Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belgium game 16:11 - Jun 9 with 4523 viewsmattjenkins1990

If hypothetically the Swans were able to turn out against Belgium would you prefer to play our starting 11 or the Welsh first team

What would the score be for either game

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Belgium game on 17:12 - Jun 9 with 3610 viewsCooperman

Good question. What is the higher standard, 8th in the Premier League or 22nd in the world (for the record I think the Wales position of 22nd is a little false and I would pitch us at mid 40's)?

I think 8th in the PL is the higher standard and that the sum of SCFC first eleven is better than Wales first eleven, so on this basis my preference would be SCFC v Belgium.

Wales v Belgium at Legoland = 0-1
SCFC v Belgium at Fortress Liberty = 2-1

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Belgium game on 17:27 - Jun 9 with 3588 viewsAquinas

Both would be losses.

Only Bale would get into the starting Belgium team out of the Welsh squad. Possibly Ramsey.

No one from Swansea's squad would start for Belgium either. Ash would make the squad but wouldn't get in ahead of Kompany, Vertonghen, Vermaelen etc.

I think a lot of people forget that it was a small miracle that we didn't concede in Belgium. If we score a goal on Friday, we'll have done well.
Belgium game on 17:45 - Jun 9 with 3558 viewsmattjenkins1990

Belgium game on 17:27 - Jun 9 by Aquinas

Both would be losses.

Only Bale would get into the starting Belgium team out of the Welsh squad. Possibly Ramsey.

No one from Swansea's squad would start for Belgium either. Ash would make the squad but wouldn't get in ahead of Kompany, Vertonghen, Vermaelen etc.

I think a lot of people forget that it was a small miracle that we didn't concede in Belgium. If we score a goal on Friday, we'll have done well.

i agree but two players dont make a team. I feel as a unit the SCFC squad are stronger than the welsh 11 including the stars

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Belgium game on 18:53 - Jun 9 with 3474 viewsyescomeon

Swansea play week-in week-out together. I'd go for them to win over both.

Upthecity!

Belgium game on 19:21 - Jun 9 with 3433 viewsjeza739

Only Bale and Ramsey from the national team would get in our side (and. I include Ben Davies in that assessment), though it would be hard on one of our midfield being left out I can't leave Ramsey out so I would expect Swans to give Belgium a harder game. Wales will do well to get a draw which would be a fab result
Belgium game on 20:36 - Jun 9 with 3352 viewsJBT95

Belgium game on 19:21 - Jun 9 by jeza739

Only Bale and Ramsey from the national team would get in our side (and. I include Ben Davies in that assessment), though it would be hard on one of our midfield being left out I can't leave Ramsey out so I would expect Swans to give Belgium a harder game. Wales will do well to get a draw which would be a fab result

You mean like the previous two draws we got over there and have only lost to them when reduced to 10 men and then only conceded from set pieces.

Tool.
Belgium game on 20:38 - Jun 9 with 3347 viewsJBT95

You can't compare Swansea and Wales as like another poster has said Swansea play together around 40 odd times per season and train for about 40 weeks of the year. Wales train for 6 weeks of the year and played 6 times last year in total.

Wales have some better players but as a whole Swansea have a stronger squad I'd say.

But Ramsey and Bale are different class.

Allen would get in Swans starting XI, anybody who says no is a joker.

A combined XI would probably be from me at the current time-

Either keeper really.

Gunter (Naughton has been injured) Williams (FF,Chester,Collins all as good as one another) Taylor

Bale Ramsey Allen Shelvey Montero

Bafe.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2015 20:42]
Belgium game on 20:52 - Jun 9 with 3323 viewsdgt73

Belgium game on 20:38 - Jun 9 by JBT95

You can't compare Swansea and Wales as like another poster has said Swansea play together around 40 odd times per season and train for about 40 weeks of the year. Wales train for 6 weeks of the year and played 6 times last year in total.

Wales have some better players but as a whole Swansea have a stronger squad I'd say.

Either keeper really.

