Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curtis Obeng 12:19 - May 29 with 9953 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Curtis Obeng on 12:23 - May 29 with 5363 viewsairedale

Let's hope he's got something else lined up then. Wouldn't want him to waste his time elsewhere.
Curtis Obeng on 12:25 - May 29 with 5350 viewsfather_jack

looks like he got a R8 for his troubles....

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Curtis Obeng on 12:29 - May 29 with 5317 viewsDyfnant

Took him until now to realise, could replace time with money

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Curtis Obeng on 12:39 - May 29 with 5255 viewsMattG

Clearly it's not just footballers at the top of the tree who have lost touch with reality.

The cheeky farking minge.
Curtis Obeng on 12:41 - May 29 with 5239 viewsmonmouth

It's true. We wasted a lot of time on him when we might have got someone that could cut it above conference level.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Curtis Obeng on 12:50 - May 29 with 5183 viewsJonnyTheJack

If he was that desperate to play he'd have been knocking on the manager's door asking to go out on loan. You're not gonna get the manager's attention playing the odd U21 game (did he even get on our bench) and pissing about with your R8.

File under 'Dic*head footballer'
Curtis Obeng on 13:37 - May 29 with 4977 viewswaynekerr55

The replies below his tweet 😂😂😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Curtis Obeng on 13:39 - May 29 with 4964 viewsDr_Winston

Doesn't say being here was a waste of time though. He might have just watched Interstellar...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Curtis Obeng on 13:46 - May 29 with 4912 viewslondonlisa2001

Imagine what a waste of time doing 8 hours a day on a Tesco checkout for 20 years is. And not many people doing that have £100k cars.

Glad to see some of this lot go. Haven't noticed Liverpool and Everton clamouring for young Rory this time round. The days of them being able to say 'I'm a premier league footballer' have gone for good I suspect.

They are given such a chance and can't be bothered to put in the work needed to make the most of it. Amazing really.
Curtis Obeng on 14:01 - May 29 with 4851 viewswaynekerr55

Curtis Obeng on 13:46 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Imagine what a waste of time doing 8 hours a day on a Tesco checkout for 20 years is. And not many people doing that have £100k cars.

Glad to see some of this lot go. Haven't noticed Liverpool and Everton clamouring for young Rory this time round. The days of them being able to say 'I'm a premier league footballer' have gone for good I suspect.

They are given such a chance and can't be bothered to put in the work needed to make the most of it. Amazing really.

Too much too soon.

I've heard some of these boys are on anything between 100k to 250k per year. Staggering money

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Curtis Obeng on 14:10 - May 29 with 4820 viewslondonlisa2001

Curtis Obeng on 14:01 - May 29 by waynekerr55

Too much too soon.

I've heard some of these boys are on anything between 100k to 250k per year. Staggering money

It is staggering.

No incentive to work hard I suppose, although as some of them will now find out, that won't last long when they've spent it all on stupid cars.

Donnelly really annoys me. He must have a significant talent, and yet it's probably all over for him now, other than as a lower league journeyman unless his attitude changes. You see some of them, playing for our under 18s side, turning up at the Liberty on match day in Mercs etc. It's just stupid.

Contrast that with Amat, who moved here with his family in tow including his little brother, to make sure his life was right. He'll go on to have a long and distinguished career hopefully, including Spanish caps. His family is obviously just very sensible.

The two kids that seem to be about to step up from our 21s as well - Gorre and Hanley - they are always together, and have a lot of support from, in particular, Gorres family, who seem to have taken Hanley under their wing. Paying dividends with the way that they are both progressing, which must mean they are working hard.

The one that I have been wondering about though is Kingsley. I know he's had injury problems, but when he was signed there was a huge noise about him, with some at the club thinking he'd take Taylor's spot away this season. And yet, nothing? Is that not working out?
Curtis Obeng on 14:13 - May 29 with 4805 viewsCountyJim

He came on loan to us sorry not even league two standard
Curtis Obeng on 14:19 - May 29 with 4756 viewsItchySphincter

Curtis Obeng on 13:39 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Doesn't say being here was a waste of time though. He might have just watched Interstellar...

Interstellar was f*cking brilliant. Best film I've seen in ages - made my cry which was a bit embarrassing as I was sitting on a plane at the time.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Curtis Obeng on 14:21 - May 29 with 4749 viewsDr_Winston

Curtis Obeng on 14:19 - May 29 by ItchySphincter

Interstellar was f*cking brilliant. Best film I've seen in ages - made my cry which was a bit embarrassing as I was sitting on a plane at the time.

