learn to live with the consequences.

I've had no bad experiences, I just happen to watch "Police Inspectors" a lot before episodes of Neighbours. That lot are so full of themselves.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 22:33]

I did choose it and I do live with it thanks, very happy to do so as well. I was responding to some of the I'll thought out posts on this thread.
whats your experience of the police on 22:50 - Mar 7 with 1800 viewstwotimejack

whats your experience of the police on 22:45 - Mar 7 by Witneyjack

What do you base that comment on? First hand knowledge? Experience? Yes officers have stab vests these days but that won't stop some of the sophisticated weaponry out there these days. Do you suggest that we go back to the days when I dealt with someone who was armed using a wooden luncheon or shall we try and give officers a fighting chance? The terrorist threat is at a level you clearly aren't aware of. Perhaps the families of the two Police Officers in Greater Manchester who were shot dead and blown up with grenades would believe your statement that "your average copper is hardly putting his life on the line".
As for how many are killed these days, I'm sure Google can help you there. Unfortunately it says a lot about society that the death of a Police Officer on duty rarely makes the front page of newspapers or top story on tv news.

All I'm saying is I don't think being a copper is that dangerous of a job, I would say every person that works on a construction site is far more in danger of losing a life, how many police officers have died on duty in the last 5 years compared to tradesman dying on site?

whats your experience of the police on 22:51 - Mar 7 with 1793 viewsImAlrightJack

Anybody can hide behind a uniform.

In my grandfather's day, he did his policing on his own, he didn't need another pig with him unlike today.
whats your experience of the police on 22:54 - Mar 7 with 1780 viewsMervyn

Sport has always played its part in the police........number of players from the south wales police rugby side represented the Welsh team.....imo we still have the best police force in the world
Login to get fewer ads

whats your experience of the police on 22:56 - Mar 7 with 1774 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 22:50 - Mar 7 by twotimejack

All I'm saying is I don't think being a copper is that dangerous of a job, I would say every person that works on a construction site is far more in danger of losing a life, how many police officers have died on duty in the last 5 years compared to tradesman dying on site?

I don't know, but I'm sure you can find out. To compare the two is odd really but you crack on. I wouldn't be surprised if there had been more deaths in the last two years on construction sites than in the British Army but that's not a straightforward comparison either.
whats your experience of the police on 22:59 - Mar 7 with 1766 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 22:51 - Mar 7 by ImAlrightJack

Anybody can hide behind a uniform.

In my grandfather's day, he did his policing on his own, he didn't need another pig with him unlike today.

I have nearly always worked on my own and in fact in my Constablary single crewing is policy.

Sad really that you refer to Police Officers as "pigs" and yet your grandfather used to be one.
whats your experience of the police on 23:02 - Mar 7 with 1759 viewsRancid

Shimmie.You recently wrote on here that you witnessed 50yr old Swans fans using cocaine in a pub at the Chelsea away game.Did you arrest them or as you were 'off duty' inform your colleagues of what was being done illegally in said pub? Or did you give them a pass as they were fellow Jacks?
whats your experience of the police on 23:03 - Mar 7 with 1755 viewsC_jack

Let's be honest, what kind of personality do you usually need to join the police force? It's not a profession for the wallflower, introvert type. So with that in mind is the general attitude any surprise?

A bit like paramedics/doctors really, you don't really appreciate them until your hour of need (and we will all have one) arrives

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

whats your experience of the police on 23:03 - Mar 7 with 1753 viewstwotimejack

whats your experience of the police on 22:56 - Mar 7 by Witneyjack

I don't know, but I'm sure you can find out. To compare the two is odd really but you crack on. I wouldn't be surprised if there had been more deaths in the last two years on construction sites than in the British Army but that's not a straightforward comparison either.

Exactly, all I have tried saying to you is that being in the police is not as dangerous as you made out with that comment earlier, ive not slagged off the police force once, they are there to do a job at the end of the day just like the rest of us.
And I am fully aware of the terrorist threat atm, you would have to be blind not to be, but I think the general public would be in greater danger from that more than pc 7878.

whats your experience of the police on 23:08 - Mar 7 with 1736 viewsskippyjack

whats your experience of the police on 23:02 - Mar 7 by Rancid

Shimmie.You recently wrote on here that you witnessed 50yr old Swans fans using cocaine in a pub at the Chelsea away game.Did you arrest them or as you were 'off duty' inform your colleagues of what was being done illegally in said pub? Or did you give them a pass as they were fellow Jacks?

Jesus Christ.. Have a day off.. They want control over the suppliers.. Not the tits that take it.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

whats your experience of the police on 23:09 - Mar 7 with 1731 viewsImAlrightJack

whats your experience of the police on 22:59 - Mar 7 by Witneyjack

I have nearly always worked on my own and in fact in my Constablary single crewing is policy.

Sad really that you refer to Police Officers as "pigs" and yet your grandfather used to be one.

Like my Grandfather's colleague said " In my day, we wanted to help you", then even himself used the word Pigs, saying " You can see why they're called Pigs these days".

This is somebody who was in the force , yet uses that
word. For that to come from a former Policeman speaks volumes in my opinion.

A neighbor shot my pet doves with a pellet gun, yet didn't charge him on it although he admitted attempting to kill them. At first he was arrested on holding illegal ammo when they searched his home.

