Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Together Stronger? 16:07 - Jun 11 with 9104 viewsGB11

Now don't take this as a swipe at all of your fans but I would have expected more activity in talking about one of the biggest games in decades in Welsh International football tomorrow. I expect many of your fans make the trip.

A genuine question here but do many of you find the fact the Cardiff stadium is now seen as the national stadium as a turn off?. If so that is a shame, it really is a nothing issue. If we get to France there'll be none of this petty point scoring over the ground, we'll all be Welsh cheering on the team.

And also, I have rarely heard any Swansea player get booed, I think that is a bit of a myth. Your team has provided many of the current crop so any Cardiff fan will simply have to stomach it. And I think they do.

The bandwagon is in full flow and the FAW are doing a great job of building the hype. This is a great opportunity for Welsh football to move on from the "They're shit" opinion held by the majority for years.

Come onnnnnn!.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2015 16:09]
Together Stronger? on 16:12 - Jun 11 with 4537 viewsAngelRangelQS

I don't really think it's that big a game to be honest. Think that the next four are far more important to us than tomorrow.

I think there is a lot of bad feeling down this way towards the FAW in general and attending games in Cardiff as a Swans fan. Looks like the FAW have addressed this though so full credit to them for that.

All this said, I am going and in really looking forward to it.
Together Stronger? on 16:23 - Jun 11 with 4478 viewsdgt73

Until the Welsh fa start showing respect to the Swans.... The Welsh team can go and get fooked.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Together Stronger? on 16:27 - Jun 11 with 4444 viewsairedale

If we do get to the finals, I wouldn't be surprised if the Millenium Stadium is used too.
Together Stronger? on 16:29 - Jun 11 with 4435 viewsGB11

Together Stronger? on 16:23 - Jun 11 by dgt73

Until the Welsh fa start showing respect to the Swans.... The Welsh team can go and get fooked.

What have they done?. Apart from playing international games in the capital city, which I thought would be obvious?.
Together Stronger? on 16:29 - Jun 11 with 4430 viewsGB11

Together Stronger? on 16:12 - Jun 11 by AngelRangelQS

I don't really think it's that big a game to be honest. Think that the next four are far more important to us than tomorrow.

I think there is a lot of bad feeling down this way towards the FAW in general and attending games in Cardiff as a Swans fan. Looks like the FAW have addressed this though so full credit to them for that.

All this said, I am going and in really looking forward to it.

Ye probably you are right. But if we win tomorrow it is party time!.
Together Stronger? on 16:37 - Jun 11 with 4389 viewsblaine_scfc

I'll be there tomorrow, as I have been all the others. I don't personally have a problem having the games played at CCS, as you said, it's the capital so it's as expected.

Unfortunately though, especially away from home there are Cardiff fans who go to try and make a name for themselves, wearing colours constantly and trying to intimidate, again, no problem for me personally, but I can imagine it putting a lot of people from Swansea going, especially the families, kids etc. As for it being a myth about Swans players being booed, bullsh*t... You've only got to listen to John Hartsons interview to confirm that, and he never even played for us.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2015 7:47]
Together Stronger? on 16:42 - Jun 11 with 4370 viewsjackharris

There are lots and lots of us making the trip up tomorrow and I can't f*cking wait! I love it when Wales are doing well! The atmosphere will be amazing tomorrow, especially if things go our way to start. I am one of six going. My First Welsh game being in 1984. I have watched Wales loads of times, with the most memorable being our games v Germany 1-0, Romania, Belgium 2-0, Italy 2-1, etc, etc. The Cardiff City a Stadium is the absolute best fit for the match. 33,000 (2,200 away) tidy pitch, etc. I will be in the 'special' Wales only Ninian upper stand!

Now this board is a Swansea City message board and unlike Cardiff we are at the pinnacle of the Clubs achievements and things are only going to get better, therefore, we don't need to mention Wales as much on here. I use Twitter and other social
Media for that. Although there is a thread on here where I have detailed my plans for the day tomorrow.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Together Stronger? on 16:43 - Jun 11 with 4355 viewsGB11

Together Stronger? on 16:37 - Jun 11 by blaine_scfc

I'll be there tomorrow, as I have been all the others. I don't personally have a problem having the games played at CCS, as you said, it's the capital so it's as expected.

