Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained, contracts etc 15:51 - Apr 16 with 2868 viewseitoof

Anyone have a list of who's out of contract at end of season?

Any views on who's likely to be released/retained?

Presume Brandy will be gone for one?
Retained, contracts etc on 16:33 - Apr 16 with 2789 viewsdingdangblue

Kennedy, Dawson, Brandy,McGinty, Muldoon all out of contract. Everyone else signed up (I think).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Retained, contracts etc on 00:54 - Apr 17 with 2520 viewsToffeemanc

Retained, contracts etc on 16:33 - Apr 16 by dingdangblue

Kennedy, Dawson, Brandy,McGinty, Muldoon all out of contract. Everyone else signed up (I think).

I think the only one of those likely to be here next season is TK.
Would love to see Dawson stay another year but I think he will move on to a team paying him more money in the summer. The others will all be released as they have nothing to offer the current squad.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Retained, contracts etc on 05:11 - Apr 17 with 2493 viewsTalkingSutty

Retained, contracts etc on 00:54 - Apr 17 by Toffeemanc

Would love to see Dawson stay another year but I think he will move on to a team paying him more money in the summer. The others will all be released as they have nothing to offer the current squad.

Kennedy needs to be a priority signing, he's different class.
Retained, contracts etc on 07:19 - Apr 17 with 2444 viewsPotterDale

Retained, contracts etc on 00:54 - Apr 17 by Toffeemanc

I disagree, I think Dawson will be here next season. I also think Kennedy will not.
Retained, contracts etc on 07:24 - Apr 17 with 2429 viewsmacro

Retained, contracts etc on 07:19 - Apr 17 by PotterDale

I disagree, I think Dawson will be here next season. I also think Kennedy will not.

Dawson chose us late on as teams were wary with the match fixing allegations, now cleared my guess is his agent will be putting his name about to 'bigger' clubs. I don't expect him to be here next season. Tk is a hard one to predict.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 7:25]
Retained, contracts etc on 07:29 - Apr 17 with 2411 viewsColDale

Retained, contracts etc on 07:24 - Apr 17 by macro

Dawson chose us late on as teams were wary with the match fixing allegations, now cleared my guess is his agent will be putting his name about to 'bigger' clubs. I don't expect him to be here next season. Tk is a hard one to predict.

On the assumption that Dawson is one of the top earners, given how midfield has been dominated in recent weeks by our younger players, I don't see Dawson as a "must sign".

He's a great player and the last thing I'm suggesting is that we get rid of him, but if we are paying out top wages, I reckon we'd be better off using it to strengthen the defence or bringing in a striker than in midfield.
Retained, contracts etc on 09:43 - Apr 17 with 2304 viewsParkinsGimp

I disagree , Dawson is a must , the rest can go.
Retained, contracts etc on 10:20 - Apr 17 with 2261 viewsAtThePeake

Retained, contracts etc on 07:29 - Apr 17 by ColDale

On the assumption that Dawson is one of the top earners, given how midfield has been dominated in recent weeks by our younger players, I don't see Dawson as a "must sign".

He's a great player and the last thing I'm suggesting is that we get rid of him, but if we are paying out top wages, I reckon we'd be better off using it to strengthen the defence or bringing in a striker than in midfield.

And that's been without Lund, too.

For me Dawson is our best midfielder by some distance but if we do have to lose him it won't be the end of the world. It may pave the way for the likes of Camps and Cannon to hold down a first team place.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Retained, contracts etc on 11:06 - Apr 17 with 2195 viewsD_Dale

KH has been a big fan of both in the past - 'pinched' TK from the buckets, later signed him at Barnsley and then again at Dale, and also took Dawson to Barnsley. Both bring experience and quality to the team, and next season might be seen as mentors to Dale's younger players.

I'm not sure just where their agents might find them better contracts. Both are 29 and probably good for a couple of seasons, though unlikely to improve, and neither has achieved much beyond League 1 level. Recently Dawson has had a few injuries and TK's season has been a bit odd with brief loan periods at bury and Blackpool.

It'll be interesting to see what KH has decided - try to keep one or both at the club or free up more money to pay for that goalscorer we all want to be signed. If KH does want to keep them, wouldn't they already have had offers of extentions to their contracts?
Retained, contracts etc on 11:10 - Apr 17 with 2175 viewsTalkingSutty

Retained, contracts etc on 07:24 - Apr 17 by macro

Dawson is quality but because of his style of play he will always pick up injuries. Keeping him on the pitch is a problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024