What happened?, a simple slap on the wrists.
Wouldn't have happened in my Grandfather's day.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 23:10]
whats your experience of the police on 23:16 - Mar 7 with 1709 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 23:03 - Mar 7 by twotimejack

Exactly, all I have tried saying to you is that being in the police is not as dangerous as you made out with that comment earlier, ive not slagged off the police force once, they are there to do a job at the end of the day just like the rest of us.
And I am fully aware of the terrorist threat atm, you would have to be blind not to be, but I think the general public would be in greater danger from that more than pc 7878.

I'm not trying to overplay the danger element. There is far more to the job than that as I pointed out in one of my earlier posts. Listening to some on here though you'd think it was a walk in the park ( metaphorically speaking of course).
Try telling someone their child has been killed for example.
I am proud of the job I do, and know just how hard I have worked to help others. I chose to do it and take the rough by the smooth. But I also reserve the right to defend my colleagues and their commitment to making the streets of Britain as safe as they can in answer to some poster's comments on here.
whats your experience of the police on 23:17 - Mar 7 with 1708 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 23:03 - Mar 7 by twotimejack

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_police_officers_killed_in_the_lin

Quite a lot there but it doesn't include RUC/PSNI officers. Quite a lot in recent years.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

whats your experience of the police on 23:17 - Mar 7 with 1707 viewsImAlrightJack

My Grandfather wasn't a Pig. He was somebody who wanted to help others and put other people's lives on the Straight and Narrow.

Unlike today's lot.....
whats your experience of the police on 23:22 - Mar 7 with 1693 viewsperchrockjack

Two time.

Some triffic stuff there.

Absolute cowardice in print as no way would you deal with matters police do.

It's ok to shove Internet tradh up to impress shallow shuite house but when uou re facing a lethal weapon uou d shite your pants guaranteed.

It's comments like yours that make many police bitter and twisted
So they would nt risk their lives .fook off..I've got six commendations in the study neatly framed as have many police officers. I've dived into the Mersey to pull out a kid thst had fallen in ,pulled two women out of a burning building and gone into a gas filled house to evacuate a family. So don't ever forget what a jerk you can be on a site by posting warped bollocks.

Oh and one of my troops saved a lad at hillsborough where he was there as a fan by giving cpr
Trust me, if you were in shite, or anyone your family, you d be glad of police assistance.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 23:22 - Mar 7 with 1693 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 23:09 - Mar 7 by ImAlrightJack

Like my Grandfather's colleague said " In my day, we wanted to help you", then even himself used the word Pigs, saying " You can see why they're called Pigs these days".

This is somebody who was in the force , yet uses that
word. For that to come from a former Policeman speaks volumes in my opinion.

A neighbor shot my pet doves with a pellet gun, yet didn't charge him on it although he admitted attempting to kill them. At first he was arrested on holding illegal ammo when they searched his home.

What happened?, a simple slap on the wrists.
Wouldn't have happened in my Grandfather's day.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 23:10]

Unfortunately charging decisions no longer lie with the Police. The CPS make those decisions and are biased towards government targets. In fact Police Officers (me included) are regularly gutted that the CPS won't proceed against criminals after the amount of hours work put in to putting the evidence together.

It's a shame your grandfather feels that way but I will never refer to my colleagues,past , present or future in those terms.
whats your experience of the police on 23:24 - Mar 7 with 1684 viewsperchrockjack

Hundreds of jobs more dangerous .

Name them.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 23:28 - Mar 7 with 1674 viewsImAlrightJack

whats your experience of the police on 23:22 - Mar 7 by Witneyjack

Unfortunately charging decisions no longer lie with the Police. The CPS make those decisions and are biased towards government targets. In fact Police Officers (me included) are regularly gutted that the CPS won't proceed against criminals after the amount of hours work put in to putting the evidence together.

It's a shame your grandfather feels that way but I will never refer to my colleagues,past , present or future in those terms.

Grandfather's COLLEAGUE actually.

I never asked for my own grandfather's opinion.
whats your experience of the police on 23:28 - Mar 7 with 1674 viewstwotimejack

whats your experience of the police on 23:22 - Mar 7 by perchrockjack

Two time.

Some triffic stuff there.

Absolute cowardice in print as no way would you deal with matters police do.

It's ok to shove Internet tradh up to impress shallow shuite house but when uou re facing a lethal weapon uou d shite your pants guaranteed.

It's comments like yours that make many police bitter and twisted
So they would nt risk their lives .fook off..I've got six commendations in the study neatly framed as have many police officers. I've dived into the Mersey to pull out a kid thst had fallen in ,pulled two women out of a burning building and gone into a gas filled house to evacuate a family. So don't ever forget what a jerk you can be on a site by posting warped bollocks.

Oh and one of my troops saved a lad at hillsborough where he was there as a fan by giving cpr
Trust me, if you were in shite, or anyone your family, you d be glad of police assistance.

Get of your high horse perch, read my previous posts and please show me where I have slagged off the police.
And good for you with your 6 commendations, just shows you were doing your JOB right, your reaction to my posts says a lot about you.

whats your experience of the police on 23:30 - Mar 7 with 1667 viewstwotimejack

whats your experience of the police on 23:24 - Mar 7 by perchrockjack

Hundreds of jobs more dangerous .

Name them.

construction, there are probably over a hundred jobs there for you.

whats your experience of the police on 23:31 - Mar 7 with 1664 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 23:28 - Mar 7 by ImAlrightJack

Grandfather's COLLEAGUE actually.

I never asked for my own grandfather's opinion.

My mistake, apologies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024