Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup - on the move again 13:15 - Jun 18 with 17065 viewsSweyns_Eye

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-boss-Michael-Laudrup-set-le

Does he have wanderlust or sand in the eye this time?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:48 - Jun 18 with 2744 viewsSweyns_Eye

As a manager, I don't think he's really bothered about it all. Its as if he just wants to continue being involved in football in some way. We got the best of him then got rid before he damaged us permanently. Thank you Michael. Great player, so-so manager.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:23 - Jun 18 with 2722 viewsDr_Winston

I wonder if there's an Arabic version of Spratty bitching ceaselessly on their website about how hard done by he is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:37 - Jun 18 with 2703 viewsDarran

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:23 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

I wonder if there's an Arabic version of Spratty bitching ceaselessly on their website about how hard done by he is.

There was but the Arabic version of The Jobster banned his 92 usernames.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:38 - Jun 18 with 2700 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:37 - Jun 18 by Darran

There was but the Arabic version of The Jobster banned his 92 usernames.

It's 72 usernames in that part of the world.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup - on the move again on 20:26 - Jun 18 with 2646 viewsAnotherJohn

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:38 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

It's 72 usernames in that part of the world.

There must be a few others besides the virgins surely.
Laudrup - on the move again on 21:14 - Jun 18 with 2583 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:29 - Jun 18 by Private_Partz

Which football circles are saying this? Tatey did not like him and it seems GM was not too keen but I must say I have seem little evidence of this opinion otherwise.

Hugely unpopular with his players, seriously.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Laudrup - on the move again on 21:32 - Jun 18 with 2557 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:29 - Jun 18 by Private_Partz

Which football circles are saying this? Tatey did not like him and it seems GM was not too keen but I must say I have seem little evidence of this opinion otherwise.

The words of my pal who has worked at Chelsea and arsenal.

Nobody has a good word to say about him. Do I trust his word? Well to be fair he did tell me that Diego Costa had a medical in the months before he signed and it came true.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup - on the move again on 23:33 - Jun 18 with 2478 viewsSwanseajill

Laudrup - on the move again on 13:37 - Jun 18 by AnotherJohn

Wonder what the contract conditions are that he finds unacceptable.

Possibly his vines are ripening and he needs to spend more time at the vinery. Besides its a long haul from the Middle East to get back there.

Also being a selfish fan, I need a manager who can commit all his time/efforts to our club. Frankie was, Roberto was, Toshack was. Amongst others, Flynn and Laudrap never made the list.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup - on the move again on 01:46 - Jun 19 with 2443 viewsDavillin

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:54 - Jun 18 by Rancid

Is there any other player with SCFC running through their veins more than Garry Monk or Tatey? They knew what was happening and the divide with the Spaniards and others at the club and they also knew Laudrup wasn't capable of sorting it out too and relegation loomed.I for one am glad Monk knocked on Huw's door because we were in crisis after that West Ham game and things needed changing.

I admit to not knowing the inside story about Laudrup's behaviour and the resulting sacking, but I agree with you and put my faith in Tate and Monk completely -- then and now.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrup - on the move again on 01:51 - Jun 19 with 2440 viewsDavillin

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:26 - Jun 18 by monmouth

Remember the story was that Tutu was hawking Williams around too. It looks like it was an attempted coup to me and, if we are going to have a clique running us, I'd prefer it to be one that knows what we are all about controlled by Jenkins with an eye to longer term sustainability rather than a proven fly by night one year wonder, never mind one that is so blatantly self obsessed and trails around his lunatic promoter and mouthpiece.

Like the Sousa thread really. Right at the time - big piece of our history - and thank **** he was kicked out.

I agree with you.

The hawking of Williams by Bayram Tutumlu was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Did or did not Laudrup know he was doing that? If he didn't know, shame on him. If he did know, he either approved of it, or didn't care, and again, either way, shame on him.

On first glance, it appears Toot's still up to his meddling even now.

"Fringes," my ass. Agents worry about "fringes" and use them to kill a deal. A good friend of mine was a real estate agent, and he called real estate lawyers "deal killers." Football agents are often "deal killers," it seems.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:40 - Jun 19 with 2341 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:39 - Jun 18 by Rancid

If Tatey and Monk didn't like him then that's good enough for me.He never sticks around, either quits or sacked.Read his CV.

