Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' 05:34 - May 31 with 11510 viewsmichumagic9

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/30/arsenal-cleared-to-seal-ki-sung-yeung-transfer-for
Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 13:03 - May 31 with 3555 viewstomdickharry

After watching Arsenal yesterday Ki will not play on a regular basis,however,this is Arsenal and their marketing people will make the most of Ki's image in South Korea and Asia generally.Although £15M seems a very good price Ki's 8 goals this season if they are replicated next season would be worth that alone,therefore,perhaps £15M is in reality not that attractive perhaps we should start at £20M cash plus a player.Schneiderlin 5 goals last season.
Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 14:19 - May 31 with 3409 viewstylagarwjack

I really hope the club is telling Ki that we don't need to sell, we don't want to sell, and he is not what Arsenal need anyway, as they need an out an out destroyer, and Ki, for all his qualities, is not that, and is actually the type of player they have a few of already, and so his game time could easily be limited.

I don't actually think the club will be doing any of that, but, so soon after selling Bony, you'd think we'd be reluctant to sell another important player, seeing as we don't need to, even if it is "good business". They must be confident of signing another deep lying midfielder who can score 5+ goals per season for far less money for that to be true.

Having said that, we have just finished 8th so are obviously doing a lot of things right.
Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 15:13 - May 31 with 3317 viewsAndyNak

Ki's 8 goals also don't take into account the period he missed through international duty and injury too

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 15:45 - May 31 with 3237 viewsAnotherJohn

As others have said, anything south of 20 million is poor business - especially if there is a sell-on clause in Celtic's favour, and taking account of Asian marketing and the transactions cost (agents' fees etcetera) of replacing Ki with similar quality. Actually I'm not sure there is real substance in this story, given that we have seen other stories linking Arsenal with Schneiderlin. Perhaps Ki enters the picture as a possible second choice or a useful pawn in negotiations with Schneiderlin's agent.
[Post edited 31 May 2015 19:24]
Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 17:39 - May 31 with 3106 viewsDaithejack

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/445379/Arsenal-Ki-Sung-yeung-Transfer-
Makes a nice change to hear this rather than its always been my dream to warm the bench of a Champions League club and earn 150 grand a week!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 18:09 - May 31 with 3013 viewsmonmouth

Don't worry about any sell on clause, we'll sell them Steve Kingsley for 20m and give them Ki for nothing as part of the deal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 01:09 - Jun 1 with 2673 viewsDrizzy

£20m and not a penny less if he's going to leave. Be funny to read some of the Brains Trust's comments about him before the season, "Sunderland were better without him" hahahaha.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 09:11 - Jun 1 with 2538 viewsJackSomething

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 01:09 - Jun 1 by Drizzy

£20m and not a penny less if he's going to leave. Be funny to read some of the Brains Trust's comments about him before the season, "Sunderland were better without him" hahahaha.

In all fairness Drizzy, he's looked far better under Monk than he did under Laudrup, who obviously didn't rate him.

He's been exceptional this year and I'm delighted, but he was incredibly ineffective in his first season here.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 09:17 - Jun 1 with 2526 viewsdgt73

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 08:18 - May 31 by yogibear_412

Wonder how much ki contributes with coverage and sales in South Asia?? Should prop his sale up abit. Heard Celtic get 17.5% of any sell on - so gotta be careful

[Post edited 31 May 2015 8:20]

In that case id rather let Ki go for nothing than give those c:nts anything.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2015 9:21]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 09:47 - Jun 1 with 2489 viewsLeonisGod

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 09:08 - May 31 by QuakerJack

Agree... Monk talks about kicking on and continuing to push ourselves forward... Aiming for top 6 etc... After what he's said recently I doubt this is his decision... Hardly a statement of intent to kick on and achieve when we sell our player of the year.

But we've always done this and always bounced back. Cork, JJS, Siggy isn't a bad foundation to build around. I'd love him to stay, but anything north of £15m and I suspect he'll be gone.
Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' (n/t) on 10:07 - Jun 1 with 2443 viewstomdickharry

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 10:12 - Jun 1 with 2430 viewstomdickharry

It was rumoured Bony to Arsenal this time last year,now Ki to Arsenal the former turned out to be a load of rubbish and so will the Ki rumour.
Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 10:14 - Jun 1 with 2429 viewsmonmouth

If any of the current top 6 come in for our players it is probably just a matter of getting the best price we can no matter how much we want to keep them. Their heads and agent's heads will be turned by the pay and glamour. To assert that we are really in control of that as a small club at the western end of beyond (in relative terms that's what we are...don't get uppity!) is rather fanciful isn't it?

I believe that Ki wants guarantees of playing time though, which may be the saving grace here. Depends whether that wish can be bought out.

If any of this is at all true....obviously, which I think remains a very big if.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 11:12 - Jun 1 with 2345 viewswhiterock

Seriously, teams like Swansea have to trade players, its a way of keeping wages down, Ki would be on about £60k a week at Swansea, a replacement would start off at £15k-£20k a week.
Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 11:45 - Jun 1 with 2310 viewsbluenile

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 09:17 - Jun 1 by dgt73

In that case id rather let Ki go for nothing than give those c:nts anything.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2015 9:21]

Spite nose cutting face your to off your..................................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 14:02 - Jun 1 with 2178 viewsswan_si

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 11:45 - Jun 1 by bluenile

Spite nose cutting face your to off your..................................

how many times did you have to read that before you were confident enough to post it? i had to check it 3 times before i gave the nod of approval.

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 14:08 - Jun 1 with 2167 viewswaynekerr55

Arsenal 'cleared to seal Ki Sung-Yeung transfer for £15m' on 01:09 - Jun 1 by Drizzy

As shown by last year, that was a load of poppycock. I had to laugh at some on CCMB saying he was rubbish, the guy is class.

He also looked good for us too, I wonder why he was exiled under the ambivalent one? Not one of Bayrum's boys was he?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024