Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City Post Match Analysis 15:40 - May 17 with 2760 viewsmattjenkins1990

Overall a hugely entertaining game, i would have loved to have come out with a point however i cannot fault the swans. It was extremely hearty every player gave it there all and we did not make it easy for the former champions.

In terms of what we can improve, we need cover for full backs, jazz i thought did allright but there were some silly mistakes, i guess with game time he could become more solid but we don't have the luxury in the top flight to allow him to make them.

Good finish from Gomis and Siggy, could have had some more if it wasn't for Hart (fair play to him decent saves).

Our midfield looks strong, was surprised not to see Ki feature but it was lovely seeing LB7 making an appearance.

Montero terrorised zaboletta, Dyer was quiet and didn't net that sitter, for me i would give barrow a start at the Palace fixture.

Props to Freddie Fernandez today, had Ageuro on toast.

Fab - Made some good saves unlucky on the goals think from that range with the power toure got on it makes it difficult, wont let these mistakes change my thoughts on what has been an exceptional season for the Swans no.1

Finally Bony's goal, gutted to see him score but pleased he did not celebrate. Seemed like he got a good reception which he fully deserves.

So time for the team to pick the heads up and move on to the Palace game to sign off with a BANG

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Man City Post Match Analysis on 16:23 - May 17 with 2640 viewsHighjack

I'm so disappointed with the result that I've just chucked my season ticket in the bin.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Man City Post Match Analysis on 16:58 - May 17 with 2537 viewsLeonisGod

Ki's had an op on his knee apprently so that's why he didn't feature. It obvious we need to strengthen. If we want to push on we need to get past having to play jaz. Not to take anything away from his effort, but it's time he moved on as he'll be nowhere near 1st or 2nd choice. If he wants to stay as backup backup then fair enough. When Marv is our main option from the bench in attack it also shows we need to strengthen in depth. To consider we had Naughton, Rangel, Ki, Routs missing though that was a good effort.

Man C on the break were superb to be fair, although because we were pushing up we gave lots of space and made it easy for them. And Joe Hart. He might be from the wrong side of the bridge, but . Best save I've seen at the Lib.
Man City Post Match Analysis on 17:03 - May 17 with 2524 viewsLeonisGod

Oh and Huw, if you're reading any chance of signing Toure and Silva?
Man City Post Match Analysis on 17:11 - May 17 with 2488 viewsWarwickHunt

Man City Post Match Analysis on 17:03 - May 17 by LeonisGod

Oh and Huw, if you're reading any chance of signing Toure and Silva?

Kolo and Hi-ho
Man City Post Match Analysis on 17:49 - May 17 with 2402 viewsDull1Thomas

Didn't think Jazz made any mistakes that were worse than Fab, Cork, Siggy or Taylor & his asset for Gomis was inch perfect.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Man City Post Match Analysis on 17:50 - May 17 with 2399 viewsAngelRangelQS

Man City Post Match Analysis on 16:23 - May 17 by Highjack

I'm so disappointed with the result that I've just chucked my season ticket in the bin.

Schoolboy error!
Man City Post Match Analysis on 08:11 - May 18 with 2190 viewsItchySphincter

Man City Post Match Analysis on 17:49 - May 17 by Dull1Thomas

Didn't think Jazz made any mistakes that were worse than Fab, Cork, Siggy or Taylor & his asset for Gomis was inch perfect.

He assist for Bafe was perfect and he didn't make any howlers but he just isn't up to the required standard. His play is all round slow, uncreative and he generally invites pressure as he doesn't have the prescence of mind to do anything productive with the ball.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Man City Post Match Analysis on 09:02 - May 18 with 2120 viewsPegojack

Man City Post Match Analysis on 08:11 - May 18 by ItchySphincter

He assist for Bafe was perfect and he didn't make any howlers but he just isn't up to the required standard. His play is all round slow, uncreative and he generally invites pressure as he doesn't have the prescence of mind to do anything productive with the ball.

I tend to agree, but we also have to remember that it's very difficult to come into the team with very little game time at the top level and look like a world beater, specially against the League Champions with some of the world's best players. He's obviously short of both match fitness and confidence, which is why he played as if the ball was a hot potato that he couldn't wait to get rid of.

The only time I felt he really demonstrated his failings was leading up to their second goal, when they broke away from one of our attacks and fed the ball upfield to Aguerro. Although Jazz matched him for pace, he stood off and let him get the ball under control and feed to Milner, who admittedly beat Taylor too easily and scored. I feel a top class full back would have challenged Aguerro hard in the first few seconds they were together, before he settled on the ball, even at the expense of giving away a free kick and possibly taking a yellow card. How many times does it happen to us that some cynical defender takes out one of our players to stop an attack? At least twice yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Man City Post Match Analysis on 10:53 - May 18 with 2072 viewsmattjenkins1990

Man City Post Match Analysis on 09:02 - May 18 by Pegojack

I tend to agree, but we also have to remember that it's very difficult to come into the team with very little game time at the top level and look like a world beater, specially against the League Champions with some of the world's best players. He's obviously short of both match fitness and confidence, which is why he played as if the ball was a hot potato that he couldn't wait to get rid of.

The only time I felt he really demonstrated his failings was leading up to their second goal, when they broke away from one of our attacks and fed the ball upfield to Aguerro. Although Jazz matched him for pace, he stood off and let him get the ball under control and feed to Milner, who admittedly beat Taylor too easily and scored. I feel a top class full back would have challenged Aguerro hard in the first few seconds they were together, before he settled on the ball, even at the expense of giving away a free kick and possibly taking a yellow card. How many times does it happen to us that some cynical defender takes out one of our players to stop an attack? At least twice yesterday.

If Rangel was playing he would have just put him down

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024