Hardly football circles then. Read his cv? I am not privy to such information, sorry. :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:48 - Jun 19 with 2331 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:46 - Jun 18 by Darran

And I'll tell you summin else too I've never known (and neither have you) a manager to f*ck off on the last day of the season and come back on the first day of pre-season training and I've never known (and neither have you) a manager to call a press conference in the way he did several weeks after being sacked.

Or did I just make that up? He's a tw*t end of.

I take the point - he was different gravy. I have said before there were faults on both sides that certain things like holidays and the role of his agent were not clarified. I have no issue with long holidays. He left his list and it was up to the board and those employed by the club to do the biz. Huw likes someone to be working 24/7 at the club as is the case with GM. He looks knackered on it btw and it does beg the question what are the other employees doing that are handsomely paid do to help him.
The press conference? See nothing wrong in that. He felt he was unfairly dismissed and did not like the manner in which it occurred so he put his case forward. His stock was falling at the time. As an aside I think it is falling further if he leaves his current club. I have said this before in this very thread. Hardly sticking my tongue where the sun does not shine;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:50 - Jun 19 with 2326 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:54 - Jun 18 by raynor94

In fairness in your earlier post you said you like him, and were one the biggest defenders of him on here, when he left, personally I don't think it's a coincidence he never lasts longer than two years anywhere, superb decision by Sir Huw

I agree. It is a concern hence I say his reputation is suffering as a result.

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:52 - Jun 19 with 2322 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:51 - Jun 18 by Darran

Ooh look another Laudyboy.

And you can lay off my pal Ice who I agree 100% with everything he says. Still Dailew likes you :-)

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:55 - Jun 19 with 2318 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:54 - Jun 18 by Rancid

Is there any other player with SCFC running through their veins more than Garry Monk or Tatey? They knew what was happening and the divide with the Spaniards and others at the club and they also knew Laudrup wasn't capable of sorting it out too and relegation loomed.I for one am glad Monk knocked on Huw's door because we were in crisis after that West Ham game and things needed changing.

Tatey had reason to grouse as he was not getting game time. The golf buggy did for him unfortunately and by the time he came back his opportunity had gone. I think he could have made the grade btw.
GM has form for this as was the case with Sousa.

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:01 - Jun 19 with 2229 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 21:14 - Jun 18 by ItchySphincter

Hugely unpopular with his players, seriously.

Evidence? Other than Tatey and GM? These player are highly paid professionals who are very well looked after. Personally I do not care whether the manger is touchy feely or not. Look at three of the most successful managers Ferguson, Morinio, and Wenger. Could hardly be described as this. I doubt fat Sam is first up the table dancing in his boxers at the office party either. In fact it can be a bit creepy as in Brenda's case who now appears to be sacrificing his mate to save his job.

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:08 - Jun 19 with 2218 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:26 - Jun 18 by monmouth

Remember the story was that Tutu was hawking Williams around too. It looks like it was an attempted coup to me and, if we are going to have a clique running us, I'd prefer it to be one that knows what we are all about controlled by Jenkins with an eye to longer term sustainability rather than a proven fly by night one year wonder, never mind one that is so blatantly self obsessed and trails around his lunatic promoter and mouthpiece.

Like the Sousa thread really. Right at the time - big piece of our history - and thank **** he was kicked out.

I remember Phil S saying that that he knew ML was fully behind the selling of AW and Michu. The problem was the agent was doing the biz on behalf of ML when he was away. Huw did not agree with the selling of these players nor did he like the agent doing the work IMHO.
I wonder what would have happened had we sold these two and what players would have been brought in as replacements? In the case of Michu it would have been good business even though I still cling to the hope he can regain past glories with us.
That is me done - back to gardening for the time being :-)
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 10:10]

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:13 - Jun 19 with 2197 viewsdailew

7 successive posts defending him.

No Laudboy at all !!

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:20 - Jun 19 with 2191 viewsDarran

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:08 - Jun 19 by Private_Partz

I remember Phil S saying that that he knew ML was fully behind the selling of AW and Michu. The problem was the agent was doing the biz on behalf of ML when he was away. Huw did not agree with the selling of these players nor did he like the agent doing the work IMHO.
I wonder what would have happened had we sold these two and what players would have been brought in as replacements? In the case of Michu it would have been good business even though I still cling to the hope he can regain past glories with us.