Unfortunately though, especially away from home there are Cardiff fans who go to try and make a name for themselves, wearing colours constantly and trying to intimidate, again, no problem for me personally, but I can imagine it putting a lot of people from Swansea going, especially the families, kids etc. As for it being a myth about Swans players being booed, bullsh*t... You've only got to listen to John Hartsons interview to confirm that, and he never even played for us.

Completely agree. You rarely see a Welsh flag without it branded with their club.
Login to get fewer ads

Together Stronger? on 16:54 - Jun 11 with 4309 viewsUxbridge

It's cute how the bassey's still try to act all superior.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Together Stronger? on 16:55 - Jun 11 with 4304 viewsjackolantern

Together Stronger? on 16:37 - Jun 11 by blaine_scfc

And Ashley Williams is not even Welsh. I must have dreamt that chant then...

Yeah righto

C
Together Stronger? on 17:05 - Jun 11 with 4271 viewslondonlisa2001

Since this is transparently a wind up thread, I will respond in kind by pointing out that we have been a bit distracted on here talking about the signing of a world renowned forward who turned down Roma amongst others to come to us whereas I imagine that the joys of talking about who you are signing from Burton Albion may be less of a distraction for you.

On a more serious note - I don't care where the games are played and actually prefer the CCS to the Millennium for football games, I am hugely looking forward to the game although am not able to be there this time, I think we will qualify (maybe not this game) and I'm very proud that our club captain also captains the national side. i will support Ledley tomorrow though as much as Ash or Taylor, as when Wales are playing I only care about Wales not about petty club nonsense.

I hope though that the game is not marred by having to sit through that clown Barry Horne doing the commentary, as he doesn't seem to have realised that we are in this position because of 11 players (or 18) pulling together, not jut two.
Together Stronger? on 18:22 - Jun 11 with 4106 viewspencoedjack

You Basseys must be getting quite excited about the PL superstars coming to your stadium. I'd imagine the only time it will be full is when the Jacks and Gogs come to help you fill it.

Enjoy
Together Stronger? on 18:33 - Jun 11 with 4042 viewsAquinas

I think there is a significant minority of Cardiff fans who just can't stand the idea of Swansea being part of the Welsh team's success.

Cardiff fans know that we have a much better side, so they find consolation in branding the Welsh team's success as their success. They have absolutely nothing to look forward to on the domestic front, so they are hijacking welsh games as their own to stop us sharing in that success because they are jealous of what we are achieving.

It has long been assumed that England fans are the bane of international football, but at least they unite. I have absolutely no doubt that if Wales qualify, there will be trouble in France with Cardiff fans being the instigators.
Together Stronger? on 18:34 - Jun 11 with 4038 viewsJBT95

Together Stronger? on 16:23 - Jun 11 by dgt73

How are they suppose to do that?
Together Stronger? on 18:35 - Jun 11 with 4028 viewsJBT95

Together Stronger? on 16:42 - Jun 11 by jackharris

There are lots and lots of us making the trip up tomorrow and I can't f*cking wait! I love it when Wales are doing well! The atmosphere will be amazing tomorrow, especially if things go our way to start. I am one of six going. My First Welsh game being in 1984. I have watched Wales loads of times, with the most memorable being our games v Germany 1-0, Romania, Belgium 2-0, Italy 2-1, etc, etc. The Cardiff City a Stadium is the absolute best fit for the match. 33,000 (2,200 away) tidy pitch, etc. I will be in the 'special' Wales only Ninian upper stand!

Now this board is a Swansea City message board and unlike Cardiff we are at the pinnacle of the Clubs achievements and things are only going to get better, therefore, we don't need to mention Wales as much on here. I use Twitter and other social
Media for that. Although there is a thread on here where I have detailed my plans for the day tomorrow.

You will be in the special 'glory hunting' stand.
Together Stronger? on 18:36 - Jun 11 with 4026 viewsJBT95

Together Stronger? on 16:43 - Jun 11 by GB11

Completely agree. You rarely see a Welsh flag without it branded with their club.