Gunter (Naughton has been injured) Williams (FF,Chester,Collins all as good as one another) Taylor

Bafe.

You are on drugs....you must be.. only bale & Ramsey would get into the Swans team.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

Belgium game on 20:54 - Jun 9 with 3315 viewsshandyjack

Either keeper really.

Bafe.

Chester and Collins as good as FF

Poll: Expectation for the season

Belgium game on 20:58 - Jun 9 with 3301 viewsNeath_Jack

This Wales' number one supporter chap is clearly off his rocker. If ever there was any doubt before, he's just confirmed it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Belgium game on 20:59 - Jun 9 with 3292 viewsdgt73

Belgium game on 20:54 - Jun 9 by shandyjack

Chester and Collins as good as FF

And the welsh keeper is as good as L F.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Belgium game on 21:01 - Jun 9 with 3283 viewsraynor94

Belgium game on 20:58 - Jun 9 by Neath_Jack

This Wales' number one supporter chap is clearly off his rocker. If ever there was any doubt before, he's just confirmed it.

I just thought he'd been drinking

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Belgium game on 22:09 - Jun 9 with 3221 viewsPozuelosSideys

Either keeper really.

Bafe.

Did you just say Federico Fernandez is on par with James Chester and James Collins?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Belgium game on 23:29 - Jun 9 with 3169 viewsBanosswan

Belgium game on 22:09 - Jun 9 by PozuelosSideys

Did you just say Federico Fernandez is on par with James Chester and James Collins?

Innit
[Post edited 9 Jun 2015 23:30]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Belgium game on 23:29 - Jun 9 with 3169 viewscwrw

No brainier for me the Swans are better than Wales. As has been said already Bale and Ramsey I'd welcome with open arms to the Swans but none of the others
Belgium game on 23:46 - Jun 9 with 3143 viewsMrSwerve

Belgium game on 22:09 - Jun 9 by PozuelosSideys

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Belgium game on 08:39 - Jun 10 with 3039 viewsDewi1jack

Belgium game on 20:59 - Jun 9 by dgt73

And the welsh keeper is as good as L F.

Clearly a sign that someone isn't taking their meds properly.
Thought Joey ( who was very good for us, left for the wrong team but they well overpaid!!) ahead of Siggy was a laugh as well.
Would take Bale, Ramsey and any of the Welsh keepers as a back up to Fab.
Think of the damage we could do to PL defences with Bale in the team

Go on HJ, go get him!!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Belgium game on 09:26 - Jun 10 with 3012 viewsPapaLazarou

Either keeper really.

Bafe.

Fabianski on a par with Crystal Palace's reserve team goalkeeper?!

This one's got to be a scummer on a wind-up, or a part-timer with Newport. The only time I see him posting something positive about the Swans is when it's about the Welsh players.

And yes, I'll be there on Friday!
Belgium game on 13:12 - Jun 10 with 2943 viewsJBT95

Belgium game on 09:26 - Jun 10 by PapaLazarou

Fabianski on a par with Crystal Palace's reserve team goalkeeper?!

This one's got to be a scummer on a wind-up, or a part-timer with Newport. The only time I see him posting something positive about the Swans is when it's about the Welsh players.

And yes, I'll be there on Friday!

Well Hennessey has played very well in games I have seen him in the flesh since he came back from injury, conceding no goals from open play and conceding only once in 180 Belgian away minutes, 90 of which were behind a make shift defence.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2015 13:15]
Belgium game on 13:13 - Jun 10 with 2940 viewsJBT95

Belgium game on 08:39 - Jun 10 by Dewi1jack

Clearly a sign that someone isn't taking their meds properly.
Thought Joey ( who was very good for us, left for the wrong team but they well overpaid!!) ahead of Siggy was a laugh as well.
Would take Bale, Ramsey and any of the Welsh keepers as a back up to Fab.
Think of the damage we could do to PL defences with Bale in the team

Go on HJ, go get him!!

