Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plaid the party that supports the poor 19:13 - May 18 with 5069 viewstrampie

Plaid the party that supports the poor
But unfortunately the poor does not support Plaid

Talking to a UKIP voter the other day, he said something along the lines of, Labour and the Conservatives are for the rich, Liberals, Plaid and the Greens want the rich to pay towards the poor and that UKIP is for the poor people.

He said Plaid supporters were living in a different world, that they don't live next to people living on benefits who are not working but do somehow have money for smart phones, computers, drink, fags and satellite tv [although he did admit there are some genuine cases out there that deserve all the benefits they get].

He described Plaid and Green supporters as well meaning do gooders that by and large don't live next to people sponging off the state, people working and sharing the same estate as the scroungers are all voting UKIP he told me, what's wrong with the image of Farage as a bloke down the pub with a pint in his hand he said.

UKIP have came along at the wrong time for Plaid, just as people are slowly starting to realise that Labour are a Tory party and at that point you would expect Plaid to finally start picking up votes in the poorer parts of South Wales, UKIP come in and they start picking up the 'poor white vote'.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 19:34 - May 18 with 1991 viewsHighjack

Just out of interest, in what quantifiable way are Plaid 'the party that supports the poor'?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 19:40 - May 18 with 1977 viewstrampie

The ultimate goal of parties on the left is to tax the rich till the pips squeak and redistribute the wealth, if some people are to be believed.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 19:42 - May 18 with 1969 viewsHighjack

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 19:40 - May 18 by trampie

The ultimate goal of parties on the left is to tax the rich till the pips squeak and redistribute the wealth, if some people are to be believed.

Yes but what in what quantifiable way have they ever 'helped the poor'?

Also your statement leads me to ask 3 further questions:

1. How do you define "rich"?

2. How do you define 'poor'?

3. Who is supposed to stand up for the countless millions of people who are neither rich nor poor?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 19:51 - May 18 with 1952 viewstrampie

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 19:42 - May 18 by Highjack

Yes but what in what quantifiable way have they ever 'helped the poor'?

Also your statement leads me to ask 3 further questions:

1. How do you define "rich"?

2. How do you define 'poor'?

3. Who is supposed to stand up for the countless millions of people who are neither rich nor poor?

Quantifiable way = they gave them Welshcakes

Rich = having the means to do most things

Poor = struggling to make ends meet

Neither = the middle class bourgeois can stand up for themselves

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 19:59 - May 18 with 1940 viewsHighjack

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 19:51 - May 18 by trampie

So if someone is out of work on benefits and can buy fags and alcohol, live rent free and go on a nice holiday every year and have all the free time in the world to do what they want. Which category would you put them in?

Or someone working 60 hours a week with a mortgage struggling to pay bills and can't afford luxuries?

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:00 - May 18 with 1935 viewsperchrockjack

The rich what? Are you mad

The poor? Those who pig out on junk food

The middle classes ? That s the poor feckers who get up in the morning, go to work, try to save a few bob for holidays and kids schooling and when old havectonpay for a bed in a nursing home a poor person gets for nowt.

Tramp. Tbh you're exhibiting all the signs of madness. Your views would be ridiculed out of sight away from your poor village

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:03 - May 18 with 1927 viewsWarwickHunt

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:00 - May 18 by perchrockjack

The middle classes ? That s the poor feckers who get up in the morning, go to work, try to save a few bob for holidays and kids schooling and when old havectonpay for a bed in a nursing home a poor person gets for nowt.

Tramp. Tbh you're exhibiting all the signs of madness. Your views would be ridiculed out of sight away from your poor village

I don't think he ventures outside it often, Richie.
Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:05 - May 18 with 1925 viewsHighjack

I'm sure his heart is in the right place but his mind is not. He seems to think that life is all black and white, and everyone fits into nice neat little categories.

Login to get fewer ads

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:08 - May 18 with 1917 viewstrampie

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:00 - May 18 by perchrockjack

I don't live in a poor village.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:08 - May 18 with 1913 viewsHighjack

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:08 - May 18 by trampie

I don't live in a poor village.

You don't need Plaid then cos you can look after yourselves.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:13 - May 18 with 1896 viewsKilkennyjack

£1.2 billion a year based simply on parity with scotland should be a good start. Used wisely it should help wales achieve first class public services and help kick start our economy based on the modern high skill sectors.
Plus keep the Human Rights Act and staying in Europe are both positive outcomes.