The first half hour or so bored me enough to stop watching, and I generally like Nolan's films.

Might revisit it one day.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Curtis Obeng on 14:29 - May 29 with 4699 viewslondonlisa2001

Curtis Obeng on 14:13 - May 29 by CountyJim

He came on loan to us sorry not even league two standard

Not even league 2 standard and driving around in a £100k car. Says it all really doesn't it.
Curtis Obeng on 14:31 - May 29 with 4689 viewsJackattack

Curtis Obeng on 14:10 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

It is staggering.

No incentive to work hard I suppose, although as some of them will now find out, that won't last long when they've spent it all on stupid cars.

Donnelly really annoys me. He must have a significant talent, and yet it's probably all over for him now, other than as a lower league journeyman unless his attitude changes. You see some of them, playing for our under 18s side, turning up at the Liberty on match day in Mercs etc. It's just stupid.

Contrast that with Amat, who moved here with his family in tow including his little brother, to make sure his life was right. He'll go on to have a long and distinguished career hopefully, including Spanish caps. His family is obviously just very sensible.

The two kids that seem to be about to step up from our 21s as well - Gorre and Hanley - they are always together, and have a lot of support from, in particular, Gorres family, who seem to have taken Hanley under their wing. Paying dividends with the way that they are both progressing, which must mean they are working hard.

The one that I have been wondering about though is Kingsley. I know he's had injury problems, but when he was signed there was a huge noise about him, with some at the club thinking he'd take Taylor's spot away this season. And yet, nothing? Is that not working out?

Are Gore and Hanley cousins or something?
Curtis Obeng on 14:39 - May 29 with 4642 viewslondonlisa2001

Curtis Obeng on 14:31 - May 29 by Jackattack

Don't know. Don't think so. Gorre is Dutch and Hanley English.

I think they're just BFF :-)
Curtis Obeng on 15:03 - May 29 with 4551 viewsMarryGonk

Curtis Obeng on 14:31 - May 29 by Jackattack

Small world if thats the case

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Curtis Obeng on 15:17 - May 29 with 4493 viewsJackattack

Curtis Obeng on 15:03 - May 29 by MarryGonk

Small world if thats the case

Agreed. I thought I read somewhere that they are related. Probably not.
Curtis Obeng on 16:31 - May 29 with 4284 viewsdobjack2

Remember Gary Johnson after taking is FIFA pro licence being quoted as saying simething like one thing that course doesn't teach you is how to deal with 18 year old millionaires.
Curtis Obeng on 16:34 - May 29 with 4257 viewsmacthejack

Curtis Obeng on 16:31 - May 29 by dobjack2

Remember Gary Johnson after taking is FIFA pro licence being quoted as saying simething like one thing that course doesn't teach you is how to deal with 18 year old millionaires.

It's also partly to do with the FA. Slowly but surely more is being done to educate young players on how to be a professional footballer both on and OFF the pitch. Others seem to have a good attitude though such as those mentioned above as well as Jay Fulton and Matty Grimes and even Mo Barrow although he's slightly older.
Curtis Obeng on 16:39 - May 29 with 4224 viewsSwanzay

Curtis Obeng on 13:37 - May 29 by waynekerr55

The replies below his tweet 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ricksterthejack is one of the replies, isn't that Daz' old forum friend?
Curtis Obeng on 16:48 - May 29 with 4177 viewssnork44

Both were Rodgers signings! Obeng was a disappointment, but Donnelly had talent, just that idiot wasted it away by having a Billy 'big' Bollox attitude. Either he'll end up at a Scottish lower league side or end up back playing for Ballymena or Glentoran back in Ulster.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Curtis Obeng on 16:55 - May 29 with 4147 viewsJBT95

Or maybe he has just given up on being a pro footballer? He's 26 afterall.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 16:55]
Curtis Obeng on 17:05 - May 29 with 4094 viewslondonlisa2001

Curtis Obeng on 16:55 - May 29 by JBT95

Or maybe he has just given up on being a pro footballer? He's 26 afterall.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 16:55]

Anything which has meant that by the age of 26 you're able to invest in £100k cars, hardly counts as a 'waste of time' though does it? Unless he was otherwise destined for a sparkling career in brain surgery or something of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024