Siggy would not get in the team cause Ramsey is a better number 10. Allen would get ahead of Jack Cork for me.
Belgium game on 13:14 - Jun 10 with 2937 viewsJBT95

Belgium game on 23:46 - Jun 9 by MrSwerve

West Ham fans were saying Collins was their player of the year.

Chester is a good CB and has only played with Ash 4 times, conceding no goals from open play.
Belgium game on 13:24 - Jun 10 with 2919 viewsProfessor

Belgium are a good side and I think we would struggle to beat them. Bale (no brainer), Ramsey, Allen, Andy King, Henessey and Collins/Chester could make our match day squad but not necessarily start. The Collins/Chester inclusion is as much on experience over Amat or Bartley than ability. Gunter is also a decent player and does well for Wales as does Joe (Ratboy) Ledley. Wales are a mediocre team on paper with one great player and a few good ones. Fortunately we play on grass (to than shocking 4G pitch in Andorra) and are a better team than its components.
Belgium game on 14:29 - Jun 10 with 2873 viewsPapaLazarou

Belgium game on 13:12 - Jun 10 by JBT95

Well Hennessey has played very well in games I have seen him in the flesh since he came back from injury, conceding no goals from open play and conceding only once in 180 Belgian away minutes, 90 of which were behind a make shift defence.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2015 13:15]

But nothing to choose from between him and Fabianski?! Pull the other one!
Belgium game on 15:08 - Jun 10 with 2848 viewsDewi1jack

Belgium game on 13:13 - Jun 10 by JBT95

Siggy would not get in the team cause Ramsey is a better number 10. Allen would get ahead of Jack Cork for me.

Joey, as much as I think he's a good player, would be on the bench behind Corky.
Siggy, IMHO, puts in far more effort and better performances on a much more regular basis than Ramsey, so it's Siggy for me. Ramsey as an impact player
Bale (with or without an Alice band) would saunter into our team no probs.
I'd even think about letting Jazz, Gerry, or Dwight go to free up a wage packet/ squad slot for Bale.
In fact, looking at your team selection, I'd keep Jazz over Gunter as well. Even though I'd prefer if we just went with 3 at the back, rather than either!!

Hennessy on a par with Łukasz Fabiański?
Collins or Chester equally as good as Fede?
Really?
On what planet?
Can I have the recipe for what you're drinking?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Belgium game on 16:59 - Jun 10 with 2802 viewsJJJack

Belgium game on 15:08 - Jun 10 by Dewi1jack

Joey, as much as I think he's a good player, would be on the bench behind Corky.
Siggy, IMHO, puts in far more effort and better performances on a much more regular basis than Ramsey, so it's Siggy for me. Ramsey as an impact player
Bale (with or without an Alice band) would saunter into our team no probs.
I'd even think about letting Jazz, Gerry, or Dwight go to free up a wage packet/ squad slot for Bale.
In fact, looking at your team selection, I'd keep Jazz over Gunter as well. Even though I'd prefer if we just went with 3 at the back, rather than either!!

Hennessy on a par with Łukasz Fabiański?
Collins or Chester equally as good as Fede?
Really?
On what planet?
Can I have the recipe for what you're drinking?

Ramsey is a far, far better player than Siggy mate. You'd have to be blind not to see that. I haven't noticed Siggy being linked with a £50m move to Barca.....
Gunter > Jazz (but not Rangel or Naughton)
I genuinely would struggle to pick between Davies v Taylor (I prefer Davies ceteris paribus)
Again I'd struggle to separate Allen from Cork or Ki. On last season's form it would be one of the Swans players. Ledley too is highly effective these days for Wales and palace...don't underestimate his importance to both sides because of his "previous existence".
Hennessey is very unlucky at club level and did very well when used last year. Perhaps not at Fab's level but been superb for Wales and is the better shot stopper IMO.
I very much like Chester....Collins is a weak international CB but does a job for the cloggers in Landan.
I like HRK and rate him about Dyer's level. Vokes would certainly make the Swans bench.

Overall, I'd go for Ramsey, Bale and Davies in our starting XI but probably not any others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024