So at the end of Michus first season in charge it would have been good business to sell him?

Aye it's a shame we didn't have Doris f*cking Stokes in charge.

Seriously you sound about 12.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:30 - Jun 19 with 2177 viewsraynor94

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:08 - Jun 19 by Private_Partz

You do sound like a dumped teenager here , I'm still not convinced we would have avoided relegation had he stayed, great player good first season here, then he lost interest like always does, weird man

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:53 - Jun 19 with 2140 viewsAnotherJohn

Some bizarre age-related jibes here on a forum that is all about opinions. ML was sacked and we've moved on and done well. What I do not understand is the venom directed towards him, and the need to rubbish a manager who played his part in our consolidation as a PL team. I first watched the Swans more than 50 years ago and I cannot remember a moment that gave me more pleasure than seeing us lift that cup. I for one don't want to airbrush it from our history.
Laudrup - on the move again on 11:25 - Jun 19 with 2106 viewsSweyns_Eye

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:53 - Jun 19 by AnotherJohn

Some bizarre age-related jibes here on a forum that is all about opinions. ML was sacked and we've moved on and done well. What I do not understand is the venom directed towards him, and the need to rubbish a manager who played his part in our consolidation as a PL team. I first watched the Swans more than 50 years ago and I cannot remember a moment that gave me more pleasure than seeing us lift that cup. I for one don't want to airbrush it from our history.

Laudrup the player was a colossus, European and World renowned. As a manager his initial successes with us became soured by the reality of the results. He came to us as a legend, but he left us as just another flawed mortal. I think a lot of people still feel let down by him.

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:59 - Jun 19 with 2079 viewsraynor94

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:53 - Jun 19 by AnotherJohn

I'm the same as you watching for over 50 years, and I certainly don't want the cup win airbrushed, but you honestly can't say you were happy with the path he was leading us down

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:00 - Jun 19 with 2078 viewsAnotherJohn

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:25 - Jun 19 by Sweyns_Eye

Laudrup the player was a colossus, European and World renowned. As a manager his initial successes with us became soured by the reality of the results. He came to us as a legend, but he left us as just another flawed mortal. I think a lot of people still feel let down by him.

The results were disappointing, but when you think of other managers and relegation seasons down through the years hardly catastrophic. Laudrup's last month up to Feb 4th 2014 saw three wins and four defeats, including our first ever win at Man Utd.

Wed Jan 1 Premier Manchester City Home Lost 2-3
Sun Jan 5 FAC 3 Manchester United Away Won 2-1
Sat Jan 11 Premier Manchester United Away Lost 0-2
Sun Jan 19 Premier Tottenham Hotspur Home Lost 1-3
Sat Jan 25 FAC 4 Birmingham City Away Won 2-1
Tue Jan 28 Premier Fulham Home Won 2-0
Sat Feb 1 Premier West Ham United Away Lost 0-2

In the season as a whole there weren't many drubbings (4-1 vs Man Utd and 3-1 at Everton and home to Spurs) and lots of odd goal defeats against big teams. If West Ham was the nadir, things just did not sink as low as in so many past seasons, and yet people really hate the guy in charge,

So I doubt that the parting of the ways was primarily about results. It may have been about things like a certain agent, management culture, perceived application and expectations, and I cannot say that in retrospect Huw's decision was wrong, but this still does not explain the vitriol we see.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:17]
Laudrup - on the move again on 18:21 - Jun 19 with 1982 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:20 - Jun 19 by Darran

So at the end of Michus first season in charge it would have been good business to sell him?

Aye it's a shame we didn't have Doris f*cking Stokes in charge.

Seriously you sound about 12.

You sound like you are still in the playground! I will play this time though as I find your post amusing rather than insulting.
ML had said we need to spend big money if we are to compete at the top level. Possibly his thinking was that buying low and selling high could provide us with this platform. The combination of big bucks coming in for these players would have enabled him to progress further as he obviously was an attraction for some very good players signing for us.
You will be pleased to know that, had it happened, I would have been against it. I was just musing as to what might have been the outcome if these alleged deals had gone through. Nothing more, nothing less.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 18:22]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024