Yeah I hate that, no problem with Swansea or Cardiff written on a flag but club logos are a no no from me.
Together Stronger? on 18:54 - Jun 11 with 3985 viewsMrSwerve

Together Stronger? on 18:36 - Jun 11 by JBT95

Yeah I hate that, no problem with Swansea or Cardiff written on a flag but club logos are a no no from me.

Realistically is there any difference?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Together Stronger? on 19:00 - Jun 11 with 3956 viewsVinnie

Together Stronger? on 16:29 - Jun 11 by GB11

Ye probably you are right. But if we win tomorrow it is party time!.

Together is definitely stronger.Personally I have no problem going to the CCS to watch Wales.The atmosphere has been great at the games played in this group so far and I know that tomorrow the place will be bouncing.I sincerely hope that we never go back to the Millennium Stadium ever again.The Welsh footballing public is a fickle beast,when we lose a couple of games a lot of "fans" do not want to know,so the thought of going back to that rugby ground with crowds of 20,000 or so would probably stop me from following Wales again.The Cardiff City Stadium is the perfect ground for Wales to play in.The crowd are near the pitch and the majority of the people in the place are actually football fans.Tomorrow night? 2-1 Wales win.
Together Stronger? on 19:06 - Jun 11 with 3939 viewsEdmundo

Together Stronger? on 18:36 - Jun 11 by JBT95

Except you get a kicking for having the gaul to show anything related to Swansea, whilst in Cardiff #stronger together......feckin bollocks! You haven't allowed for your largish cretin element, fuelled by a skinfull😃

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Together Stronger? on 19:14 - Jun 11 with 3899 viewsGB11

Together Stronger? on 18:22 - Jun 11 by pencoedjack

You Basseys must be getting quite excited about the PL superstars coming to your stadium. I'd imagine the only time it will be full is when the Jacks and Gogs come to help you fill it.

Enjoy

What are you like twelve.

I've got more going on in my life to be totally honest.
Together Stronger? on 19:21 - Jun 11 with 3867 viewsAquinas

Together Stronger? on 19:14 - Jun 11 by GB11

What are you like twelve.

I've got more going on in my life to be totally honest.

Like signing into a rival forum and attempting to dictate to us?
Together Stronger? on 19:21 - Jun 11 with 3865 viewsjackharris

Together Stronger? on 18:35 - Jun 11 by JBT95

You will be in the special 'glory hunting' stand.

Yes with my Gold Membership card in my pocket, purchased before campaign. I like a good view you see! Therefore, just like the Bosnia game I purchased my tickets in the Middle tier. I'm up a little bit higher this time for a bird's eye view! Do one you f*cking knob!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Together Stronger? on 19:31 - Jun 11 with 3825 viewsGB11

Together Stronger? on 19:21 - Jun 11 by Aquinas

Like signing into a rival forum and attempting to dictate to us?

Not really. I was actually trying to slightly bridge what is clearly an issue.

I have no problem with Swansea as a place or as a team.

Yet being called scum simply because I support cardiff is getting tiresome, as I have been called most times I've logged in. Pathetic if I'm honest.

Asking a question is not really dictating.

It is so sad that some people can't even enjoy going to the two of most popular destinations in their own country because of football haha.
Together Stronger? on 19:33 - Jun 11 with 3816 viewsAquinas

Together Stronger? on 19:31 - Jun 11 by GB11

Not really. I was actually trying to slightly bridge what is clearly an issue.

I have no problem with Swansea as a place or as a team.

Yet being called scum simply because I support cardiff is getting tiresome, as I have been called most times I've logged in. Pathetic if I'm honest.

Asking a question is not really dictating.

It is so sad that some people can't even enjoy going to the two of most popular destinations in their own country because of football haha.

If it is becoming tiresome then go back to your own forum.
Together Stronger? on 19:35 - Jun 11 with 3804 viewsGB11

Together Stronger? on 19:33 - Jun 11 by Aquinas

If it is becoming tiresome then go back to your own forum.

Quite the welcome.

Tarah
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024