Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Silent Majority 08:46 - May 3 with 1552 viewssteve_g

Whilst yesterday's demo was clearly needed and inevitable, let's get this in perspective. 200 fans on the pitch (many kids who thought it would be a laugh) dictate whether a game is abandoned or not? Where I was sat the majority wanted them off the pitch to resume the game. The point had been made and I don't think they'd have got any less publicity if they'd left after half an hour.

Disappointing the protestors had scant regard for those who'd paid good money and travel costs etc and instead went with their own agenda. I have no problems with protests etc but it was fellow fans who would have been left more frustrated than the Oyston's. The protestors may find they start to walk a thin line if they repeated this next season and could lose the support of other fans despite the majority being totally on their side supporting the Oyston's departure.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

The Silent Majority on 08:50 - May 3 with 1547 viewsbig_bloomers

Disagree Steve - I didn't hear any complaints around me and if the authorities really wanted to do something they could have. Don't understand why the ref didn't keep the players behind for when the crowd had left and played the last 43 mins in an empty stadium? Was only 3 O'Clock and to finish the game am sure both sides would have stayed behind.

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

The Silent Majority on 12:00 - May 3 with 1437 viewschesterbfc

The Silent Majority on 08:50 - May 3 by big_bloomers

Disagree Steve - I didn't hear any complaints around me and if the authorities really wanted to do something they could have. Don't understand why the ref didn't keep the players behind for when the crowd had left and played the last 43 mins in an empty stadium? Was only 3 O'Clock and to finish the game am sure both sides would have stayed behind.

Once is a victory, twice would be a problem ,and anyhow yesterday couldn't be re created. In it,s own way , the peacefulness, comradery, and comedy( scooter man) summed up perfectly the UNIQUE Way Pool supporters go about their business
The Silent Majority on 14:25 - May 3 with 1389 viewsOrioltwins

You'll find little sympathy in terms of replies Steve but I know there are quite a few who feel the same way.

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

The Silent Majority on 14:58 - May 3 with 1364 viewsribble

I share some disquiet about yesterday's events.

Yes, there had to be something other than the march and outside stadium activities but I can't help feeling that forcing the abandonment might prove to be a tatical error and could cost us support in some quarters, irrespective of the almost inevitable points deduction.

My feelings are that a 20 minute delay would have sufficed in making the point and getting the coverage but without inconveniencing the Huddersfield fans.

Well done to the police though. Thought they handled it very well.
[Post edited 3 May 2015 15:03]
The Silent Majority on 15:10 - May 3 with 1342 viewsBertandErnie

Maybe we should form a club that quietly tuts at events of yesterday. Let's be honest hear - I applauded the pitch invasion as much as anyone, I loved the guy on the mobility scooter and I welcomed the Huddersfield support however getting the game abandoned was needless. Am sure there's plenty who'd defend it and be appalled anyone who is anti-Oyston (as I am) could have such thoughts but I would've sooner seen the game finish. No one is right or wrong but to deny anyone an opinion is.
The Silent Majority on 15:27 - May 3 with 1332 viewscatinstalbans

The Silent Majority on 15:10 - May 3 by BertandErnie

Maybe we should form a club that quietly tuts at events of yesterday. Let's be honest hear - I applauded the pitch invasion as much as anyone, I loved the guy on the mobility scooter and I welcomed the Huddersfield support however getting the game abandoned was needless. Am sure there's plenty who'd defend it and be appalled anyone who is anti-Oyston (as I am) could have such thoughts but I would've sooner seen the game finish. No one is right or wrong but to deny anyone an opinion is.

Disagree entirely.
Whatever happens the protests have a permanent record in forcing the abandonment.
It also means that the FA and FL can no longer turn a completely blind eye to what is happening. The response may not be what we would like, but at least they have to do something.
The Silent Majority on 15:54 - May 3 with 1319 viewsskihatarmy

The Silent Majority on 15:27 - May 3 by catinstalbans

Disagree entirely.
Whatever happens the protests have a permanent record in forcing the abandonment.
It also means that the FA and FL can no longer turn a completely blind eye to what is happening. The response may not be what we would like, but at least they have to do something.

you cant win things wont change we could have come after 20 minutes to watch the team get beat again ;we stayed on and made a bloody statment and if this upset a few people hard luck watching the sorry eposide all season something needed doing loud and proud oyston out
The Silent Majority on 16:29 - May 3 with 1296 viewsseasider13

A pitch invasion is one thing, getting the game abandoned is headline news, we made the sports section of the New York Times today,

We at NATA salute you.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Login to get fewer ads

The Silent Majority on 16:31 - May 3 with 1293 viewsscratchingshed

The Silent Majority on 15:54 - May 3 by skihatarmy

you cant win things wont change we could have come after 20 minutes to watch the team get beat again ;we stayed on and made a bloody statment and if this upset a few people hard luck watching the sorry eposide all season something needed doing loud and proud oyston out

There might have been just 200 on the pitch but 90% of the crowd were behind them, didn't hear one negative comment in the south stand.
The Silent Majority on 17:18 - May 3 with 1267 viewsjanegallagher

I'm amazed that more didnt go on the pitch after everything thats been said on Facebook twitter etc. The majority were young kids apart from a few who had the courage of their convictions, think we know who they were.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

The Silent Majority on 19:08 - May 3 with 1205 viewsWizaard

Disagree Steve. I thought the vast majority were supportive of the decision to abandon the game. No one round us seemed disappointed with the decision and I thought the same as I came away from the ground.
The Silent Majority on 20:53 - May 3 with 1118 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Glad someone mentioned this. I also sit near people who just wanted to watch a game of football. They love the game for what it is. A game. They love watching Blackpool and just aren't interested in the politics of the modern game so just wanted it to re-start so they could finish watching football.

It did cross my mind, what's happened to the Football First motto? It was also embarrassing to see some fans start to goad Huddersfield fans and others doing stupid things like congas or aeroplanes instead of focusing on what the protest was about. It would have been far better if they had done a sit down protest for 15 minutes, solely focusing their attentions on the directors box and then allowing football to come first again.
The Silent Majority on 21:34 - May 3 with 1090 viewstangerinedom

The Silent Majority on 20:53 - May 3 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Glad someone mentioned this. I also sit near people who just wanted to watch a game of football. They love the game for what it is. A game. They love watching Blackpool and just aren't interested in the politics of the modern game so just wanted it to re-start so they could finish watching football.

It did cross my mind, what's happened to the Football First motto? It was also embarrassing to see some fans start to goad Huddersfield fans and others doing stupid things like congas or aeroplanes instead of focusing on what the protest was about. It would have been far better if they had done a sit down protest for 15 minutes, solely focusing their attentions on the directors box and then allowing football to come first again.

I think yesterday's situation is much like the whole situation - if you don't want to watch the football them don't but allow those who do to carry on. No one should dictate to others their own opinions. They should have organised a mass walk out after the pitch demo - it was a crap game anyway!
The Silent Majority on 12:08 - May 8 with 990 viewsPoolman

Funny that today is all about the shy Tories - one thing I have learnt over the years is that he who shouts loudest gets heard, however don't underestimate the silent fans - I still expect the ground to be at least half full next season and whilst those fans may not support the Oyston's they still want to support the team.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024