Beware of the Risen People

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:19 - May 18 with 1881 viewsperchrockjack

If you don't, then you re a hypocrite as most of us are.

Honest lad, this doesn't look good and you and your Fenian chum need to have a civil ceremony and do the right thing.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:26 - May 18 with 1863 viewslondonlisa2001

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 19:51 - May 18 by trampie

"Neither = the middle class bourgeois can stand up for themselves"

They did - that's why Plaid had sod alll support.
Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:27 - May 18 with 1854 viewslondonlisa2001

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:13 - May 18 by Kilkennyjack

£1.2 billion a year based simply on parity with scotland should be a good start. Used wisely it should help wales achieve first class public services and help kick start our economy based on the modern high skill sectors.
Plus keep the Human Rights Act and staying in Europe are both positive outcomes.

Parity throughout the UK based on need would be fairer don't you think?

Or don't you care about the disadvantaged in England?

I agree re the others.
Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:28 - May 18 with 1852 viewsexiledclaseboy

If the election result wasn't depressing enough I don't know what to make of this thread.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 20:31]

Poll: Tory leader

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:28 - May 18 with 1851 viewstrampie

Perch I think you are over stepping the mark with your choice of words.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:29 - May 18 with 1848 viewsHighjack

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:28 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

If the election result wasn't depressing enough I don't know what to make of this thread.

I think you meant to write "erection" there.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:31 - May 18 with 1840 viewsexiledclaseboy

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:29 - May 18 by Highjack

I think you meant to write "erection" there.

Ha. Stupid phone.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:33 - May 18 with 1834 viewsexiledclaseboy

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:19 - May 18 by perchrockjack

If you don't, then you re a hypocrite as most of us are.

Honest lad, this doesn't look good and you and your Fenian chum need to have a civil ceremony and do the right thing.

Fenian? Careful there. Out of order.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:35 - May 18 with 1822 viewsjackonicko

On the bright side, no matter how badly you took the election result ECB, it's clearly affected Trampie far, far worse.
Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:36 - May 18 with 1818 viewsexiledclaseboy

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:35 - May 18 by jackonicko

On the bright side, no matter how badly you took the election result ECB, it's clearly affected Trampie far, far worse.

Indeed. I thought my response was quite measured to be honest.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:38 - May 18 with 1813 viewstrampie

Put bluntly by the boyo I was talking to and that is council estate types are voting UKIP in large numbers exiledclaseboy, is that your experience ?

The boyo I spoke to likes watching Question Time, the leaders debates and he even stayed up most of the night watching the election results and I think he lives on a council estate and that is what he was telling me, do you thing he is wrong ?, or are his observations just unique to his area ?
[Post edited 18 May 2015 20:43]

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:44 - May 18 with 1796 viewsexiledclaseboy

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:38 - May 18 by trampie

Put bluntly by the boyo I was talking to and that is council estate types are voting UKIP in large numbers exiledclaseboy, is that your experience ?

The boyo I spoke to likes watching Question Time, the leaders debates and he even stayed up most of the night watching the election results and I think he lives on a council estate and that is what he was telling me, do you thing he is wrong ?, or are his observations just unique to his area ?
[Post edited 18 May 2015 20:43]

I've no idea who "council estate types" are voting for. Labour got 53% of the vote in Swansea East, which includes my old stomping ground Clase. UKIP came second with 17%. I don't know if that helps with your patronising and vaguely condescending attempts at pigeonholing.

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:52 - May 18 with 1781 viewsLeonisGod

Shows how dozy ukip voters are if they think the party that sprung out of the Tories, have big farmer landowners amongst their MPs/MEPs and are led by an ex city boy are for the poor!
Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:53 - May 18 with 1777 viewstrampie

Plaid the party that supports the poor on 20:44 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

I've no idea who "council estate types" are voting for. Labour got 53% of the vote in Swansea East, which includes my old stomping ground Clase. UKIP came second with 17%. I don't know if that helps with your patronising and vaguely condescending attempts at pigeonholing.

People cant help their background exiledclaseboy, UKIP came second in Swansea East did they, oh dear that is the way it is then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024